son of a gunship
    05-22-11 11:00 PM
    Seems the author and RIM have both "dropped the ball".

Neither has delivered on this product.

Were are the .bar files promised? What is the issue they are both working on?

Tim
    05-24-11 10:10 AM
    Yeah I'm beginning to believe we're just going to have to wait for RIM to release their own native email. Oh well...
    05-24-11 11:54 AM
    Seems the author and RIM have both "dropped the ball".

Neither has delivered on this product.

Were are the .bar files promised? What is the issue they are both working on?

Tim
    I think the Developers current plan is "release" the .bar version via email on what sounds like a very limited basis, and it sounds like there is some issue with the actual App World release. If you want to be positive, maybe there really is an update only a few days away and for some unfathomable reason Aiflex and RIM want to wait for it. Another of the nits about these initial builds is that the backup (when it works) seems spotty in restoring.

So RIM is late, Aiflex is late and Crackberry.com hasn't gotten its Playbook app out yet either. All of this and no word or even credible hint as to what we can expect. OK its not going to be 2 weeks on the button, set your watch by the precise upgrades. But with no spell check, auto-correct, etc., etc., it is not too much to ask that RIM give updates to customers as to what to expect. Instead, we get conflicting signals and arguments about what the signals meant, and how to interpret them. That's the problem with using smoke signals instead of a more familiar method -- for all the room and cover it provides, it doesn't convey meaningful information.
    05-24-11 12:28 PM
    I love how everyone is quick to point the finger at RIM - anyone stop and think maybe RIM found an 'issue' with the app and thats why it hasn't been approved yet??
    05-24-11 03:50 PM
    I think that if you read through the entire thread you'll find that RIM admitted that they dropped the ball. As for the developer not piping in to give us an update on the whereabouts of the .bar; I'm certain that they have a good reason. Either RIM is working with them and they are finding that the best avenue is to have one support path and one deployment avenue or they are doing a limited test run for the time being.
    05-24-11 04:04 PM
    Kinda funny this thread is 10 pages of random speculation based on nothing and a few posts from the dev with actual information...
    05-24-11 04:08 PM
    I wonder if thats why the bar file wasnt released
    05-24-11 04:11 PM
    I think that if you read through the entire thread you'll find that RIM admitted that they dropped the ball. As for the developer not piping in to give us an update on the whereabouts of the .bar; I'm certain that they have a good reason. Either RIM is working with them and they are finding that the best avenue is to have one support path and one deployment avenue or they are doing a limited test run for the time being.
    Here's the kicker though... where did RIM state it? Any and all information has come from what the developer has stated or claimed. I'm not pointing fingers or passing judgement, but it's not unheard of for some developers to pass on misinformation in lieu of being up front and honest.

The point made was that nobody here actually knows for a fact what's going on with the app and why it's yet to pass through approval process. The only people to have any correspondence with RIM on the issue is the developers themselves.
    05-24-11 04:14 PM
    Unless RIM made a public statement they didn't admit to anything.

App has 'issues' so RIM didn't approve...case closed.
    05-24-11 04:17 PM
    Unless RIM made a public statement they didn't admit to anything.

App has 'issues' so RIM didn't approve...case closed.
    Or RIM has issues....
    05-24-11 07:42 PM
    Or RIM has issues....
    They do. Anyone else notice that the daily influx of new apps is no more than 3-5 ****ty apps lately? All that while we're waiting for this email client and Early Bird, and IM+ and lord knows what else cool is stuck in the one-man-operated Test House.

Really annoying.
    05-24-11 07:45 PM
    They do. Anyone else notice that the daily influx of new apps is no more than 3-5 ****ty apps lately? All that while we're waiting for this email client and Early Bird, and IM+ and lord knows what else cool is stuck in the one-man-operated Test House.

Really annoying.
    If apps were easy to make then we'd all be doing it...

You really think RIM would release a brand new device to the world, damn near beg the app developers to make apps then turn around and fu@k with the said developers with the approvel process?? Come on...

My guess is the more complicated apps (like this one) are the ones that failing the approvel process while the '****ty' ones are getting pushed right through.
    05-24-11 07:59 PM
    There is no complicated app vetting process. MSohm has stated this on the official BlackBerry Dev forum. All the test house does is pretty much fire up the app, tap around a bit and that's just about it. They don't go in deep trying to find bugs or issues. It's understandable too because no tester can know what actually needs testing in an app and some apps are horribly complicated. For example I can't imagine them fully test my Scientific RPN Calculator. It would take many hours or even longer.

So anyway, the theory of 'more complex app = more complex approval process' is definitely not true.
    05-24-11 08:30 PM
    hate to tell you, the developer might release a .bar file, but unfortunately will never see the light of day in AW.
    05-24-11 09:44 PM
    I wish the author would post something as to what is going on.

If it's an issue with the program itself, then these things happen, but
    if it's RIM playing games he could find some much needed support in getting
    it released.

They could just say to heck with RIM and push the .bar files for a charge.

Tim
    05-24-11 09:50 PM
    I wish the author would post something as to what is going on.

If it's an issue with the program itself, then these things happen, but
    if it's RIM playing games he could find some much needed support in getting
    it released.

They could just say to heck with RIM and push the .bar files for a charge.

Tim
    Ya but then RIM could just revoke the app signing and we'd all have a none working app plus, they could then revoke all app signings if they wanted to.

I doubt it would play out like that bit, those are the real world consequences of such actions.
    trsbbs likes this.
    05-25-11 12:34 AM
    Seeing as this has lasted 12 pages and there is still no official world from the dev, I
    ve given up any hope that this will be available anytime soon.
    05-30-11 09:34 AM
    Includes a prequel version of aMail to that released to Blackberry. This provides underlying functionality of aMail. We plan to use this method to do our beta program for testing new features and hope to have a true beta release of aMail available with a wealth of new features.

DOWNLOAD aMail Installer Pack.zip

This is a zip that contains installation guide, installer program and bar. Download and read readme to get started
    mscooley likes this.
    05-30-11 01:04 PM
    Includes a prequel version of aMail to that released to Blackberry. This provides underlying functionality of aMail. We plan to use this method to do our beta program for testing new features and hope to have a true beta release of aMail available with a wealth of new features.

This is a zip that contains installation guide, installer program and bar. Download and read readme to get started
    I'll check out the zip and report back later today if all is smooth.
    05-30-11 01:08 PM

I'm getting this during install - what am I doing wrong??

05-30-11 01:30 PM
    I'm getting this during install - what am I doing wrong??

same here.
    05-30-11 01:49 PM
    You must enter your password and ip address correctly. Check the 'Run after finish' button in the install program. Uncheck the 'Uncheck all' and then run install again. Also make sure you are in developer mode on your playbook. You have to have the device on the same wifi network or plugged in to usb to be able to install the application.
    05-30-11 01:53 PM
    You must enter your password and ip address correctly. Check the 'Run after finish' button in the install program. Uncheck the 'Uncheck all' and then run install again. Also make sure you are in developer mode on your playbook. You have to have the device on the same wifi network or plugged in to usb to be able to install the application.
    followed everything perfectly but to no avail.
    05-30-11 01:54 PM
    followed everything perfectly but to no avail.
    Alternate method worked for me too. http://forums.crackberry.com/f243/si...pworld-615199/
    05-30-11 02:04 PM
217 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD