I've been running PB OS 2.0 for 24 hours now and managed to sideload Wordpress and IMDB today using the DPBB installer.

The app icons appear, however when I select them, nothing starts/occurs.

Anyone else had similar issues?
    10-20-11 08:14 PM
    did you also install the sys.android.bar file ?

If you did you need to backup and do a security wipe then restore your data back again..

The linked how to for the DDPB software that also showed the sys.android.bar for the old leaked one and breaks the OS2.0 Dev Beta since the sys.android.bar is "native" in the beta.
    daniekl likes this.
    10-20-11 08:21 PM
    Noticed that now, I will try a security wipe and see how I go. Cheers.
    10-20-11 08:26 PM
    Noticed that now, I will try a security wipe and see how I go. Cheers.
    Don't feel bad. I had to do the same. Thanks to the other bugs with the sideloaded apps I couldn't even backup my Playbook! lol Good thing it worked ok.
    10-20-11 11:35 PM
    itz weird cus i had andriod then i deleted it and never secuirty wipe yet i can get some apps sideloaded but not others. ie. im on tapatalk right now from andriod player via 20 and im gd but oher apps dont work. im tempted to sec wipe but back up is not workig for me andni do not want to loose my free apps and my game progress for nfs and modern combat 2....

Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Tapatalk Pro
    10-21-11 12:37 AM
    I was using the leaked android player, and removed it before the upgrade.

Then installed some android apps, they didn't do anything. Tap the icon nothing happens.

So, I did a wipe it downloaded 115mb on the setup screen, and now I installed some android apps again (working apps posted here) but now the player starts, I see please wait initializing... then that text disappears, and only animated BB logo is shown....

Thats all I get. nothing happens further.

Can anyone give me a hint how to get it working?

Thanks,

// chall3ng3r //
    10-21-11 02:21 AM
    Ok, I did another wipe, and this time after downloading again 115mb update it worked.

The Gmail app isn't working, it just quits the second it's started, Places, Kik and some other apps I have tried are working alright.

// chall3ng3r //
    10-21-11 03:47 AM
    after i sec wipe and reinstall the 115mb update, my DM couldnt recognize my device and it insist me to update again.
    10-21-11 11:06 PM
    after i sec wipe and reinstall the 115mb update, my DM couldnt recognize my device and it insist me to update again.
    I have the same thing.
    10-22-11 07:12 PM
    I have the same thing.
    Me too :-(
    no android apps AND it doesn't connect to the DM. trying security wipe...again
    10-22-11 08:57 PM
    also- the PB drive isn't showing up, but the wifi drive is.
    security wiped. re-registered while it was wiping. during the restarting the OS 2 update was detected. PC sees the PB and is connected to DM.
    of course....
    i can't recall why i wanted to connect to DM!
    ugh.
    well hopefully the side loading will work now.
    10-22-11 09:25 PM
    everything working well now. the difference i saw from prior attempts was that i updated wirelessly instead of using the DM
    10-22-11 09:55 PM
    I've tried that with no success. Wiped, installed 1.07, installed 2.0 and still can't connect via the DM.
    10-23-11 01:30 AM
    I've tried that with no success. Wiped, installed 1.07, installed 2.0 and still can't connect via the DM.
    turn off ur pb, then open DM and hit update. there onwards u will be downloading a 115mb update. when finish, ur good to go.
    10-23-11 02:22 AM
    Got it working, wiped it, then re registered. There was a 117mb update waiting, all good after that!
    10-23-11 05:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD