can it utilize gmail contacts? and does it show alerts?
    05-02-11 10:01 PM
    Will this app still be approved by RIM or will there be a native app in the next OS-update? How long does it normally take to approve an app? I want this app badly and can not wait much longer!
    05-03-11 04:27 AM
    It will either get approved the day after a native email app appears, or RIM buys them out.
    TBacker likes this.
    05-03-11 07:18 AM
    this is really becoming ridiculous. now that we've seen the native app (looks nice btw, very polished), and that we've been told it won't be coming till the summer, can we please have aMail ??? what is this holdup!
    05-03-11 10:35 AM
    aMail has been waiting for approval for 13 days now so we hope to have it available soon.
    05-03-11 11:15 AM
    RIM should have just hired you or bought your app. You seem to be able to get things done. While they are taking forever.

Maybe RIM is watching you because if they release a native email app that isn't this good and polished, they will be the laughing stock.
    05-03-11 11:23 AM
    RIM should have just hired you or bought your app. You seem to be able to get things done. While they are taking forever.

Maybe RIM is watching you because if they release a native email app that isn't this good and polished, they will be the laughing stock.
    Thank you. There are a whole load more features and functionality we want to add, and will get them to users as quickly as possible. aMail is still be added to and developed
    Last edited by AiFlex; 05-03-11 at 01:53 PM.
    05-03-11 11:30 AM
    aMail has been waiting for approval for 13 days now so we hope to have it available soon.
    What is the window? 15 ?
    05-03-11 11:45 AM
    I believe that the window is 10-14 days for app approvals
    05-03-11 12:09 PM
    ok thanks, really hoping to see this hit App World tomorrow then...
    05-03-11 12:17 PM
    It's starting to take rather long. Sometimes it doesn't hurt to send a support message to ask what's going on. I've seen various people getting their app approved really quickly after doing that.
    05-03-11 01:16 PM
    One program from AiFlex did hit the App world, but not the VNC nor the email client
    have made it yet.

Tim
    05-03-11 02:41 PM
    Still waiting.
    05-03-11 03:58 PM
    me too. Native app from RIM will be there in the summer while a lot of people need the app now!
    05-03-11 04:08 PM
    aMail connects directly to IMAP and POP3 servers from your individual service providers. I anticipate aMail to be available in the next few days.
    05-03-11 06:23 PM
    So what is Rim telling you when you ask why it is not released?
    05-03-11 06:41 PM
    Is there an update already? When will this product be available?
    If you need beta-testers, count me in!
    05-04-11 09:31 AM
    We are still waiting for aMail to go through approval process. Current status is 'waiting on testing house'. Rest assured we will keep you updated with its progress. We envisage this to change any day.

Thank you for your patience.
    05-04-11 11:54 AM
    Did we ever get an answer on price?
    05-04-11 12:23 PM
    We are still waiting for aMail to go through approval process. Current status is 'waiting on testing house'. Rest assured we will keep you updated with its progress. We envisage this to change any day.

Thank you for your patience.
    Is "waiting on testing house" an update to the status or is that what you've seen the past 14 days?
    05-04-11 12:38 PM
    Is this a paid app? If so, how much are you charging for the app?

If I had to speculate... I'd guess that after bad press about no native email clients, and RIM's announcement that native email is coming soon, the last thing they want to see happen is a ton of bloggers/faux-journalists screaming "Playbook now has email clients...but you gotta pay extra for it."
    05-04-11 01:12 PM
    Testing house 13 days still. Anyone longer? - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

According to this thread, timelines for approval range from days to months...
    05-04-11 01:16 PM
    It's interesting to see how the approval process works. Let's hope there's some discretion within RIM to allow the upgrades to aMail that have been added during its gestation period within "the testing house" (get a bigger house), to pass through upon approval, rather than to subject the upgrades to a similar waiting period. That would be maddening for everyone.

Pricing will also be interesting. Aiflex must be aware of the opportunity and the interest, but they also know the Bridge works, and that there are those Native Icons for Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo Mail even AOL Mail, which also work, right there on the "All" screen. OTOH, if it works as well as in the videos, this will be an app worth paying for.
    05-04-11 03:48 PM
    4-6 range I'm buying it for sure. If it's 7 to 15 range then it's a solid maybe/probably. Over that, then I would probably balk! My feeling is that 4.99, or 5.99 would be a fair price, especially since eventually it will be free.
    05-04-11 03:53 PM
    Really starting to wonder what's taking them so long now...
    05-04-11 03:54 PM
189 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD