yes, i will gladly donate for a pre-release .bar!
    05-17-11 12:19 PM
    Yes. I cannot eait for thr .bar file either!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-11 02:24 PM
    Just give me email on the Awesome Web browser already..
    05-18-11 02:04 PM
    Hey you know what makes the internet so awesome ? It's OPEN. And what RIM is doing wrt to email and native apps is ridiculous IMO. Revolution is going on all over the planet but not when it comes to RIM and their attempt to control what WE as consumers want and their continuing efforts to Take Over / Control The APP WORLD (all apologies to The Brain). So sure a paid for .bar file. A way around the 'system'. Time for the BlackBerry Nation to revolt. Because what RIM is doing thusfar to AIFLEX (and others ?) is revolting.
    05-18-11 02:36 PM
    Yet you'll find plenty of Apple fans who defend this practice. Personally, I'm siding with you against it, especially since the phones are already far more open in regards to app distribution.
    05-18-11 05:14 PM
    aFlex have received any new status from RIM on the aMail application? It's getting ridiculous and you are losing $$ everyday they delay. When they release native email, you will have lost $$$$$$$$$$$.

However much that is.....but with just the stated interest on this forum, I believe it's going to be significant.
    05-19-11 10:10 AM
    I think they should move forward with a non-app world method of sale and distribution as outlined earlier.

Seems to me that PB Appworld would be in breach of agreement for not
    making the Devs product available within a reasonable amount of time.
    Perhaps conflict of interest as well.

Tim
    05-19-11 11:51 AM
    yes, i will gladly donate for a pre-release .bar!
    aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhmeeeeeeeeen!
    05-19-11 12:42 PM
    aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhmeeeeeeeeen!
    Ditto..

I have a PayPal account that I can send the funds to the creators.

Tim
    05-19-11 12:55 PM
    We received a call from blackberry stating that they 'dropped the ball' with aMail approval and will be talking to them again tomorrow to sort out what has and is happening. We will be getting an aMail .bar out by Sunday 20th May (this weekend). I apologise for the delay in this.
    mscooley likes this.
    05-19-11 06:47 PM
    Welcome to the "RIM dropped the ball" club. Has happened to me on several occasions. "It was mis-queued". I wanted to chime in here about it but thought maybe yours actually was intentionally being held up. Oh well, can't wait to see this app.

05-19-11 06:51 PM
    In the "dropped the ball" scenarios, how long does it usually take on average once RIM admits to it?
    05-19-11 07:12 PM
    In the "dropped the ball" scenarios, how long does it usually take on average once RIM admits to it?
    Hard to say. I don't know that they ever have before...and they won't publicly now.
    05-19-11 07:54 PM
    I wonder if someone called or let RIM in on the angst amoung the ranks displayed here and elsewhere..Seems odd they would call him today.

Hmmm..

Tim
    05-19-11 10:33 PM
    I wonder if someone called or let RIM in on the angst amoung the ranks displayed here and elsewhere..Seems odd they would call him today.

Hmmm..

Tim
    I hope that's true. One of the reason I've started and been involved in threads like this one. To make sure they understood the unfairness and/or inefficiencies of their AppWorld process.
    05-20-11 08:01 AM
    Can't WAIT to get my hand on this tasty app and to do a PK review!
    05-20-11 08:03 AM
    Can't WAIT to get my hand on this tasty app and to do a PK review!
    Going to get it ASAP, but will be interested in thoughts from others on it. I know aFlex will be too, and he is super receptive and responsive to any noted issues/concerns.
    05-20-11 09:02 AM
    Hope RIM will get their act toghheter, I am waiting for that app BAD!!!
    05-20-11 09:34 AM
    We received a call from blackberry stating that they 'dropped the ball' with aMail approval and will be talking to them again tomorrow to sort out what has and is happening. We will be getting an aMail .bar out by Sunday 20th May (this weekend). I apologise for the delay in this.
    Cool. Thanks. Now that I have a personal PB, I'd love to test this out for you. Let me know.
    05-20-11 10:56 AM
    What did you find out?
    05-20-11 05:40 PM
    Sometimes its best to accept an apology and to forgo further argument. So let's hope it goes well and quickly from here on in.

What exactly is a .bar?
    05-21-11 01:09 AM
    Not sure how you could stay in business for 30 years based on this comment. You have zero evidence, just wild speculation, and yet you would hire a lawyer based on nothing but assumptions. The approval process from RIM depends on many different criteria. This particular app would have the highest level of scrutiny due to what it does. It isn't a simple game, we are dealing with a high level client accessing email servers and integrating within an OS. On top of that, as was stated below, the number of submissions has gone up exponentially after WES. So, while I am unhappy it has taken this long also, I'm willing to give RIM the benefit of doubt here and not claim they are playing the delay game. Until you have some evidence to the contrary IMHO you and the others should do the same.

This is America and you have the write to say what you wish just
    as I do.

If I was a Dev and I suspected RIM was not playing fair, as a business person
    I would have someone look into the legalities of their actions and
    what my rights might be. You can bet RIM does.

Again, I would, doesn't mean you should or world. But to call my
    comment "absurd" is absurd.

I been in business for over 30 years and have learned what I should and shouldn't do.

Sorry, I smell a rat at Appworld and most of the time I find the rat when I smell
    one.

Each time you come up with a different reason for apps not coming down the pipe which shows you are not sure yourself.

Tim
    05-21-11 06:18 PM
    Sometimes its best to accept an apology and to forgo further argument. So let's hope it goes well and quickly from here on in.

What exactly is a .bar?
    The .bar extension is a filetype that can be loaded onto the playbook using the Tablet OS SDK Developer's tool

05-21-11 06:21 PM
    Since this thread has de-railed from its original intent, and has instead devolved into a debate about RIM and their practices of approving apps in Appworld; I thought I'd just toss out this simple question...

Has it not occurred to anybody that perhaps the aMail app has not yet been approved simply because it did not meet up to the standards and pre-requisites as set by RIM?

Just curious.. because all the people screaming bloody murder over the app's lack of approval is based solely upon testimony from the app's developer. Like that's an objective viewpoint.

For all any of you know... the app simply just didn't pass muster.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 05-21-11 at 09:12 PM.
    05-21-11 09:09 PM
    If the app didn't pass muster, then it would be rejected with issues to be fixed prior to approval. The developer claimed that RIM was just taking their sweet time to get back to them. Of course the developer also said that they were "working with RIM" to get it through the process. As such, depending on who you trust, either case is certainly possible.
    05-21-11 10:12 PM
217 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD