2.99 and he will retire a millionaire with the pace that rim plans on getting native email
    05-04-11 04:40 PM
    The status has been waiting on test house since it was submitted on 20th April. We are still working on updates for aMail including styling settings, signatures, sending attachments along with more improvements to the existing setup. aMail does perform exactly how it is portrayed in our videos, which is why we filmed an actual device rather than using a video output. We want everyone to find aMail accessible, good value and develop a great product.
    05-04-11 07:12 PM
    features sound good, big question that seems to keep going unanswered though, how much?
    05-04-11 07:16 PM
    Must say I liked the video of Playbook running TAT and the email app they showed. AiFlex Is this something you are looking at down the road?
    05-04-11 07:19 PM
    features sound good, big question that seems to keep going unanswered though, how much?
    Why not lean on RIM to get it out instead of the author about the price?

Once it is out all questions will be answered.

Nothing like getting the horse before the cart.

We have enough games and clock apps, time for RIM to
    step up to the plate and put out the good stuff.

Have you noticed that none of the applications released so far
    threaten their future products in any way? hmmm...

Tim
    05-04-11 07:52 PM
    Must say I liked the video of Playbook running TAT and the email app they showed. AiFlex Is this something you are looking at down the road?
    That is/would be VERY cool...I hope it happens and it couldn't happen
    soon enough.

I love cool things.....and am very impatient. (if you haven't noticed)

Tim
    05-04-11 07:54 PM

Tim
    I have to say that I believe the delay is probably related to the BBW conference and the showing of RIMs native email and PIM clients. Their offering would not generate a buzz if someone else had them out 1st. Just IMO no need to flame.
    05-04-11 08:13 PM

Tim
    firstly as a memo app is currently featured on phone appworld, and BB has its own memo app, i think your just being a tad cynical.

the reason im not `leaning` on RIM is because i dont see why i should? its not my app (which took a fair while in itself to be approved) and i dont think its a case of `the more people `lean` on rim the faster they`ll approve it` because that could be very unfair to any other dev thats had to wait/will have to wait.

the reason im asking about the price (other than the obvious fact that its not been answered in all the previous posts), is that when you submit the app you choose a price, so this is something that has already been choosen, and therefore is known, plus the price will affect wether i shall purchase it or not.

also it would be interesting to know when they submitted their app that has been approved, as this would give a better idea of the current approval timeframe too, which im sure has been slowed/affected by the long weekend and bbworld
    Last edited by BBThemes; 05-04-11 at 08:41 PM.
    05-04-11 08:31 PM
    BBThemes said "firstly as a memo app is currently featured on phone appworld, and BB has its own memo app, i think your just being a tad cynical"

Apples and oranges.

RIMs email client is not out yet, thus having someone beat them to the punch would make them look bad or devalue RIMs own product. Business 101.

Thus the memo pad vs memo pad thought is a little off.

I would rather have the product so that I could judge for myself if it
    is worth the cash being put out.

How in the heck can you tell what something is worth until you see it or try it.

Tim
    05-04-11 09:03 PM
    Thinking about it... I don't think I've ever paid for an email app. Well, perhaps indirectly when I purchase M$ Office which has Outlook bundled with it (never use it though).
    05-04-11 09:11 PM
    I would rather have the product so that I could judge for myself if it
    is worth the cash being put out.

How in the heck can you tell what something is worth until you see it or try it.

Tim
    as you have to pay before you use it, what ya said doesnt make much sense, although the vid from the dev does make it look compelling.

when i see summat i like there are two (well normally 2) thoughts that go thru my head `how much is that` and `when can i have it` now the dev cant answer the second one, thats fair enough, but i dont see why the price is being so top secret, its been asked more than 10 times in various threads, so its obviously a genuine concern for people which is as yet unanswered.
    05-04-11 09:14 PM
    as you have to pay before you use it, what ya said doesnt make much sense, although the vid from the dev does make it look compelling..
    Not sure if he mentioned it or not, but could there be a trial period?

Also when in App world their would be reviews from users right?

I usually do not purchase anything unless their are a few reviews or
    I know for sure it going to be good.

I would also bet that since RIM doesn't have a email client of its own that
    this software gets reviewed by many people and sources. Maybe even Crackberry.

That make sense doesn't it?

I just wish RIM would get off their backside and put some apps out their
    that folks want and need...mostly need.

Right now the reviews are swinging around about the PB except for one area.
    The Apps or the lack of good ones, useful ones, well written ones.

So I will worry about the price once I am able to purchase it. Which right now
    no one can.

Tim
    05-04-11 10:41 PM
    aMail will be priced at $3.99 when it arrives on app world.
    05-05-11 04:44 AM
    Superb! Nice pricing! Now the when?
    Will it arrive today/tomorrow? Can not wait to get my hands on this app
    05-05-11 05:14 AM
    I was starting to worry a bit about how much it will be since the developer seemed to be dodging the question, but $3.99 is a great price for what it does/will do! Especially if they keep adding features, as they have (even though the product hasn't even been released..)
    05-05-11 06:13 AM
    3.99, PK approves!!!!!!!!! VERY reasonable, good development should be rewarded! YES we will be getting it free from RIM eventually, BUT for 3.99 I'm gonna get it from AiFlex NOW! Good show boys!
    05-05-11 08:17 AM
    except that RIM seems intent on never approving this app.
    05-05-11 09:39 AM
    No, I still have that feeling as well. Aiflex seems really not disturbed about the time it takes to approve an app? I want it, and want it now. Would love to have my mail with me instead of pairing with my BB all the time
    05-05-11 09:44 AM
    No, I still have that feeling as well. Aiflex seems really not disturbed about the time it takes to approve an app? I want it, and want it now. Would love to have my mail with me instead of pairing with my BB all the time
    I am concerned about the duration it is taking to get our applications out. We really want to get our applications out as quickly as possible and we are doing everything behind the scenes we can to keep on top of the approval process and get it approved. Rest assured we want this application out as much as everyone wants it.
    05-05-11 09:56 AM
    Who knows... Maybe it is that good, and RIM is having problem to develop their own that they will offer you a good sum of money so they can change the "aMail" name for a "Blackberry" brand application.
    05-05-11 10:21 AM
    $3.99? you've now got another customer eagerly waiting to pay you money
    05-05-11 10:40 AM
    I think I will hold off untill the native app shows up, I have no problem with emails in the web browser for now and anything else my iPhone will handle just fine for now.
    05-05-11 11:26 AM
    AiFlex did you mail them yet to ask what's taking them so long?
    05-05-11 12:53 PM
    We have mailed blackberry a few time and are waiting on a response.
    05-05-11 02:08 PM
    We have mailed blackberry a few time and are waiting on a response.
    Sounds to me like the rest of us need to start contacting them and asking the same thing!
    05-05-11 02:54 PM
189 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD