04-18-12 05:34 AM
85 1234
tools
    Thanks for listing the apps, I had no idea Dolphin was available. I wish Aldiko and ComicRack would get ported though, crossing my fingers on those two.

I can't complain though as more apps are on the way and it's true what other people have pointed out, it's not an Android tablet. Besides for the $200 you won't find as good a tablet as the PB (for now at least...$200 Galaxy Tab? Yes please!)
    02-23-12 09:15 PM
    Speedometer for Playbook is up too. It runs on Android runtime.

CreaturesFarley likes this.
    02-23-12 11:41 PM
    Does anyone know if the playbook supports the android app, Crunchyroll. I don't own a playbook, but I really want to buy one. I just want to know if it supports this app. Thank You!
    02-24-12 12:20 AM
    Cinetrailer - One of the better android apps I have used
    02-24-12 12:51 AM
    Dear Crackberry mod's please make a list of these and sticky
    02-24-12 01:00 AM
    WordHero ...
    02-24-12 01:01 AM
    Seems that YouVersion's Bible is available.
    Yea I saw that but cannot find it now in app world do you know how to find it.
    02-24-12 03:13 AM
    02-24-12 03:14 AM
    Where are the other 100.000 apps..... RIM this is so Sad and totally not prepared!

Here's a list of Android Apps available through app world. Leave your findings below.

- Alan Partridge Soundboard
    - BBC News
    - Blutorc Speedometer
    - Catch Notes
    - CNN News
    - Digit Dexterity
    - Dolphin Browser HD
    - Doodle God
    - Drudge Reader
    - Facts About Me
    - Flickr Explorer
    - Ghost Commander
    - iFishing
    - LastPass
    - Learn to count in Japanese
    - MemoryPro
    - Overdrive
    - Physics Sketchpad
    - Picasa Tool by Colifer Lab
    - PocketManga
    - Pool Break/Pool Break Lite
    - Qx Calculate
    - RSSDaemon
    - Saavn
    - Snake HD
    - Speedometer for Playbook
    - Taptu - DJ Your News
    - Unit3 Physics
    - Webmaster's HTML Editor
    - Wordpress
    - YouVersion Bible
    dkjohn. likes this.
    02-24-12 03:52 AM
    Another one:

Xbox Live and PSN Manager

It's a free app with more that 250,000 downloads on Android to get Xbox Live and PS3 (PlayStation Network) Friends, Games, Achievements and Trophies.
    02-24-12 04:25 AM
    - IP Cam Viewer

Can be added to list. It works
    02-24-12 06:20 AM
    Seems that YouVersion's Bible is available.
    How did you find it, when I search for bible, I don't see it. When I searched for yourversion in appworld I get no results. Would really love to get youversion bible on my new PlayBook. Running OS 2.

Thanks,
    02-24-12 07:12 AM
    How are you guys finding this youversion bible app.? My mom loves it but I'm unable to find itinerary app world.??
    02-24-12 09:50 AM
    Tapatalk to be added.

I also "tipped" the first post to the mods with a request for a sticky so we don't have to keep hunting for this thread
    02-24-12 09:51 AM
    RIM said 1000s of apps so obviously there is a mistake here somewhere.
    Yep. And the mistake is thinking that the author of this thread has managed to list in the first post every ported-from-Android app in App World. I don't know about thousands, but there certainly seem to be at least hundreds. (And the fact that, as the launch of OS2 approached, RIM had to desperately bribe developers with a free PB in order to boost the available Android apps does suggest that their initial marketing claim of thousands of apps was as close to reality as those made by Marketing in a Dilbert strip.)

Hopefully the interest among developers will snowball, and that interest and the interest of the user community will form a positive-feedback loop which grows the set of apps available to a truly impressive level -- but I don't see that happening until BB10 is pervasive enough that it finally becomes financially sensible for the average development company to develop once for the unified platform instead of separately for the PB versus OS5 versus OS7, etc.

So maybe by Q2 or Q3 2013, App World will really take off. Can't wait, eh?
    Last edited by cletis; 02-24-12 at 09:56 AM.
    02-24-12 09:54 AM
    Im a bit confused. Is android app player built into App world? Do I have to install it somehow? is it even available??

I did notice the increase in the number of apps but no where near the 1000's of apps that was promised... Are the apps coming? is it being released in stages?

Please advise!!!
    02-24-12 10:41 AM
    Im a bit confused. Is android app player built into App world? Do I have to install it somehow? is it even available??

I did notice the increase in the number of apps but no where near the 1000's of apps that was promised... Are the apps coming? is it being released in stages?

Please advise!!!
    You can't tell which are android ports and which aren't because they're all listed in the app world now along with the regular PB apps. You don't need to install an android player because it's already built into the update to automatically open the android ported apps. There's a few hundred there right now, but app world is still backlogged in approving more.
    02-24-12 10:49 AM

Please advise!!!
    This has been asked dozens of times; please search the forums before posting.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...player-701184/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-2-0-a-702259/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-2-0-a-700604/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...player-700767/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-684510/

etc, etc, etc
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-24-12 11:17 AM
    The Dolphin HD browser was available before 2.0

All I want is Netflix to work, hope they make a native app or get the Android version working soon.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    You can make Netflix work via PlayOn. It costs money but they do have a free two week trial. I did the trial and it does work but I don't have the need to stream video. The only time I really want to watch a movie on my PB is when traveling by car or plane and then I won't have a solid Internet connection anyway.

The new Video Store in OS2 addresses my needs because I can download movies to watch on a flight.
    02-24-12 12:07 PM
    I typed in "Android" and many appeared which were by "Android Research"
    02-24-12 12:33 PM
    Thanks for listing the apps, I had no idea Dolphin was available. I wish Aldiko and ComicRack would get ported though, crossing my fingers on those two.

I can't complain though as more apps are on the way and it's true what other people have pointed out, it's not an Android tablet. Besides for the $200 you won't find as good a tablet as the PB (for now at least...$200 Galaxy Tab? Yes please!)
    Check this link there's Aldiko and Comic Rack and a few other apps sideloaded Blackberry Playbook Android Apps | Good e-Reader Android App Store - We support Kobo Vox, Kindle Fire and More
    Last edited by Cynamonne; 02-24-12 at 02:46 PM.
    X... likes this.
    02-24-12 02:41 PM
    Has anyone noticed that in the Android Market in the desktop of your computer, you can look for an app, and send it to your android device? I always install apps that don't belong to my current region this way, but today it was different; today it asked me to instal either in my Android phone or "RIM BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps"!!! ... Sadly nothing happened after that, but I guess something big is coming !
    02-24-12 03:23 PM
    Has anyone noticed that in the Android Market in the desktop of your computer, you can look for an app, and send it to your android device? I always install apps that don't belong to my current region this way, but today it was different; today it asked me to instal either in my Android phone or "RIM BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps"!!! ... Sadly nothing happened after that, but I guess something big is coming !
    Interesting but I'll wait to see if that's a glitch. I have a hard time believing rim will allow access outside of app world

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk
    orionfrg likes this.
    02-24-12 03:26 PM
    in the app world, they should have Aa for Android apps and Bb for Blackberry bars. just a lil tag in the bottom left corner when you touch an app and get its info. I just hope some dj/music generation apps get into the store soon. also the way the total store is laid out and the combination of unassociated apps in the same place is annoying. take music and audio category, then mp3 nd media players. there is not ONE mp3 player in there and conists mostly of soundboards and youtube junk. i gotta learn to code so i can make a nice mp3 player with visualizers.
    Last edited by thatplaybookguy; 02-24-12 at 04:00 PM.
    blackgold9838 likes this.
    02-24-12 03:53 PM
    Not sure if anyone mentioned, but "Legends of Yore" is an android game, it is kind of cool if you like oldschool 8 bit rpg games
    02-25-12 10:42 AM
85 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD