I don't know how others feel about the free playbooks for android apps but I feel it has a negative effect for a few reasons.

1. More crap apps coded quickly for android and converted just so they get a playbook.

2. Turn off for native devs. How come native devs don't get playbooks too? Slap in the face for the smaller developers.

3. Spend the money not on giving out playbooks but instead spend it on getting Skype to make an app.

I'm really disappointed in this move because after the launch playbook for an app thing there were NO GOOD APPS or at least very few of them.
    02-02-12 02:21 PM
    Native developers DID have their shot at a free PB, that was last year before it came out.
    02-02-12 02:27 PM
    Yes with non native air sdk in frickin pre alpha state. It was terrible... At least it was for me when I tried. Now with mature tools we can create quality content but RIM is kind of ignoring that...
    02-02-12 02:35 PM
    RIM woke up. Offer extended to ALL devs. I now solidly believe in RIM and even though I may not be able to take advantage of this offer I will most definitely bring at least 2 apps to the playbook in the future.

Hehe this is good
    I am now content
    02-03-12 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD