hey I just got curious about the amazon appstore. I converted the apk to a bar and ran it on the PB. It runs fine but when I tried to download an APK it stopped me becase I life in canada. I uploaded to the BAR directory that we have going for someone to try in the starts that has an amazon account. Maybe this could be a good resource to get the free applications that are listed in the amazon app store.
    10-24-11 08:27 PM
    Also, after signing into my amazon account through the amazon appstore on the PB this shows up on the computer when I go to the amazon site. it says "RIM Blackberry Runtime for Android" and has a green checkmark beside it.....Interesting?
    Last edited by Thebigo3d; 10-24-11 at 08:41 PM.
    10-24-11 08:38 PM
    I am able to download apps, but get an error when trying to install. I downloaded the settings bar and check to allow unknown sources. I am rebooting now to see if that fixed it.
    10-24-11 09:28 PM
    After successful download in Amazon AppStore, I get:

Install blocked
    For security, your device is set to block installation of applications not obtained from BlackBerry App World.
    10-24-11 09:35 PM
    After successful download in Amazon AppStore, I get:

Install blocked
    For security, your device is set to block installation of applications not obtained from BlackBerry App World.
    I guess it was a good try. i wonder if you could take the downloaded apk files from the playbook, convert them, and put them back on the playbook
    10-24-11 09:48 PM
    Has anyone gotten this to work...

I get the:

Install blocked

Is there a work around for this?
    01-28-12 06:27 AM
    The apk is downloaded to your pb, but you have to go through the process of converting it to a bar before you can install it. When you download an apk, it is in the /misc/android/android/data directory. My playbook is not rooted, you may be able to install directly in a rooted environment.
    01-28-12 10:59 AM
    With the new OS 2.0 I loaded the Amazon Appstore .bar file, logged in with my Amazon Account and was able to browse apps. When I tried to install any of the free apps, I received the message "The Amazon Appstore is not yet available in your region". I even changed to a US proxy. I wasn't able to download anything.
    02-23-12 07:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD