I might be jumping the gun here, bit does anyone have any insight at all as to when will the Android apps be available on the playbook.
    I mean have apps been even submitted to RIM to look at? All I can gather is RIM will allow approved Android apps, but we won't be able to get it directly from the Android marketplace. So does this mean, basically having the developers create/modify their apps they've already created for Android or will the same app be available with trivial burden of change on the developers?
    i.e. Do we have to wait for Rovio to make something QNX specific or will Angry Birds be available when Rim approves it.
    Any timeframe when we will see the new stuff coming through to the appworld?
    May...June...Q3
    04-24-11 10:12 PM
    Not sure either, but my guess is there will be an app for the Android Marketplace for the PlayBook. They are probably working on it as we speak.
    04-24-11 10:16 PM
    RIM said they will release the ability to port Android apps in the summer. Devs have to repackage the apps, Altho it sounds like a pretty easy process. Then they have to submit the app to appworld. The PB has some growoing up to do, but I feel it has a solid base upon which to build.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-11 10:16 PM
    RIM said they will release the ability to port Android apps in the summer. Devs have to repackage the apps, Altho it sounds like a pretty easy process. Then they have to submit the app to appworld. The PB has some growoing up to do, but I feel it has a solid base upon which to build.

When does summer start in Ontario?
    04-24-11 10:31 PM

Yep, pretty much this. You won't be going to the Android Marketplace to download apps to the PB. Android devs will be able to easily port their apps for the PB, but they'll still most likely come through App World somehow.
    04-24-11 10:35 PM
    That would be strawberry season.......
    04-24-11 10:37 PM
    On the last Crackberry podcast Kevin was saying the Android apps will run on an app player that basically fires up the Android OS on the PlayBook. Same for the native BlackBerry apps.
    04-25-11 12:53 AM
    ahahah summer in ontario starts in like may

luckily you dont live in alberta like me, where summer starts in july
    04-25-11 01:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD