I agree with most of the comments above. I am anxiously awaiting this client. I received my PB yesterday, and while it is a nice interface and hardware (that seems to work well) you can't do anything with it!

I can see rushing to market to compete with the iPad and others, but the lack of very basic functionality will kill it before it gets started. For God's sake, no email(?!?!), or some lame bookmarks to web mail. What about my personal server / email...??? I don't use Hotmail or AOL, so what a waste.

I admit, I have been an iPhone user since the beginning. I bought an unlocked Storm, and sincerely tried to give it a fair shake (putting aside the unlocked iPhone for two months - I'm not on AT&T). But, I don't use my Storm anymore, so the PB is practically useless IMHO. Even with Bridge, the PIM info "goes away" so really cumbersome solution at best.

And they complain you can't do anything with an iPad... :P

*Really* looking forward to aMail. Thanks!
    05-01-11 12:14 PM
    Just uploaded a ). Please keep your feedback coming.
    05-01-11 06:05 PM
    It's starting to take rather long for RIM to approve this work of art. AWESOME job guys! I can't wait to try it.
    05-01-11 11:32 PM
    Still no word on pricing?
    05-01-11 11:59 PM
    AiFlex...if one were to be mistyping a url on your website give us a hint to how we might trip over your app...uhhh unofficially and all...
    05-03-11 06:44 AM
    Hi,

Great to know about aMail Flex email client. just waiting for it to come out.

I have one question though. GMAIL / Hotmail /AOL emails can be accessed as a POP mail.
    but Yahoo mail will not work as POP email, unless users upgrade their yahoo email service.
    Is there a way around this and yahoo can be used as a pop email as well?
    05-07-11 10:00 PM
    We are working on this and may have a solution to access yahoo. But want to test thoroughly before releasing it within the application to blackberry. We have had updates to the text of aMail approved just not the application. aMail has been in the approval queue for 18 days or so now
    Last edited by AiFlex; 05-08-11 at 07:09 AM.
    05-07-11 10:18 PM
    We are working on this and may have a solution to access yahoo. But want to test thoroughly before releasing it within the application. We have had updates to the text of aMail approved just not the application. 18 days or so now
    Why so long? Was there a problem?

Tim
    05-07-11 10:57 PM
    Why so long? Was there a problem?

Tim
    My apologies for not making it clear Tim. For yahoo aMail can make a connection, but the service seems to be somewhat sporadic as we are connecting so that any yahoo user could use it. The yahoo connector is being held until we have worked through these points and improved the service provided.

The 18 days or so reference is referring to the duration aMail has been waiting in the queue for approval. We would have thought that this app would have been approved by now and we are trying to find the reason behind the delay by talking with blackberry. We have not had aMail denied and received no communication from blackberry as to the delay reason. I appreciate your patience.
    05-08-11 07:08 AM
    My apologies for not making it clear Tim. For yahoo aMail can make a connection, but the service seems to be somewhat sporadic as we are connecting so that any yahoo user could use it. The yahoo connector is being held until we have worked through these points and improved the service provided.

The 18 days or so reference is referring to the duration aMail has been waiting in the queue for approval. We would have thought that this app would have been approved by now and we are trying to find the reason behind the delay by talking with blackberry. We have not had aMail denied and received no communication from blackberry as to the delay reason. I appreciate your patience.
    No problem..Bug the heck out of them...

Tim
    05-08-11 08:45 AM
    Total speculation but, RIM, most likely doesn't want any other mail app to outshine their native email app before it's release.

I wonder if aiVNC was submitted before aiMail, I think it was and it's already been released.
    05-08-11 09:04 AM
    Maybe a call from a BB friendly lawyer would move them to play fair with the playbook
    apps.

Tim
    05-08-11 09:42 AM
    Maybe a call from a BB friendly lawyer would move them to play fair with the playbook
    apps.

Tim
    i think your just being absurd now, it doesnt take a genius to see how busy they must be, since WES appworld has DOUBLED in size, thats a heck of an influx of apps, which would naturally be time consuming and i guess add to the que time.
    05-08-11 10:45 AM
    Where can I download the program? No program in the app world.
    05-14-11 11:48 AM
    No program in the app world.
    Way to read before posting.
    05-14-11 11:51 AM
    Would be great if some of us could give a "donation" to you and then load the bar file on our PBs... Only thing that would stink is we would have to re-purchase in AppWorld to receive updates...

Maybe you could whip up a quick version that dies in a month or two that could be provided free? That would let some people here give feedback and bug reporting so you're a little ahead of the game by the time it is approved.

Just an idea...
    05-14-11 12:57 PM
    I'd happily pay 10 bucks for a prerelease .bar.
    05-14-11 01:10 PM
    Would be great if some of us could give a "donation" to you and then load the bar file on our PBs... Only thing that would stink is we would have to re-purchase in AppWorld to receive updates...

Maybe you could whip up a quick version that dies in a month or two that could be provided free? That would let some people here give feedback and bug reporting so you're a little ahead of the game by the time it is approved.

Just an idea...
    We are working on this and hope to have tied down a prerelease shortly. I will keep you posted.
    05-14-11 06:58 PM
    i think your just being absurd now, it doesnt take a genius to see how busy they must be, since WES appworld has DOUBLED in size, thats a heck of an influx of apps, which would naturally be time consuming and i guess add to the que time.
    This is America and you have the write to say what you wish just
    as I do.

If I was a Dev and I suspected RIM was not playing fair, as a business person
    I would have someone look into the legalities of their actions and
    what my rights might be. You can bet RIM does.

Again, I would, doesn't mean you should or world. But to call my
    comment "absurd" is absurd.

I been in business for over 30 years and have learned what I should and shouldn't do.

Sorry, I smell a rat at Appworld and most of the time I find the rat when I smell
    one.

Each time you come up with a different reason for apps not coming down the pipe which shows you are not sure yourself.

Tim
    05-14-11 07:06 PM
    We are working on this and hope to have tied down a prerelease shortly. I will keep you posted.
    Great! I am a bridge user and would like to have an app to tie into my IMAP servers out there. I use logicmail on my BB religiously.

If I can help test and troubleshoot I would be happy to help! I also posted a thread here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f243/si...pworld-615199/
    This should hopefully help developers get test versions or early previews out to users.
    05-14-11 07:14 PM

whoa, did not see this coming. looking forward to it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-11 10:05 PM
    Great! I am a bridge user and would like to have an app to tie into my IMAP servers out there. I use logicmail on my BB religiously.
    And as the developer of LogicMail, I'm following this thread (and related threads) very closely. Let's just say I'm glad that App World isn't the only option for the BlackBerry phones, and I'm terrified about the PlayBook setting a distribution-channel precedent for the future.
    05-14-11 10:19 PM
    And as the developer of LogicMail, I'm following this thread (and related threads) very closely. Let's just say I'm glad that App World isn't the only option for the BlackBerry phones, and I'm terrified about the PlayBook setting a distribution-channel precedent for the future.
    Great to see you here! Been using LogicMail for quite a few many years, it's great when I need to check accounts that I don't have hooked to BIS. Very impressed with the UI change since 2.0 as well.

Hopefully some type of easy workaround can be developed to deploy apps from the web, and the thread I started is kind of a first step towards it to see how developers and the community do with it.
    05-14-11 10:30 PM
    Still no word on aMail. This thread needs to stay on page one, so bumping.
    05-17-11 08:03 AM
    What is this?
    05-17-11 08:07 AM
217 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD