i doubt it's coincidental that RIM finally approved aVNC and Telnet, but not aMail.
    05-06-11 02:42 PM
    Ah! Allright! $3.99 is great. Instant purchase for me!
    05-06-11 05:23 PM
    Yes aMail will be priced at $3.99. We are still waiting for a response about the application submission. Thank you for your patience.
    05-07-11 04:58 PM
    This wait is silly. They never ever take this long.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-11 05:10 PM
    Well at least you are keeping up AppWorld / BlackBerry as being the most overpriced apps!
    05-07-11 05:14 PM
    Well at least you are keeping up AppWorld / BlackBerry as being the most overpriced apps!
    You obviously don't have an iPad

05-07-11 05:33 PM
    some people just do not see the cost and time for developing complex applications and expect everytjing should be free.
    05-08-11 11:12 AM
    Wait are you actually trying to say that $3.99 is over priced...

I would have gladly paid $9.99 for aMail (and i use bridged mail from my blackberry currently)
    MedChemist likes this.
    05-08-11 11:49 AM
    Wait are you actually trying to say that $3.99 is over priced...

I would have gladly paid $9.99 for aMail (and i use bridged mail from my blackberry currently)
    Same here. I'm also a Bridge user as well but it doesn't provide all the email functionality i want (full IMAP support, please!) so I'm frantically searching for 'amail' on AppWorld every morning hoping it will show up.

People who believe it should be free should really fire up their computer, learn how to code and start sharing the love. Or otherwise STFU.

Just my 2 cents.
    05-08-11 01:32 PM
    Still waiting.

4$ to make my Playbook a email enabled device? Come one.. its 4$.. feck.. Its so cheap.. Avoid two slurpees and you have your 4$.. Or don't buy ONE DRINK at the bar.

anything over 5$ might turn me off an unknow app in the Apple store.. But so far most of the apps in apps world are cheap or free.. And alot of them are fun and use full.
    05-09-11 10:19 AM
    We called blackberry and now have three internal open tickets. We are stepping up our inquiries to find out the status of this application. Thank you for your patience for this app and we will deliver it as soon as possible pending approval.
    05-09-11 11:00 AM
    Can't you sell the app yourselves? Or are you only going to sell it via AppWorld?
    05-09-11 11:18 AM
    everything has to run thru appworld...no sideloading available yet
    05-09-11 11:36 AM
    We called blackberry and now have three internal open tickets. We are stepping up our inquiries to find out the status of this application. Thank you for your patience for this app and we will deliver it as soon as possible pending approval.
    I'll say it again.

Seeing apps and updates to apps that get approved in as little as 2-3 days, and seeing that this app has taken this long to get approval leads me to believe that RIM is delaying this because it has it's own email app coming soon. RIM does not want a 3rd party email app to be 1st or to displace it's own native email aplication.

aVPN has already been approved because RIM doesn't have one in the oven.

People would then wonder why someone else could do it so quickly (and elegantly, I might add) and they were delayed so long.

RIM is covering it's slow a.S. S. and preventing a developer from making the money he's due. Once the RIM product comes out for free, the price of this app will need to drop or go away. AFLEX is losing money because RIM doesn't want to lose face.

App developers should take note of this. Or maybe they have and that's why apps are not coming as quickly as they could/should.

IMO as always.
    Last edited by dkingsf; 05-09-11 at 11:57 AM.
    05-09-11 11:53 AM
    everything has to run thru appworld...no sideloading available yet
    Did not know that. Bummer.
    05-09-11 01:16 PM
    Totally agree with this post. It's the ONLY reason that it aMAIL would not have already been approved. RIM would lose face big time. The fact that they have disrespected AIFLEX (and us as consumers) is another story entirely. Completely unfair IMO. Still when will RM release an update with a native email client ? There's a solution out there that all of us can use. Why are we being forced to wait. Are there Navy Seals waiting unseen ? Go rogue AiFlex. Sell it independently.
    Last edited by mfreedmn_97; 05-09-11 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling
    05-09-11 01:36 PM
    updates to apps that get approved in as little as 2-3 days
    updates are automatic, they arent checked in the same way as inital releases
    05-09-11 01:49 PM
    updates are automatic, they arent checked in the same way as inital releases
    None the less, this app was out on AppWorld waiting for testing and approval before BBW conference. RIM could not let this go through until they could showcase their "upcoming" native email client.

From the vids I've seen of their effort, this would outshine them anyway. If RIM's email client is not released VERY soon, and this is not approved before that then it serves to prove my point.

Articles say "RIM hints at email client for Playbook early May" Well, anyone look at the calendar? To me early May means 1st 10 days, mid May is 2nd 10 days, end of May is last 10 days of the month.

AFLEX has interested customers NOW! Heck there were people interested in this 2 weeks ago, willing to spend $$ for his fine efforts. Because, unlike the BB's there is no option to receive and install the PB apps outside of AppWorld (somebody figure it out yet?) developers are at the mercy of RIM, and heaven forbid if someone does something better and sooner on their own than this billion dollar conglomerate.
    05-09-11 03:17 PM
    As I said before, either in this thread or the other aMail thread, this is not a coincidence. Look at what's missing from Appworld:

Email
    Contacts
    Calendar
    Twitter
    IM

Any, or all of those are no-brainers for developers to jump onto. None? None of them? RIM plans to release a version of each of them, and won't let developers get "competitors" onto App World before them. There is no way that someone hasn't developed a simple calendar/contact app at this point. No way. aMail has demonstrated that they have an email app. they're not the only one. Yet nothing in App World? Nothing? Really? No way.
    trsbbs likes this.
    05-09-11 03:20 PM
    It really looks like AiFlex is getting shafted here big time. Even if RIM pushed out their own email client earlier I'll still purchase AMail to show my support. This really sucks balls for hard working developers. Bah.
    thedark722 and danield76 like this.
    05-09-11 03:37 PM
    As I said before, either in this thread or the other aMail thread, this is not a coincidence. Look at what's missing from Appworld:

Email
    Contacts
    Calendar
    Twitter
    IM

Any, or all of those are no-brainers for developers to jump onto. None? None of them? RIM plans to release a version of each of them, and won't let developers get "competitors" onto App World before them. There is no way that someone hasn't developed a simple calendar/contact app at this point. No way. aMail has demonstrated that they have an email app. they're not the only one. Yet nothing in App World? Nothing? Really? No way.
    I agree, its truly unfair to us as consumers and yes RIM should have had their isht together at release, but they would be setting themselves up for worse if they were to release these types of apps ahead of their own. As a consumer and early adopter, I'm frustrated by all this, but trying to look at it from RIM's standpoint, I understand wha they appear to be doing and the seeming reasons behind it.

I guess we just have to keep waiting for them to release their own pieces, compare them to what the serious app devs like Aiflex are putting out (whenever they come out) and then make our statements through our choices.

RIM had to make a bunch of hard decisions with the playbook, and flopped pretty badly on some, but atleast we are where we are - playbook in hand rather than not. I for one am glad I have my playbook, in its current state, and would not change my decision to be at staples at 7am on the 19th.

Would any of us have waited to buy their's knowing then what we know now?
    05-09-11 03:49 PM
    It really looks like AiFlex is getting shafted here big time. Even if RIM pushed out their own email client earlier I'll still purchase AMail to show my support. This really sucks balls for hard working developers. Bah.
    Agreed. I'll probably even delete the Playbook email client by RIM if at all possible. At the very least, I'll give RIM a come-upnz in a review of their email client, even though they will probably remove the review.
    05-09-11 05:11 PM
    I agree, its truly unfair to us as consumers and yes RIM should have had their isht together at release, but they would be setting themselves up for worse if they were to release these types of apps ahead of their own. As a consumer and early adopter, I'm frustrated by all this, but trying to look at it from RIM's standpoint, I understand wha they appear to be doing and the seeming reasons behind it.

I guess we just have to keep waiting for them to release their own pieces, compare them to what the serious app devs like Aiflex are putting out (whenever they come out) and then make our statements through our choices.

RIM had to make a bunch of hard decisions with the playbook, and flopped pretty badly on some, but atleast we are where we are - playbook in hand rather than not. I for one am glad I have my playbook, in its current state, and would not change my decision to be at staples at 7am on the 19th.

Would any of us have waited to buy their's knowing then what we know now?
    If I was an app developer I'd be turning Android or iOS on them because of this.

They're biting the hand(s) that would have fed them! It's obvious to me now that there will always be somebody else that can do it faster and better than RIM. Whether it be PB or BB, RIM doesn't seem to understand.
    05-09-11 05:13 PM

Email
    Contacts
    Calendar
    Twitter
    IM

None? None of them? RIM plans to release a version of each of them, and won't let developers get "competitors" onto App World before them. There is no way that someone hasn't developed a simple calendar/contact app at this point.
    your right, there is no way someone didnt make them, hence they are there for anyone to use (premium items).

calendar app - easy agenda for blackberry playbook
    contacts app - personal assistant

email/twitter your right, there are a few IRC style chat clients, but none of the `mainstream` names.

to be clear the 2 apps above i havent tried, simply searched `calendar` and `contacts` on my playbook
    05-09-11 05:54 PM
    Personal assiStant doesn't seem to use the BB contacts. Seems like you have to create your own. I could be wrong but I tried it twice

05-09-11 09:27 PM
189 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD