Sounds to me like the rest of us need to start contacting them and asking the same thing!
    That may not be a bad idea really.
    05-05-11 03:01 PM
    Could be since this is SUCH a major app, they really want to test it, and they are just a hair busy with BBW. Lets give them a couple days, BUT I agree, this IS getting frustrating!
    05-05-11 03:13 PM
    Or RIM doesn't want a thirdy party supplying a key functionality to their device which they should have delivered from the get go.

I don't user a BB phone so this is key functionality for me that i need on a tablet.
    05-05-11 03:44 PM
    Or RIM doesn't want a thirdy party supplying a key functionality to their device which they should have delivered from the get go.
    BINGO! I dount this app will get approved...its unfortunate
    05-05-11 03:58 PM
    they have not approved the early bird email app either.

:/

but i would easily pay $3.99 for this.
    05-05-11 04:07 PM
    Yup..

If rim wants to block third party email apps, then they should release a demo for people to use in the meantime.. I don't need it to hook up to my bes etc.. I need it to check my gmail acocunt (no using the browser) or pop, imap.. Its already setup on my exchange server for Iphone and android users.

feck,.
    05-05-11 04:12 PM
    Posted to twitter to @blackberry

@blackberry How can aMail an email app for #PlayBook submitted on April 20th still be in testing and NOT approved? #blackberry #fail
    05-05-11 06:09 PM
    who knows, it may be they are testing it throughly, it may be they have alot in testing que, heck it may even be because the app has an issue (although im merely giving options and doubt this). it could be for any number of reasons, lets just hope it comes soon, and possibly realise announcing before approval is always a painful path.
    05-05-11 07:16 PM
    who knows, it may be they are testing it throughly, it may be they have alot in testing que, heck it may even be because the app has an issue (although im merely giving options and doubt this). it could be for any number of reasons, lets just hope it comes soon, and possibly realise announcing before approval is always a painful path.
    Hi BBThemes, in response to this, aMail has and is being continually tested and enhanced. Before the very first version of aMail was submitted to blackberry the application has been extensively tested in full development monitoring setup, many simulators (some with reduced specs for break testing) and on devices. We are continuing to develop aMail and want to work with blackberry to get this app approved. We chose the announce before approval because we were excited about aMail and wanted to assist showing what the playbook is capable of. We will keep you posted on our progress and thank you for your support.
    05-05-11 07:54 PM
    Lol when has Rim ever tested anything thoroughly?
    That is why they are kings of updates and fixes for bugs.
    Last edited by BBStormOS6; 05-05-11 at 09:26 PM.
    05-05-11 07:59 PM
    Hi BBThemes, in response to this, aMail has and is being continually tested and enhanced. Before the very first version of aMail was submitted to blackberry the application has been extensively tested in full development monitoring setup, many simulators (some with reduced specs for break testing) and on devices. We are continuing to develop aMail and want to work with blackberry to get this app approved. We chose the announce before approval because we were excited about aMail and wanted to assist showing what the playbook is capable of. We will keep you posted on our progress and thank you for your support.
    to be clear i meant appworld testing it throughly, iv no doubt you have, just im sure with stuff such as email / chat clients that openly use peoples info is tested rigorously to ensure no potential security issues, i note ya said in a different thread i think that its was ssl and everything like that for security, jus im sure with apps that can handle data like this, they might get a bit more than the once over.
    05-05-11 08:03 PM
    I may buy this on general principles, EVEN if RIM waits to release it till when their own client is ready!
    05-05-11 08:06 PM
    quick question, which was submitted first, aVNC or aMail? just as a yardstick because aVNC is obviously now available
    05-05-11 08:14 PM
    RIM doesn't do any functional testing on apps submitted to AppWorld. They pretty much only try if it works and doesn't show any immediately apparent defects.

This has been pointed out by a RIM representative on the official developer forums.
    05-05-11 08:39 PM
    quick question, which was submitted first, aVNC or aMail? just as a yardstick because aVNC is obviously now available
    aVNC was submitted before aMail but only by a few days. aVNC did go through the approval twice because we wanted to improve aVNC before releasing it. aMail has not been approved at all. We will continue to communicate with blackberry and keep this forum updated.
    05-05-11 08:46 PM
    Why is aVCN not in Appworld?
    05-05-11 09:27 PM
    As I mentioned earlier in this thread... I'd speculate that RIM will not push it through until there is a free alternative to a native email client.

It would be a marketing disaster if new reviews or blog-sites made a big issue out of "Playbook now has native email clients...But you have to pay extra!" (and before you comment on how cheap it is, the price is moot, even for 99cents it would create an uproar)

Not to discount or begrudge the quality of amail... for all I know, this app could be extraordinary. However the marketing perception could be twisted or spun in a manner that would make RIM look incompetent or worse.

Blackberry already has a poor reputation of its users being gouged for higher prices for apps as compared to other platforms. Imagine if somebody got ahold of a story where typical core apps came at a price also.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 05-05-11 at 09:39 PM.
    05-05-11 09:32 PM
    Why is aVCN not in Appworld?
    aVNC is in AppWorld I just bought it. Search for" aiflex"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-11 09:34 PM
    i found it typing "avnc"
    05-05-11 09:53 PM
    What the current status of this app? has blackberry given you updates or feedback?

I'm tired of check the webpages for email.

Really. It blows.
    05-06-11 11:31 AM
    As I mentioned earlier in this thread... I'd speculate that RIM will not push it through until there is a free alternative to a native email client.

It would be a marketing disaster if new reviews or blog-sites made a big issue out of "Playbook now has native email clients...But you have to pay extra!" (and before you comment on how cheap it is, the price is moot, even for 99cents it would create an uproar)

Not to discount or begrudge the quality of amail... for all I know, this app could be extraordinary. However the marketing perception could be twisted or spun in a manner that would make RIM look incompetent or worse.

Blackberry already has a poor reputation of its users being gouged for higher prices for apps as compared to other platforms. Imagine if somebody got ahold of a story where typical core apps came at a price also.
    While this could be true I sure hope you're wrong. It would be a huge kick in the groin to AiFlex who obviously worked really hard on this application. As far as I know there are no terms and conditions for BB AppWorld that state that developers are not allowed to provide functionality that RIM does not, whether they plan to in the future or not.

I do think it's about time to ask RIM for a statement on what the **** is going on. It's obviously taking longer than average right now so something isn't right. Maybe some 'official' message can be sent in name of all concerned CrackBerry users who want this app?
    05-06-11 11:36 AM
    aVNC was submitted before aMail but only by a few days. aVNC did go through the approval twice because we wanted to improve aVNC before releasing it. aMail has not been approved at all. We will continue to communicate with blackberry and keep this forum updated.
    ah thats helpful thanks, so we`d be expecting in the next day or two then, updates to apps arent subjected to the checking process, so they just take time to `process` automatically thru the system, guess the only thing now is how many apps were submitted between your aVNC and aMail submission, summat we`ll never know lol
    05-06-11 11:44 AM
    Did we ever get an answer on price?
    It seems pretty obvious by now that he doesn't want to disclose this before the app is out. I can understand this completely because it avoids a meaningless discussion on whether the price is justified or not. A discussion that makes no sense to even have before we can try the app.
    05-06-11 12:36 PM
    aMail will be priced at $3.99 when it arrives on app world.
    It seems pretty obvious by now that he doesn't want to disclose this before the app is out. I can understand this completely because it avoids a meaningless discussion on whether the price is justified or not. A discussion that makes no sense to even have before we can try the app.
    dev said the price few days ago
    05-06-11 12:40 PM
    pom pom pom! Still waiting and checking Appworld every hour when can i spend my money on this one?
    05-06-11 12:48 PM
189 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD