04-18-12 05:34 AM
85 1234
tools
    So, we have about FIFTEEN apps listed here out of the hundreds of thousands of apps on the Android Market!!!....I cannot believe how big a let down the OS2 has been.We were promised Android apps and we knew we weren't going to get THAT many but 15 is a total and utter JOKE.On top of that, the email app is rubbish as it wont let me add my btinternet or gmail email addresses to it. VERY disappointed in todays upgrade I'm afraid.
    Guys the list of Android apps available is quite big in App World even currently. We are trying to put the most useful and well known apps here in the forum. It is just the start, I already see many showing up today in App World which were not there yesterday. So keep looking and updating this forum post here.

Gmail addresses work fine in Messages app. Regarding bitinternet you need to have IMPAP/POP settings, once you configure it through Advanced mode, that should work. Messages app is great and the best email app I see around (ofcourse it will only become better with future updates).
    02-22-12 10:05 AM
    You realize that they are processing applications submissions still...
    Would you have rather waited for the os for another week while they process the apps? .
    To be quite honest, yes, I would rather have waited another week if that would be the result. The week's not over yet though so it may make no difference, we'll see. For what it's worth, I actually haven't used a single one of the android apps introduced so far. I sideloaded one, tested another, and deleted both. I set up my native email and am trying to figure out why I want it and I don't use a calender, but I can accept that those were really big for some people. I preferred the old UI layout to the new home screen folders. I do like the new keyboard a lot and the browser appears a little faster. The appworld interface is a little better. But they need to also add "top rated/paid/free" within each category of apps and games instead of just overall games and overall apps.
    02-22-12 10:11 AM
    - Ghost Commander (file manager: incl. network share/smb + ftp + local files)
    - RssDaemon News and Podcast Reader by Meecel (rss reader)

On Ghost Commander - finally a real fine manager for the PB - see my post here http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...mander-701617/

The rss reader, while not the snazziest or snappiest app out there, beats BB News and Webreader for my needs - notably offline caching that just works.

Thanks for this thread!
    02-22-12 10:36 AM
    is someone really complaining that the list is only upto 15, wow. I mean if andriod was such a big selling point then why didnt you get a android tablet. Its not like RIM is going to allow every repacked android app to come through the door before that check everything is ok with them. More apps will be coming. But why does it matter, if they are in Appworld, the they are blackberry apps not android anymore
    02-22-12 10:45 AM
    Navigate to Apps -> Categories -> Entertainment -> Personalize and you will find pages and pages of Android apps.
    02-22-12 10:46 AM
    RIM should provide an Android section or give Android apps an Android icon
    LoganSix likes this.
    02-22-12 11:37 AM
    Navigate to Apps -> Categories -> Entertainment -> Personalize and you will find pages and pages of Android apps.
    Your right...absolutely shed loads. I recommend the alan partridge sound board..."do you want me to lap dance"
    02-22-12 12:02 PM
    How do you kill the Android apps? It seems like they still took a bit of RAM even after I closed the Android player.
    02-22-12 12:15 PM
    Guys the list of Android apps available is quite big in App World even currently. We are trying to put the most useful and well known apps here in the forum. It is just the start, I already see many showing up today in App World which were not there yesterday. So keep looking and updating this forum post here.

Gmail addresses work fine in Messages app. Regarding bitinternet you need to have IMPAP/POP settings, once you configure it through Advanced mode, that should work. Messages app is great and the best email app I see around (ofcourse it will only become better with future updates).
    Thank you for a useful and "grown up" answer (unlike some!).
    Last edited by jdr116; 02-22-12 at 02:26 PM.
    jadenmiko likes this.
    02-22-12 02:21 PM
    Hey, thanks for that, very useful, cheers.
    02-22-12 02:26 PM
    Thanks everyone! This is fantastic. Keep 'em coming!
    Blue-Stinger likes this.
    02-22-12 02:59 PM
    God, what a lot of craps,
    Did guys who made these crapps really received a free playbook?

Amazing... A playboard of bob the spunge.... C'mon...
    Did RIM staff really checked all android apps? I found this one on the appworld, with Android in the title... Did they check security? We know that Android had some issues with few apps what was just malware... I hope it's not an open door to malware...

We'll see...
    02-22-12 07:43 PM
    This thread was a good idea but I can't believe you found an alan partridge soundboard to be worth putting on the list
    02-22-12 10:16 PM
    Pretty mediocre apps coming in from Android developers.

But add to the list:

- Flickr Explorer
    - Snake HD
    - Pool Break & Pool Break Lite
    02-22-12 10:36 PM
    i install wordpress and asteroid bomber and none of the two works, click on the icon and nothing happens, i remove and reinstall the wordpress app 3 times...
    02-22-12 11:13 PM
    Is there a BlogTalkRadio .bar file anywhere?
    02-22-12 11:22 PM
    This thread was a good idea but I can't believe you found an alan partridge soundboard to be worth putting on the list
    lol..just a joke. But it does highlight the fact that more is not always better.
    02-23-12 03:25 AM
    Ooooo, nice one. I'll check this out later
    02-23-12 04:08 AM
    We can add "Free Video Chat" app by Parabay and "Saavn" radio (wonderful option for listening to Bollywood songs, great app) also to the list.
    umm "free video chat" isnt a android app its a blackberry native app..just so you know..
    02-23-12 04:32 AM
    Overdrive is working fine on my playbook. Love it!
    02-23-12 08:16 AM
    nice... since all those flash apps on facebook work well on the playbook browser i wish there would be a way for us to be able to maximize this to our advantage like being able to lock the browser so we can play around the flash game or something.
    02-23-12 08:51 AM
    BBC News
    CNN News
    Drudge Reader
    Qx Calculate.

I have been searching through the Android Market and seeing if any app I'm interesting in are available in App World
    02-23-12 08:55 AM
    I found one called Digit Dexterity. It's a fun little puzzle/skill game.
    mandir75 likes this.
    02-23-12 01:31 PM
    Hmm.... I upgraded to OS2 this morning no problem. I just tried installing Overdrive from Appworld but when I click on the icon it doesn't do anything. It won't launch. Anyone else having or had this issue??
    I had the same problem and seemed like Android Player wasn't installed correctly. A factory reset solved the issue. After rebooting it asked for a Software Update which installed correctly and enabled Android Apps run successfully.
    Last edited by julyprum; 02-23-12 at 01:34 PM.
    02-23-12 01:31 PM
    "Facts About Me" in the category entertainment, personalize. It's not easy for an app to make me laugh, but this one does. 10000 facts for just 99 cents.
    02-23-12 02:21 PM
85 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD