Besides some problems I'm loving the OS2.0 and waiting for the official release.

A couple of things that will like improvement:

1) Android apps been able to be accessed using the bridge data.

2) Open .doc AND .pDF attachments. After installing OS 2.0 I cannot longer open .doc and .pdf attachment they show as unsupported software even though I can open .doc and .pdf formatted documents. Has anyone had this same problem? Any solutions?
    10-22-11 10:44 PM
    How do I get Android apps? I haven't had time to research anything. I have the OS 2.0 beta.
    10-22-11 11:59 PM

2) Open .doc AND .pDF attachments. After installing OS 2.0 I cannot longer open .doc and .pdf attachment they show as unsupported software even though I can open .doc and .pdf formatted documents. Has anyone had this same problem? Any solutions?
    About the email attachments...

When I save an email attachment from Kaiten mail inside the Andrid app player it goes into a "sdcard" directory. This "sdcard" directory seems to be inside the "Android sandbox". If you try to launch the attachment from there it will look only for an android app and not one that is "outside the sandbox".

To get your email attachments out of the sandbox, 1) launch Astro, 2) copy & paste the attachment to the "downloads" folder that you see inside "sdcard" 3) You will now find the files in your "downloads" folder outside the sandbox and available to be opened with the native apps.

I find that only cut & paste works. If I try to use Astro's move command to move files into downloads they are not readable in the native apps.
    10-23-11 01:54 AM

When I save an email attachment from Kaiten mail inside the Andrid app player it goes into a "sdcard" directory. This "sdcard" directory seems to be inside the "Android sandbox". If you try to launch the attachment from there it will look only for an android app and not one that is "outside the sandbox".

To get your email attachments out of the sandbox, 1) launch Astro, 2) copy & paste the attachment to the "downloads" folder that you see inside "sdcard" 3) You will now find the files in your "downloads" folder outside the sandbox and available to be opened with the native apps.

I find that only cut & paste works. If I try to use Astro's move command to move files into downloads they are not readable in the native apps.
    Thank you so much. I will try the Kaiten mail. BUt the problem that I'm having is with the Blackberry messages (e-mail).
    10-23-11 08:11 AM
    How do I get Android apps? I haven't had time to research anything. I have the OS 2.0 beta.
    You can get the apps from here
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...any=true#gid=0
    10-23-11 08:13 AM

This is just an observation for what it is worth. The op was referring to a problem with the OS2 beta and attachments for "native" email (nothing to do with Android sandbox).

This kind of confusion will be an ongoing problem unless there is a separate forum for Android apps & games vs native ones. I hope that forum management considers this option.

--------------------

With respect to the op's original question about Bridge email. Attachments do not work in the beta. This is one more good reason why people who use PB for work should NOT download beta software meant for developers.
    Last edited by BuzzStarField; 10-23-11 at 08:52 AM.
    10-23-11 08:42 AM
    This is just an observation for what it is worth. The op was referring to a problem with the OS2 beta and attachments for "native" email (nothing to do with Android sandbox).

This kind of confusion will be an ongoing problem unless there is a separate forum for Android apps & games vs native ones. I hope that forum management considers this option.

--------------------

With respect to the op's original question about Bridge email. Attachments do not work in the beta. This is one more good reason why people who use PB for work should NOT download beta software meant for developers.
    Buzz thank you for the clarification regarding the native e-mail problem. Thankfully I can access them through exchange OTA.

With regards to the bridge data and Andorid Apps will like to know if they are going to have access with the bridge data.
    10-23-11 01:58 PM
    Buzz thank you for the clarification regarding the native e-mail problem. Thankfully I can access them through exchange OTA.

With regards to the bridge data and Andorid Apps will like to know if they are going to have access with the bridge data.
    Time will tell how much latitude RIM will give to android apps attempting to access resources outside of its sandbox. RIM's vision for the player with respect to the file system and hardware is largely unknown at this time.

These are early days and there are interesting anomalies with respect to hardware. For example, I have confirmed that apps running in the player have access to the magnetometer (magnetic compass) but native AIR and NDK app don't have this privilege yet.

"So many questions and so few answers" about sums it up.
    10-23-11 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD