Hey folks. I've been exploring the OS 2 and Android Runtime environments pretty thoroughly over the past week or so. Just about all of the Android apps I have installed are running flawlessly, except for four emulator apps (namely GBCoid, NESoid, Genesoid and Gameboid). All three of these apps crash when I attempt to open a .Rom that I have on my Playbook, except for GBCoid which crashes upon opening.

Now, in the Google doc listing the apps, all four of these are said to be "Tested & Working." So has anyone actually gotten any of these apps up and running games, or is running an emulator on another emulator simply too much to ask?
    10-29-11 10:08 PM
    I believe that native code is used for the actual ROM playing. Hence, these will never be possible on Playbook Android Player.

However, these emulators are all open source. The Nokia N9, for instance, runs every mobile emulator perfectly. Since Playbook supports POSIX and all the required library dependencies, it should be possibly to compile the emulator for Playbook.

So, just waiting for someone interested in porting it.
    10-30-11 07:00 AM
    Yeah none of them seem to work were the first apps I tried, bit disappointing as I would have loved to be able to play the emus on the playbook, I fear we will be waiting a long long time to see anything ported to be honest.
    10-30-11 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD