Hi all,

I bought a couple of BB Playbooks for my kids and am having problems launching android apps.
    I have installed the apps side-loading them from my Mac. Everything seems to work great. I can see the app on the playbook. But every time I launch it, I get a message that the applications have crashed. Now I've read that some don't work too great, but ALL OF THEM (I've tried about half a dozen)???
    I've used:
    1. PlayBook .apk to .bar converter for apk to bar
    2. Playbook_Tools for side loading the apps from my mac (MacBook Pro) to BB Playbook.

I've tried to find this particular problem on this forum, but no go.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction?

update: I read that it might be the integrity of the conversions from app to bar, so I went to goodereader.com because this site seemed to carry better converted apps… but still no go :-(
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by benoize; 01-01-14 at 05:55 AM. Reason: extra info
    01-01-14 04:25 AM
    Which apps? It's not a matter of the "integrity" of conversions- some apps work when converted and some don't. Try apps that are known to work. Try some android apps in app world- Ghost Commander or the CB Forums app- if they work then your android player is working ok.
    01-01-14 12:56 PM
    I am having the same problem! But its because Andriod apps (most) are only compatable with Android devices! With that said SOME android apps will work on here bud sadily not many. So far only thing that's worked for me is Twitter! Hope this helps! (:
    01-05-14 03:39 PM
    To be honest, only a handful of android apps work on the Playbook. First, the android runtime is 2.something, so apps that are only compatible with newer versions of android will NOT work. If the app is compatible with older versions, it's still hit and miss. I agree with the thing about goodereader, though. I appreciate all the effort put in, but I've downloaded some converted apps which haven't worked.
    01-24-14 11:55 AM