Hi i found a way to move drm fre files to Kindle in OS2 easily.

Interesting it involves another ereader - moonreader!

moonreader - buggy ebook reader for OS2, use only to access your local android directory
    Redirect Notice

amazon kindle 3.2.0.35 - works great though no cool page flipping animations and a little more jerky than PB native kobo reader.
    Amazon Kindle 3.2.0.35.bar

The gist is : To get kindle to read ur mobi files, you need to use moonreader file copy functions ("local files") to copy your mobi files to kindle directory (sdcard/kindle)!

You can transfer all your mobi file using BB Z/: drag and drop from your PC. I placed my mobi files in the books folder! Then multiple copy using moonreader to kindle directory!

That is it!
    11-17-11 11:02 AM
    or just get Book Reader app from the AppWorld?
    11-17-11 06:10 PM
    amazon kindle is free and works for many mobi files i imported
    11-18-11 08:13 AM
    This is nice and I love that we can share all this cool info on CrackBerry as I know it will help some people but I'm done with Amazon. I have purchased four books from Kobo since I got my Playbook and don't miss Amazon one bit.
    I also get my audio books from Overdrive now and it has a better price discovery feature (of course. Amazon and Apple want to cajole you into only buying from them - regardless of price).
    Once BB releases BB Movies, I will have everything I could possibly want right on my Playbook and with better specs than the iPad2 and more security than anyone.
    11-18-11 08:26 AM
    You can use most onboard file explorer apps (I usually use the CYanogenmod7 file explorer app that I converted) to move files from the playbook memory to the folder designated for the android microsd card. No need for the other ebook app
    11-18-11 02:30 PM
    thanks but where get cyanogenmod7 for playbook? i tested other bar explorer and non can see out of sdcard directory like moonreader.
    11-18-11 08:47 PM
    Not Cyanogenmod, but the file browser from it.
    Here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9610464/Play...ileManager.bar
    11-18-11 09:05 PM
    Thanks mate, works much better than moonreader! though how does one do multi select from it?

deleted moonreader now! hehe
    11-18-11 09:22 PM
    Not sure lol. I never use that file browser on android, and don't really need to use a filebrowser on my playbook

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-11 09:29 PM
    Get a copy of Astro, which is an android file manager (bar file can be found somewhere here in forums). Lets you go anywhere in PB and allows you to multiple select the items/books you want to move to /sdcard/kindle. Works very well in OS2 Beta.
    11-23-11 03:36 PM
    Maybe someone can help me, because I'm stuck.

I did the whole creating a Kindle folder where it's supposed to be when Kindle is installed, and copied some books to that folder and then installed the Kindle app.

However, when I launch the Kindle app I'm just asked for an amazon.com login and password. I don't see an option to bypass it - so I enter in my amazon.com credentials - and it says it can't do it and to try again later. So I go and create a new account - and it tells me that registration failed and to try again (can never get past it).

I just want to sideload my books... why am I forced to register and why is it not letting me?
    11-26-11 12:46 AM
    Get a copy of Astro, which is an android file manager (bar file can be found somewhere here in forums). Lets you go anywhere in PB and allows you to multiple select the items/books you want to move to /sdcard/kindle. Works very well in OS2 Beta.
    Have you tried Astro with the latest version of OS2 Beta (2.0.0.4869)? I picked up the second app (labeled Astro Pro) and can't manipulate files at all. I can view the android sd using the properties viewer but cannot manipulate any of the files.
    11-26-11 06:16 AM
    Maybe someone can help me, because I'm stuck.

I did the whole creating a Kindle folder where it's supposed to be when Kindle is installed, and copied some books to that folder and then installed the Kindle app.

However, when I launch the Kindle app I'm just asked for an amazon.com login and password. I don't see an option to bypass it - so I enter in my amazon.com credentials - and it says it can't do it and to try again later. So I go and create a new account - and it tells me that registration failed and to try again (can never get past it).

I just want to sideload my books... why am I forced to register and why is it not letting me?
    I have the same problem
    11-26-11 11:04 AM
    BUMPing this up to see if anyone could assist me and LWJoubert with this issue.
    11-26-11 03:03 PM
    Another bump.

Has anyone successfully got the Kindle app to side-load their books?
    12-01-11 06:29 PM
    i'll try it tonight. what directory exactly are you moving the mobi files over to? I was thinking of just converting to epub and using epubreader
    12-01-11 07:31 PM
    Have you tried Astro with the latest version of OS2 Beta (2.0.0.4869)? I picked up the second app (labeled Astro Pro) and can't manipulate files at all. I can view the android sd using the properties viewer but cannot manipulate any of the files.
    I used previous version of Astro. I also downloaded that new AStro Pro and installed and found it froze and acted funny. Maybe I should have uninstalled the other Astro first. ANyways, deleted both versions and reinstalled the one that worked. I don't have the updated version of Beta 2 (don't know how to update software, whenever I check it says my version is current). As far as Kindle not recognising the books that were moved to \sdcard\kindle, please do a search (like I did at the start) and find how it's done. Basically, before you install/sideload the Kindle app, create the directory in sdcard. When Kindle app is then sideloaded, it uses that directory which is now open with no restrictions. I installed kindle and found where the directory was created. Deleted the app and then used Astro to delete the directory that waas created, then recreated the kindle app. When Kindle is started (at least on mine), it doesn't bother with accessing the Kindle website at all, no need to create an account, you can have wifi and bluetooth turned off and just read. The books you move into the kindle directory must be drm free (I think I read that somewhere), not sure, since my library is drm free anyways.

I browsed all over and can not find where Kobo stores their books. I downloaded a free book from Kobo hoping to find where it went .... no joy. If anyone knows where Kobo stores its books, please let me know. Maybe the same thing that works with kindle works with kobo.
    12-03-11 12:48 AM
    I've used the application Calibre to convert epub files to mobi. With the pb connected to my computer I drop the mobi files into <drive>:misc > android >kindle. When i launch kindle, the books are displayed. very simple.

only books from kobo itself can be read in the kobo reader.
    12-03-11 04:45 AM
    Not sure if anyone has tried this yet and it may not even be an option BUT on my iPhone4 (Yes, I know, *boo, hiss* but I do have a BB9700 for work, also) I can put a .mobi file in to dropbox on my Mac then open it on dropbox on my iPhone. It tells me its not compatible and I can then open it with another program, select Kindle as the program and it works! Is this an option on the side loaded Kindle through Bluebox on the Playbook?
    Last edited by bigtaff; 12-03-11 at 01:23 PM.
    12-03-11 01:19 PM
    Kindle 3.2 app works but only after you do a security wipe and install it. If you have previous version of kindle app, even if you uninstall them it will never get past registration on 3.2
    12-04-11 05:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD