Will the Playbook be able to run Andriod apps? If yes then it will be a sure winner.
    03-04-11 10:04 AM
    lots of talk about it but nothing concrete and not sure how they will do it either
    03-04-11 10:48 AM
    Will the Playbook be able to run Andriod apps? If yes then it will be a sure winner.
    Its capable to run them yes but it is all on if RIM allows that on the playbook and its development tools

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-11 11:02 AM
    A lot are hopeful, but nothing confirmed by RIM.

BTW:

A quick search of the forums would have answered your question in less time than it took to start a new thread. There are plenty of threads discussing this exact topic.
    03-04-11 11:05 AM
    QNX supports a wide spectrum of allowing VM's to run on top of QNX...it is an industrial grade OS designed for rapid programming and applications...you name a VM and it'll run smooth and better on QNX then they're native OS just due to the way QNX relays info to the hardware....common sense dictates that whatever RIM and QNX introduces as VM's , third parties will support VM's and allow other platforms apps to run on top of it...whether or not ios, windows or android or even RIM support it...there will be VM's running on top of it just due to the nature of qnx...

To be blunt..they most OS/harware intensive applications ios, windows mobile 7 or android utilize....the architecture of QNX will out perform the native application...in all liklihood even better in a VM then they're native OS....it sounds out they're but the reality and gravity of it is possible!

Just wait until the titans of desktop programs start porting they're product to QNX on the playbook and PB's of the future....this is huge fokes...this is why Dan Dodge at Dev Caon mentioned that we are going to be introduced to a world of mobile computing never seen before....this is huge fokes! Very , very huge!!!! In will come to the attention of us consumers in due course! I hope everyone is excited as ! Because the possibilities are endless!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-11 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD