Not sure how you could stay in business for 30 years based on this comment. You have zero evidence, just wild speculation, and yet you would hire a lawyer based on nothing but assumptions. The approval process from RIM depends on many different criteria. This particular app would have the highest level of scrutiny due to what it does. It isn't a simple game, we are dealing with a high level client accessing email servers and integrating within an OS. On top of that, as was stated below, the number of submissions has gone up exponentially after WES. So, while I am unhappy it has taken this long also, I'm willing to give RIM the benefit of doubt here and not claim they are playing the delay game. Until you have some evidence to the contrary IMHO you and the others should do the same.
    Nope, not happening. Good try though..didn't catch the name of your company.

Tim
    05-21-11 11:22 PM
    Since this thread has de-railed from its original intent, and has instead devolved into a debate about RIM and their practices of approving apps in Appworld; I thought I'd just toss out this simple question...

Has it not occurred to anybody that perhaps the aMail app has not yet been approved simply because it did not meet up to the standards and pre-requisites as set by RIM?

Just curious.. because all the people screaming bloody murder over the app's lack of approval is based solely upon testimony from the app's developer. Like that's an objective viewpoint.

For all any of you know... the app simply just didn't pass muster.
    If you asked me this question directly, as a developer, I would say "no". I believe that RIM might just be overwhelmed. I see a lot of junk apps in App World that look like total trash and don't even work. Yet, they got approved. But really, nobody knows the truth except RIM employees.
    05-21-11 11:31 PM
    At this point, I'm sure RIM is approving anything and everything.. I've seen "apps" that load up and crash instantly be approved. Pretty sure aMail could never even load and still make its way through.. something else is going on here and I'm guessing RIM is putting mail apps on the back burner until they get native email out the door. Although personally, I really don't care -- bridge works fine for me.
    trsbbs likes this.
    05-22-11 02:24 AM
    At this point, I'm sure RIM is approving anything and everything.. I've seen "apps" that load up and crash instantly be approved. Pretty sure aMail could never even load and still make its way through.. something else is going on here and I'm guessing RIM is putting mail apps on the back burner until they get native email out the door. Although personally, I really don't care -- bridge works fine for me.
    shop.crackberry.com should start selling branded tinfoil hats, the demand for them would seem to be fairly high on here.
    05-22-11 04:09 AM
    shop.crackberry.com should start selling branded tinfoil hats, the demand for them would seem to be fairly high on here.
    When somebody here makes with the tinfoil hat comment, I just have to ask them "How does the koolaid taste?"
    05-22-11 06:05 AM
    If you asked me this question directly, as a developer, I would say "no". I believe that RIM might just be overwhelmed. I see a lot of junk apps in App World that look like total trash and don't even work. Yet, they got approved. But really, nobody knows the truth except RIM employees.
    It seems to me that RIM is overwhelmed quite easily. In almost all aspects of its business model.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck what do you suppose it might be? Did you spend yesterday in California waiting for the Rapture?
    Last edited by dkingsf; 05-22-11 at 06:15 AM.
    05-22-11 06:07 AM
    When somebody here makes with the tinfoil hat comment, I just have to ask them "How does the koolaid taste?"
    It requires people to be drinking the koolaid to not consider that the simplest solution might apply in these cases which is that more complex apps take more time to approve especially when they have security implications?
    05-22-11 06:23 AM
    RIM overwhelmed?

I'm pretty sure that's more because devs aren't submitting them (vs. RIM holding them up). I don't think the App World teams are too backlogged at the moment in approving apps.

Kevin Michaluk
    Founder, CrackBerry.com

----------------------------------------------------

I don't think they are overwhelmed either.

Tim
    05-22-11 08:18 AM
    With the back burner turned off.

Now RIM will mess with the Dev and pick the program apart for a little while
    longer as to further delay the program from being released.

For the folks that do not think this sort of thing doesn't happen you need
    to get out of Walmart and out of the cubie.

It happens all the time. Microsoft does it, Apple does it, Google does it, Facebook does it.

But then folks only see what they want to see...

The only way RIM will release this now is if they see enough folks catching on to it and the Devs say enough is enough.

Or it hits the front page of some news media outlet or large, well know BB supporter website. Hint Hint.

Tim
    mcetlinski and howarmat like this.
    05-22-11 08:37 AM
    [QUOTE=trsbbs;6350079]

The only way RIM will release this now is if they see enough folks catching on to it and the Devs say enough is enough.

Or it hits the front page of some news media outlet or large, well know BB supporter website. Hint Hint.

Tim[/QUOTE]

That is actually a fairly reasonable statement. I am sure that if they faced negative publicity they would work to ressolve it quickly. Just because it appears that we are slamming them heavily about this app on here does not mean that there is any such perception outside of this site.
    bbaleno likes this.
    05-22-11 09:22 AM
    Speaking of outside perception, remember that seemingly whiny rant posted by Jamie Murai in his blog? He said a lot of the same things that more serious developers have been complaining about all along on the BlackBerry developer forums and elsewhere. The difference? He wrote a big blog post that got noticed by Slashdot and other more visible sites. As such, it got a direct and public response from Tyler Lessard, and the issues were immediately acted upon.
    05-22-11 09:34 AM
    Sooooo, about that .bar file . Lol, any updates on if/when that will be avail? Today is Sunday

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-11 11:26 AM
    Heck yeah! Also it's a good chance for some more people to try out my method of loading bars without the SDK. I think it's worked well for people as there haven't been any questions from anyone, but I'm SURE an aMail bar file would have LOTS more people testing it.

Talking about this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f243/si...pworld-615199/

Let us know when you've got something cooked up for us to try!
    05-22-11 12:06 PM
    come on, please let us have the .bar. i got the shakes.
    05-22-11 01:49 PM
    RIM overwhelmed?

I don't think the App World teams are too backlogged at the moment in approving apps.[/B]
    lol...for only releasing about 5-15 or so apps a day, if they were overwhelmed...maybe the should really try some other job.

lol
    05-22-11 04:59 PM
    lol...for only releasing about 5-15 or so apps a day, if they were overwhelmed...maybe the should really try some other job.

lol
    If you think you can do better maybe you should send them your r�sum�

RIM Careers - Jobs at Research In Motion Careers
    05-22-11 05:01 PM
    i am pretty sure that the fat guy that dresses up like a manwh$#e on the strip in vegas can out work that pace....lol.

based off your last post, you will most likely have some reply remark, but this is a joke. nothing more.

either there are not that many apps coming through, they have the same approvers doing multiple jobs, or it must be really dificult to pass them...other posts describe very little quality assurance in allowing into appworld.

so, now that this commercial break has passed, and i hope that all could get a kick out of the picture, back to subject.

05-22-11 05:16 PM
    Still not approved from RIM? Something seems odd here...
    05-22-11 05:18 PM
    i am pretty sure that the fat guy that dresses up like a manwh$#e on the strip in vegas can out work that pace....lol.

based off your last post, you will most likely have some reply remark, but this is a joke. nothing more.

either there are not that many apps coming through, they have the same approvers doing multiple jobs, or it must be really dificult to pass them...other posts describe very little quality assurance in allowing into appworld.

so, now that this commercial break has passed, and i hope that all could get a kick out of the picture, back to subject.

And my remark was meant as a joke also

..but regardless I'm sure RIM has some 'reason' for not approving as of yet.

**That photo is classic
    05-22-11 05:36 PM
    Still not approved from RIM? Something seems odd here...
    Ya think? This thread started on 4-21, it's now 5-21 and now you think something is odd? What is odd is that RIM has not released their (weak) effort for a delayed email client nor have they approved one that has been read for over a month.
    Last edited by dkingsf; 05-22-11 at 07:36 PM.
    05-22-11 07:33 PM
    Since this thread has de-railed from its original intent, and has instead devolved into a debate about RIM and their practices of approving apps in Appworld; I thought I'd just toss out this simple question...

Has it not occurred to anybody that perhaps the aMail app has not yet been approved simply because it did not meet up to the standards and pre-requisites as set by RIM?

Just curious.. because all the people screaming bloody murder over the app's lack of approval is based solely upon testimony from the app's developer. Like that's an objective viewpoint.

For all any of you know... the app simply just didn't pass muster.
    You're wrong. If that was the case, the dev would have known by now. As per his comments, he was finally called by RIM who said "we dropped the ball on this one". Well duh.

RIMs silence is deafening. And aFlexs' VNC app, also requiring substantial security features was approved even though it was submitted AFTER the email app.
    mcetlinski likes this.
    05-22-11 07:40 PM
    today is sunday, where is the .bar file mr. dev? and if anyone believes this delay by rim is anything other than incompetence or intentional is naive.
    05-22-11 07:47 PM
    RIMs silence is deafening. And aFlexs' VNC app, also requiring substantial security features was approved even though it was submitted AFTER the email app.
    RIM is apparently in contact with aiFlex, that doesnt sound like silence to me.
    also aiFlex confirmed in a previous post aVnc was submitted before aMail (i believe by only a few days).

im not saying you dont have an arguement, im just saying how it actually is
    05-22-11 07:57 PM

Take a deep breath and gather yourself.
    05-22-11 08:05 PM
    And aFlexs' VNC app, also requiring substantial security features was approved even though it was submitted AFTER the email app.
    How did you come to this conclusion? What app permissions were requested when you installed aVNC? They are not even close in the realm of security. aVNC doesn't even ask for permissions on the PB because its not accessing files on the PB, the security risks are on the PC where VNC is running. aMail is going to ask for a few permissions, I can almost guarantee it. Apples and oranges, logic vs. emotion...
    05-22-11 08:57 PM
217 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD