Today, August 1, 2012 I opened amazon.com and found that Amazon Instant Video is available on Ipad.

that said, I am very envious.

In PlayBook no Kindle (unless is via an android upload) and no amazon instant video.

Still a long way to go for PlayBook.
    08-01-12 03:22 PM
    Uh, I get Amazon Instant Video via my PB's browser without problem. At least I still was as of last week (there was a brief period in the spring when it wasn't working).
    cdelcampo216 and Mami56 like this.
    08-01-12 03:26 PM
    You are right, partially -I believe-. No all content is available via browser as far as I understand.

When I said that there is no instant video, I mean no instant video app.

Regarding that not all the content is available via browser, here an interesting video about it.
    08-01-12 03:39 PM
    Some content appears to be ok but still can't run Amazon Instant Video through Bridge as there is a message about Canada being out of the area or some silly thing like that.
    08-01-12 03:44 PM
    Not through the Bridge.... But we had outdoor movie night via Amazon Prime and the PlayBook 3 nights ago....ahhhhsome :-)
    08-01-12 10:12 PM
    Some content appears to be ok but still can't run Amazon Instant Video through Bridge as there is a message about Canada being out of the area or some silly thing like that.
    That's another problem with RIM, or at least the placement of its servers, and it's not limited to Amazon. If you are on Bridge in the U.S., you'll frequently get the message on various sites that you're not entitled to view the content because the site believes you are in Canada. I just got that last weekend when I tried to pull up an Olympics feed on nbc.com. Happily, I have mobile hotspot, so I was able to switch to that, but still.
    08-02-12 06:49 AM
    You are right, partially -I believe-. No all content is available via browser as far as I understand.

When I said that there is no instant video, I mean no instant video app.

Regarding that not all the content is available via browser, here an interesting video about it.
    Luckily for us, we don't need to install an app for every stupid Web site in the universe. Our PB browser actually works. The problem of Flash without DRM (Flash Access) has been fixed since the last update.
    08-02-12 07:34 AM
    1 - I use Amazon Prime via my browser on my Playbook with great success. There was a period of time a few months ago when it would only load some content but that seems to have been resolved (in my experience)

2 - I had a chance to use the Ipad app and it is nice to a point. It does not feature a search engine but instead offers about 60 movies that have been preselected and allows you to watch movies out of your que or library. If you do not have a movie in your que and want to watch it , I guess you go to Safari and log onto your amazon account and find what you want and put it in your que. Then you go back to the app and open your que to find the movie. So for now (unless I missed something) you have to find content on the net and save it so you can go to the app and watch it. So yes it does provide a path to FINALLY use Amazon Prime on Ipad but it is limited and inefficient.

I on the other hand have been watching movies and TV on my PB since I purchased it
    08-02-12 08:48 AM
    I was wondering how you go about getting amazon instant video to work on the playbook, i have been using the normal browser on playbook .668 but it says that i dont have a compatible flash.

Ideas?

thanks
    09-20-12 02:05 PM
    I was wondering how you go about getting amazon instant video to work on the playbook, i have been using the normal browser on playbook .668 but it says that i dont have a compatible flash.

Ideas?

thanks
    Have to wait for an update or install the beta.

Shouldn't this be in the Apple section? It is an app for the ipad, no?
    09-20-12 02:22 PM
    I had amazon trial for a month and just saved prime instant video as a bookmark; must say, worked excellent and got one and a half seasons of Fringe watched before the month ended - almost decided to keep it - HDMI to the flat screen made it nicer.

Many times I think "there's an app for that" is overplayed.
    09-20-12 11:19 PM
    I use amazon prime all the time on my playbook...haven't tried it via bridge...so it works good with bridge on the iPad...oh wait..
    kdeckels likes this.
    09-20-12 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD