Hi everyone. aMail is coming soon. I have uploaded a of aMail actually running on a playbook.

AiFlex based in the UK is continuing to develop aMail with features like auto suggest for mail sending emails based on intelligent auto contact indexing. Some of the great features of aMail are support for up to 10 mail services, IMAP, POP3, account foldering and more. If you want us to email you when our apps are release and what we are developing sign up to our mailing list.

aMail thread is here
    Nikeem24, TheMarco and dadymon like this.
    04-27-11 04:15 PM
    How much will the App cost?
    Is it in the app store yet (link if so), if not, when you think it will be?
    04-27-11 04:40 PM
    How much will the App cost?
    Is it in the app store yet (link if so), if not, when you think it will be?
    I too would like to know this. As well as the vnc app they have developed. I have asked a couple of times in the various threads but no answers as of yet.
    04-27-11 04:51 PM
    Looks good. So you would run Amail for all you accounts, with the exception of your blackberry address which would still be via Bridge, at least until Native email? And please, please, please, have a good functioning "mark prior opened" and "delete prior"! The Bridge email makes you select one-by-one, which takes too long. The work around is cut the bridge, clear them out on your handheld and the rebuild the bridge, but that also is a pita.
    04-27-11 06:17 PM
    I'd pay $ 9.99 TODAY. (Frustrated with the speed of the bridge)
    I'm sure a lot of other people would too.
    04-27-11 08:07 PM
    How did you get the app to work on the playbook without it being approved by RIM in the app world? SOmeone else in another forum was trying to try their app on the playbook itself but couldnt figure that part out.......Great app, I want it.
    04-27-11 08:57 PM
    He has a developer account and is able to sign packages or install debug tokens to run unsigned ones. If you have this you can put anything on your PlayBook.
    04-27-11 10:06 PM
    looks nice! you are going to make a killing even at 2.99 i would say
    04-27-11 10:11 PM
    He has a developer account and is able to sign packages or install debug tokens to run unsigned ones. If you have this you can put anything on your PlayBook.
    That makes lots of sense......thx
    04-27-11 10:26 PM
    Looking good! I am excited. I was hoping it would show up today. Anyone know if RIM has delayed the approval of this in any way?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-11 11:49 PM
    Great work! If released soon it will be worth it!
    04-28-11 12:15 AM
    Looking good! I am excited. I was hoping it would show up today. Anyone know if RIM has delayed the approval of this in any way?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thank you for your comment. We have no reason to believe that this has been delayed in the approval process. It is still within the standard approval window.
    04-28-11 05:05 AM
    After seeing it in the video, it looks a lot better than i initially thought based on the pictures. I want it even more now! So once it gets approved, is there a timeline for when you will have an update to support attachments? Thanks, great vid!
    04-28-11 07:29 AM
    Hi everyone. aMail is coming soon. I have uploaded a of aMail actually running on a playbook.
    The link you provided doesn't work in a Playbook browser. I had to search for it on Youtube using the playbook YouTube app. I notice on another thread (aVNC ) you posted another Youtube link and that one successfully loaded and ran via the browser.

In the case of pop accounts, will the downloaded email reside on the Playbook, with access when not connected to the internet?

Robert
    04-28-11 09:06 AM
    hi,

i saw the video and its really amazing but i have one question right now because i have noticed that theres no yahoo mail icon on the screen only gmail and MSN so would just like to know if I can also access my yahoo mail account? please let me know thanks..
    04-28-11 09:50 AM
    hi,

i saw the video and its really amazing but i have one question right now because i have noticed that theres no yahoo mail icon on the screen only gmail and MSN so would just like to know if I can also access my yahoo mail account? please let me know thanks..
    Yahoo mail will work for yahoo plus mail account holders (for which a connector is coming). Yahoo connectivity for standard mail accounts is not currently available, but we are actively looking for mechanisms to make this happen and hope to have this in a future update.
    04-28-11 10:15 AM
    will aMail work with Exchange? OR atleast using the webmail URL as server ?
    04-28-11 10:29 AM
    Yahoo mail will work for yahoo plus mail account holders (for which a connector is coming). Yahoo connectivity for standard mail accounts is not currently available, but we are actively looking for mechanisms to make this happen and hope to have this in a future update.
    cant you just use the mobile imap settings to use the yahoo mail?

you can only do imap that way. pop out has to be paid for. and usually, the mobile imap setting only works on mobile networks, not through wifi....but!!!!

can you try

imap4
    nokia-prem.imap.yahoo.com
    port 143

nokia-prem.smtp.yahoo.com
    port 25

they work on outlook. and for those that are on a wifi that may have port 25 closed, try port 24. it is slower, but still works.

i have to admit, though it works, it is tempermental.
    04-28-11 11:09 AM
    cant you just use the mobile imap settings to use the yahoo mail?

you can only do imap that way. pop out has to be paid for. and usually, the mobile imap setting only works on mobile networks, not through wifi....but!!!!

can you try

imap4
    nokia-prem.imap.yahoo.com
    port 143

nokia-prem.smtp.yahoo.com
    port 25

they work on outlook. and for those that are on a wifi that may have port 25 closed, try port 24. it is slower, but still works.

i have to admit, though it works, it is tempermental.
    Thank you for this we are looking into it.
    05-01-11 06:07 PM
    Just uploaded a new demo video for aMail . You can see the support for attachments. It supports PDF, DOC, DOCX, PPT, PPTX, XLS, XLSX, PNG, JPG and more coming soon.
    05-01-11 06:08 PM
    Quick question, where did aVNC go? Wasn't it in AppWorld before?
    05-01-11 06:35 PM
    nice improvement. glad you do not have to dl and then save then open the files with the dataviz program.

glad to see it auto-function and open with its respective software.

will there be an option to change the background? that silver looks awefully applish.

maybe in the settings there can be a few different options, like solid black, that silver, etc.
    05-01-11 07:14 PM
    also, with the email, we will have the ability to manually configure the imap/pop boxes right?
    05-01-11 07:15 PM
    Quick question, where did aVNC go? Wasn't it in AppWorld before?
    aVNC and aMail are both still awaiting approval, but are expected very shortly.
    05-01-11 07:40 PM
    Hi ceroberts75, Thank you for your comments. We are currently working on loads of new features for aMail, included in this are restyling and settings configuration so that things like the background, theme colour can be changed. We do not have a confirmed date as to when this feature will be available but aim to release it shortly.

aMail supports POP3 and IMAP you can enter in your own server details and aMail will validate the connection and then setup your email account within the application. We have used GMail purely as an example of what the app is capable of and GMail and Hotmail have quick setup options that just require username and password to configure.

Thanks for having a look at our
    05-01-11 07:48 PM
189 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD