Hi all,

I have been looking for a while and can't find any info about this.

Is there a way to use the Android apps with the Bridge connection? I mean, here in Spain we don't have tether connection allowed so we have to use the bridge connection to access internet when we are outside a WiFi area. But the Android apps are not working with that system... Is it possible to make them work with Bridge?

Thanks!
    10-24-11 08:51 AM
    Hi all,

I have been looking for a while and can't find any info about this.

Is there a way to use the Android apps with the Bridge connection? I mean, here in Spain we don't have tether connection allowed so we have to use the bridge connection to access internet when we are outside a WiFi area. But the Android apps are not working with that system... Is it possible to make them work with Bridge?

Thanks!
    The beta OS has been released for developers so that they can test their repackaged apps. There are many obvious flaws in the Bridge implementation that will be corrected for the final release. The gold release will probably allow all third party apps the same internet access privileges - including access via the Bridge.

Disclaimer: ...but nobody knows for certain.
    10-24-11 10:29 AM
    I've been able to connect via tethering for sure I'll test bridge for you later.
    10-24-11 01:37 PM
    Greetings!

This feature is of top importance to me personally, and my testing has thus far been negative.

I'll admit: I lack the tools to accurately monitor what traffic is using the Bridge, but Ill share what Ive observed.

I have a 16GB PlayBook running the current Beta 2 OS, and its bridged to an AT&T 9810, which is in turn connected to a corporate BES.

I have pretty much full access to all the generic Bridge applications, including the Bridge Browser which can access my Intranet sites via AT&T 3G and my BESs MDS.

Also, when testing the Bridge Browser, I always make sure that WiFi is turned off on both the PB and my 9810, so I can reliably state that Im using the AT&T 3G as my transport layer.

When I do use the Bridge Browser to successfully access Internet and Intranet sites, I can clearly see the traffic arrows on my 9810.

So far, so good.

Ive been trying to use several Android apps (ConnectBot for SSH, RDP, VNC, even Dolphin) and while all work perfectly when the PBs WiFi is turned on, they all quietly time out when WiFi is off.

They also never show traffic arrows on the 9810.

I think that a different poster in this group has compared the Bridge to a native proxy browser thats hosted on the BB phone itself, and I think thats probably correct.

Bottom line: I think that ability is currently closed to us.

Heres hoping its opened in later releases!

Good luck.
    10-25-11 04:59 PM
    I agree, hope they'll fix it in the next minor updates that are coming throught this year as they've just posted in the official blog.

Thanks for the answers!
    10-26-11 02:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD