Hi all i finally got android apps working on my PB but get the message
    "UIDs on the system are inconsistent you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable"
    Only thing i've found about this doind searches relate to android phones and tablets. Anyone know how do I go about fixing it on a playbook
    11-26-11 04:38 PM
    There should be a file called uiderrors.txt that will give you more info in the folder /accounts/1000/appdata/sys.android.gYA**THERE WILL BE A BIG STRING HERE**/data/system You could try uninstalling any of the apps listed in there

My android folder is sys.android.gYABgKAOw1czN6neiAT72SGO.ns
    Yours might be differently named, i dont know

edit: or you could use astro (if you have it installed) and just go to /data/system and open uiderrors.txt in the file viewer
    Zorgoth likes this.
    11-26-11 04:54 PM
    thank you, i obviously need a file manager, I can't see anything like the folders you mentioned, just what i can see in the mapped drive Z, mostly empty folders, books documents etc. Hopfully I can find an astro bar file
    thanks again
    11-26-11 05:36 PM
    Do you have the android tools installed? You can get a terminal by using;

adb connect <ip of playbook>
    adb shell

then navigate to the file and use cat
    cat uiderrors.txt
    Zorgoth likes this.
    11-26-11 05:40 PM
    no i don't have tools but i installed astro and found the uiderrors file. they don't seem to refer to apps though, I only have 5 android apps installed so far.
    its things like package.com.android.providers.userdictionary has missmatched uid 10063 on disk 10093 in settings, i don't have a dictionary installed.
    similar for com.android.soundrecorder missmatched again i dont have a sound recorder installed.
    there are a bunch of these that dont see to refer to anything i have installed.
    11-26-11 06:14 PM
    What OS are you using? If it is the 2.x beta did you install the sys.android.bar thats floating around? I would guess that those are things installed in android by default, but am unsure. My uiderrors only refer to a few apps i had installed
    Zorgoth likes this.
    11-26-11 06:35 PM
    its the latest beta but, Why did you ask?...it's history
    it's new, when i first got it i installed the beta and a sys.android.bar. I didn't realize it came with it since i didn't see a player icon. So wiped and reinstalled the beta. I've wondered if it could be part of the problem

I really appreciate your help.
    Last edited by Zorgoth; 11-26-11 at 07:47 PM. Reason: typo
    11-26-11 07:46 PM
    Reason i asked is that if there is a problem with the core android apps, it could have been due to some kind of incompatibility, but that can't be the case if you wiped and installed the beta again. It's odd and I'm afraid I'm at a loss. If it was me, i would security wipe, follow the debrick method to downgrade then update to the beta again. Though that seems like a lot of hassle to go to....

Have you installed the settings bar file?

Maybe some of the more knowlegable folks here can help
    11-26-11 08:00 PM
    Thanks again for the assist!
    I'll look for the settings bar file
    sounds like something i should have.
    Cheers
    11-27-11 08:42 AM
    lol, no. i just thought since the error related to differing uid's on disk and in settings it may have been that. I wonder if it is possible that it didnt wipe the android player and theres some files from sys.android.bar left over. When you say you reinstalled the beta, did you debrick first?
    Zorgoth likes this.
    11-27-11 07:48 PM
    Thanks and sorry for the delay we're working around the house. I'm not 100% about debricking. What i did do was use DM to "update" which brought me back to 1.07 then signed up for the beta again. I didn't hold down the three buttons at any time though.
    11-29-11 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD