Hi,

I Currently have my Android .Bar file and wanted to transfer it to my Playbook running beta OS 2. I wanted to know what the best way would me to transfer it using a mac?

Thanks
    10-23-11 08:09 PM
    10-23-11 10:11 PM
    Alan Panezic came on stage during the BlackBerry DevCon general session keynote to talk a bit on the BlackBerry in Enterprise. He touched a bit on BlackBerry Balance and BBX, then dove a bit more into the BlackBerry PlayBook on BES. The PlayBook can be provisined through the server, giving you a full Enterprise app store and secure apps without an additional needs.
    10-24-11 06:50 AM
    Hi,

I Currently have my Android .Bar file and wanted to transfer it to my Playbook running beta OS 2. I wanted to know what the best way would me to transfer it using a mac?

Thanks
    Hey there, Mac user also over here.

The fastest method is to just download the blackberry command line tools from
    https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...dLineTools.zip

The rest is easy.
    1. Set device into developer mode
    2. Connect device via USB
    3. Open Terminal
    4. Navigate to the blackberry command line tools folder you downloaded using the "CD" command
    5. Once in the main folder, run the command code
    bin/blackberry-deploy -installApp -device YOUR.DEVICE.IP.HERE -package FULL/PATH/TO/BAR/FILE -password YOUR.DEVICE.PASSWORD.HERE
    6. done
    10-24-11 08:21 PM
    I tried doing what you said but I think I might've followed the instructions wrong. Can you please elaborate?

This is the error I get:

blackberry daniyalansari$ bin/blackberry-deploy -installApp -device 169.254.0.1 -package FULL/PATH/TO/BAR/FILE -password *********-bash: bin/blackberry-deploy: No such file or directory

I put my password in place of the * but everything else was as is. It didn't work.
    10-26-11 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD