Quick question...what .apk files would you install? Those for a phone or a tablet?
    07-21-11 02:08 PM
    that's what I just tried, didn't work...or at least not for me
    Did you repackage and resign the .bar file after you changed it? If not it won't load

An idea for someone to try (I'm at work or I would)

Open .bar as a .zip
    Place one of the .apk files that isn't a system one into the system apps folder
    Rename it as one of the system ones
    Repackage and re-sign
    See if it loads then

I'll be trying it later on if there's no way found yet
    Re

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-11 02:09 PM
    doesnt work for me,when i click the apk ,i get a parsing package error
    That's too bad. You probably need to repackage the apk using the tools provided by RIM, which of course is yet publicly available.
    07-21-11 02:09 PM
    Under the Z: drive misc folder there is an Android folder....
    07-21-11 02:10 PM
    i hope this is a eeaarrly build because u cannot use the pb keyboard in it, and its fairly laggy, but not to bad,
    07-21-11 02:11 PM
    I Downloaded it to my Thumb drive
    That's what I was doing, tethered. Got to 90mb & failed phone disconnected.

07-21-11 02:12 PM
    I'll paypal $5 to the guy who figures out how to load any android app. Who's with me.
    07-21-11 02:13 PM
    rsxsniper i dont have an apk file to test it with but if you sideload the app on the pb's harddrive, or even transfer it over to it, u can open the android player, then click settings>applications then if the app shows up on there in a list click on it and it may open it, this is just all guesses but its worth a shot
    tried this, don't think it worked. But i do have some japanese writing.
    AutoPilot2020 likes this.
    Did you repackage and resign the .bar file after you changed it? If not it won't load

An idea for someone to try (I'm at work or I would)

Open .bar as a .zip
    Place one of the .apk files that isn't a system one into the system apps folder
    Rename it as one of the system ones
    Repackage and re-sign
    See if it loads then

I'll be trying it later on if there's no way found yet
    Re

What I did was simply open de .bar file, put the extra .apk with the rest of them in the bar file, closed the bar file again, sideloaded the whole .bar file again, started the player and went to see if the extra .apk file would show up anywhere in the player, but it didn't
    i hope this is a eeaarrly build because u cannot use the pb keyboard in it, and its fairly laggy, but not to bad,
    damnit, i can't even get the droid keyboard to come up anymore, apparently it has spell check/auto correct
    07-21-11 02:14 PM
    It says July 19, 2011 - two days ago.
    07-21-11 02:14 PM
    It says July 19, 2011 - two days ago.
    eeks! we shouldnt expect this until late september then at this point...
    07-21-11 02:17 PM
    Well its to late for me, now the install routine is asking for a network ID/password. Haha .. I guess they leaked it to give a taste, and then shut it down. But very exciting!!!
    net id is your playbook ip..and pass is your PB password
    07-21-11 02:18 PM
    damnit, i can't even get the droid keyboard to come up anymore, apparently it has spell check/auto correct
    you have to activate the keyboard in the settings when running the android player,then the keyboard comes up when you go into a text input field
    ouu nice, buttt its so small and hard to type on
    There are image files within the .bar for what looks like the 'back button' etc...
    07-21-11 02:19 PM
    Happy for you...playbook boys! can't wait to get mine end of this year.
    07-21-11 02:20 PM
    well it's a leak, if they just link all .apk files to the player in the future it is going to be nice, well, I am going to play with it some more to figure out if I can get these .apk files to work...
    07-21-11 02:20 PM
    What I did was simply open de .bar file, put the extra .apk with the rest of them in the bar file, closed the bar file again, sideloaded the whole .bar file again, started the player and went to see if the extra .apk file would show up anywhere in the player, but it didn't
    Ah gotcha - then it didn't load your edited .bar because it has to be re-packaged and re-signed by RIM serves - I will be trying this later tonight

07-21-11 02:21 PM
    hmmmmmm just noticed something different, when having the android player opened and development mode on when u click on the guy with the gear in him there are now 2 IP adressses
    07-21-11 02:22 PM
    Solutions for Mac Users anyone??
    07-21-11 02:24 PM
    How to Buy a Desktop PC | PCWorld
    07-21-11 02:25 PM
    hmmmmmm just noticed something different, when having the android player opened and development mode on when u click on the guy with the gear in him there are now 2 IP adressses
    The first ip is the real ip from your internet provider, the second one is the playbook ip provided by your router. Use the second one.
    07-21-11 02:26 PM
    +1 on this
    ibrahimlaz likes this.
    07-21-11 02:27 PM
    I think thats normal. One is WiFi the other is the connection between your PB to your PC...or something like that...
    07-21-11 02:27 PM
509 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD