???? Where oh where
    02-21-12 08:29 AM
    There was never an announcement that the android market or native twitter client was coming.
    02-21-12 08:34 AM
    Native twitter will probably come, I wish there was a native android market but it wont happen but RIM enabled android app conversion with the purpose of using their app world market.
    02-21-12 08:35 AM
    Converted Android apps are in App World and you can add your twitter account to the native email app
    02-21-12 08:37 AM
    The Android runtime is and has always been meant to be a vehicle for developers to bring existing apps to the Playbook.
    02-21-12 08:37 AM
    I would hope native twitter app will come out eventually, if you look at the new QNX phones it would be the same idea, how could you have a bb phone without a native twitter app? It must be coming, but they sure are taking their sweet time
    02-21-12 09:50 AM
    my mistake i meant where are the android apps. Didnt have my coffee this morning lol
    02-21-12 10:51 AM
    They are in app world same as any other PB app. In fact you might not even know they are a converted android app.
    02-21-12 10:58 AM
    android apps are IN app world mixed with other type of apps.
    02-21-12 10:59 AM
    my mistake i meant where are the android apps. Didnt have my coffee this morning lol
    I am wondering the same. Here are my Top 10 Android apps that I was looking forward to enjoying with this update:

• Google Maps
    • The Weather Channel
    • dealnews
    • Dish Network
    • Netflix
    • SoundHound
    • IMDb
    • Pandora
    • Flixster
    • HBO GO

So far, I'm 0 for 10.
    02-21-12 11:06 AM
    I am wondering the same. Here are my Top 10 Android apps that I was looking forward to enjoying with this update:

• Google Maps
    • The Weather Channel
    • dealnews
    • Dish Network
    • Netflix
    • SoundHound
    • IMDb
    • Pandora
    • Flixster
    • HBO GO

So far, I'm 0 for 10.
    These are CONVERTED android apps, meaning that not all of them work perfectly, and as such will not be released (netflix, skype), and we won't be able to download them unless the developer of the app, or the company, converts and uploads or gives consent to do so to someone else, i.e. it's not android market, it's app world with android apps that developers have converted and uploaded.

However, I do have IMDB, it's not official, because I don't have permission, so I can't upload to app world, however I can provide a download link for you to sideload the apps I have.

Google Maps: Google_Maps_6.02.bar

Android Twitter: twitter.bar

IMDB: IMDb_1.0.bar

Google Sky Map (which I recomend although there are bugs. it crashes if you enter a search for an object, and the accelerometre control is crazy, so tap the screen, then hit the icon that appears in the bottom left to shut off accelerometer control): http://www.mediafire.com/?9s6j339n6zj63rc

I will note, other than google maps, I have tested all of these and they work, although those tests were done on the 2.0 beta, not the official 2.0 release.

I believe all of these are free apps, if not, let me know and I can remove them.
    leafs123 likes this.
    02-21-12 11:22 AM
    I as well thought there was a Twitter App coming. There is after all a twitter setup in the account area.
    02-21-12 11:50 AM
    The Twitter account set up is for the PIM to allow you to receive/send direct messages from within the email client, and to retrieve social networking profile data for contacts and calendaring.
    zethaaron likes this.
    02-21-12 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD