To all PB experts, i understand from what i read in the new os 2, the android player will be unvisible, instead we just see android apps in app world. do you think we can still sideload android apps, which not found in app world, and work when the os 2 released. i am interested in sideloading skype (even it only work on voice call, have subscription so i can make long distance call which on the road). Apologise if this has been asked before. thanks in advance.
    p.s. i have not try the beta os, i don't fell confident enough to do so, or not have the knownledge to rescure any wrong doing.
    01-15-12 05:16 AM
    Do a forum search for "sideload android", or go look in the Android and OS applications sections, lots of this info is already there for your perusal.
    01-15-12 06:06 AM
    my question is in the offical os 2, are we still allow to sideload android apps, or we have to download it via app world.
    01-15-12 11:52 AM
    how does the app world work on the new os2 is there anywhere i can read on it in real good depth?
    01-15-12 12:05 PM
    my question is in the offical os 2, are we still allow to sideload android apps, or we have to download it via app world.
    I don't think too many people have got to investigate the official 2.0, but there's no indication currently that they are removing the option. It is how devs can test their apps, no real reason to remove it. That being said, not all Android apps will work and I believe Skype is one that still isn't working in the Android Player. That's why, in most cases, you'll be better off getting your apps from AppWorld because you know they will work.

how does the app world work on the new os2 is there anywhere i can read on it in real good depth?
    It works the same as it does now. It shows apps and you download them. Most Android apps aren't labeled as such because they are now PB apps.The only difference is there's a Theme category in 2.0, although there are no themes yet.
    GreekPlaya and clem1604 like this.
    01-15-12 01:32 PM

It works the same as it does now. It shows apps and you download them. Most Android apps aren't labeled as such because they are now PB apps.The only difference is there's a Theme category in 2.0, although there are no themes yet.
    thanks for clearing that up i appreciate it.
    01-15-12 03:52 PM
    Gut says you are right Sci, and corporate admins would have the ability to lock it out at the enterprise level if they wanted. That makes sense.
    01-15-12 04:01 PM
    Hey,

I have heard from developers and I also read it somewhere in the last days that it won't be possible to sideload apps onto your playbook (emea alicante).
    I have also heard that converted apps won't run after the official update.

But, this is not logical and makes no sense to me... I am a little bit confused now.

My question is: What is the truth?
    01-25-12 06:37 AM
    Hey,

I have heard from developers and I also read it somewhere in the last days that it won't be possible to sideload apps onto your playbook (emea alicante).
    I have also heard that converted apps won't run after the official update.

But, this is not logical and makes no sense to me... I am a little bit confused now.

My question is: What is the truth?
    not good if you want to use, say, Kindle ,then.
    01-25-12 07:17 AM
    Does anyone know any good android apps?
    02-21-12 12:34 PM
    My previously side loaded android apps installed before retail os 2.0 update still load after installing the update.
    02-21-12 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD