I tend to check a lot te new arrivals section in app world, i've found out that ALL apps i downloaded in this section are pure android apps, now this sucks, we need more native apps, the android apps are killing the playbook, u cant run 2 android apps at the time, now i love android apps on the pb, but the pb has to be about the true multitasking it comes with.... with these android apps u can only run 1 at a time and that sucks, unless u guys know a way to open 2 at a time that would be nice of u to share, dont know what u guys think, but in my opinion, the android apps are killing the playbook's true purpose
    03-06-12 12:53 PM
    It's certainly killing my experience in app world.
    03-06-12 01:02 PM
    If you don't like how they work, then don't use them. What are we supposed to do?
    03-06-12 01:03 PM
    If you don't like how they work, then don't use them. What are we supposed to do?
    thats the point, we like them, but if u cant multitask with them, its killing the playbook's true experience
    03-06-12 01:05 PM
    You can run multiple android apps. Open as many as you want. From any android app swipe from the top bezel down. It brings up a bar at the bottom. Click on the icons on the bar to to switch between android apps! Shocker!
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    03-06-12 01:09 PM
    Done. Don't like them and don't use them. I think I am in the minority though.
    ubermanx likes this.
    03-06-12 01:14 PM
    What SHOULD be happening in the Appworld is that these Android ports should be labeled as such. Perhaps something as simple as a little android robot icon in the game/app description....so this way we KNOW that this is an android port before downloading.
    carlbytes likes this.
    You can run multiple android apps. Open as many as you want. From any android app swipe from the top bezel down. It brings up a bar at the bottom. Click on the icons on the bar to to switch between android apps! Shocker!
    Well we want multiple windows....not "app switching"....I hope rim engineers the Android runtime in the future to carry the native flow.
    It would be nice if everything was uniform, but IMO, the AP interface isn't so hard to handle. It's a little different, much like the UI of some apps, but not so different that it causes problems.

It just seems a lot of these complaints and these numerous Don't Use Android threads are concerned more about uniformity than actual functionality.
    03-06-12 01:22 PM
    Well we want multiple windows....not "app switching"....I hope rim engineers the Android runtime in the future to carry the native flow.
    LOL, you are kidding right? So what you want is to be able to swipe from the bottom up to "switch" to another app? If you have alot of windows open this would require another swipe either left or right.

But a simple swipe from the top down and an icon click = no good? SMH.
    03-06-12 01:25 PM
    I have to admit that I'm not too fund of Android apps either... The multitasking is indeed one concern but I also find that these apps are somewhat less responsive and have a higher tendency to crash... Perhaps the problem is not with the Android app but with the Android player itself...

But I would also think that having in the app world telling me which apps are from android would be nice.
    03-06-12 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD