aMail is still within the current standard approval window. We are expecting it to be approved shortly. Thank you.
    mscooley and trsbbs like this.
    04-28-11 05:17 AM
    hi,

i saw the video and its really amazing but i have one question right now because i have noticed that theres no yahoo mail icon on the screen only gmail and MSN so would just like to know if I can also access my yahoo mail account? please let me know thanks..
    04-28-11 10:07 AM
    I was about to ask you about Attachments but I saw you said on your website that feature is coming. How about Notifications?, are you working on some kind of notification for us to know we got a new email?.
    04-28-11 10:47 AM
    Will there be a notification when a new email comes as in "Push Mail" or we have to set it to fetch every 15 min, 30 min etc causing some battery drain?
    04-28-11 10:52 AM
    aMail just got featured in an article here.

Email App Almost Ready For Blackberry Playbook

The PlayBook Could Be Getting An Email App, But It's Not Coming From RIM
    Ellis Hamburger | Apr. 28, 2011, 10:57 AM | 283 | comment

Blackberry Playbook users may soon have their prayers answered by aMail, a third party email app that will soon be available through the Blackberry App World.

The app supports IMAP, POP, and up to 10 accounts simultaneously.

Most importantly, the app enables users to send and receive emails from their Playbooks without tethering a Blackberry handheld to it.

RIM co-CEO Jim Balsillie says an official native email app is coming soon, but this news could not dissuade the dozens of negative reviews for the tablet.

Check out a video of aMail in action below:

Read more: Email App Almost Ready For Blackberry Playbook
    04-28-11 11:44 AM
    nice!

hope they release it today!
    04-28-11 11:54 AM
    this is killing me! u can see new apps almost evey few hours in the appworld....wish theyd hurry up on this one.
    04-29-11 12:48 PM
    this is killing me! u can see new apps almost evey few hours in the appworld....wish theyd hurry up on this one.
    and most, not all, but most we all ready have 1 2 10 of or are crappy little games.

Where's the good stuff?!??!

Tim
    04-29-11 01:09 PM
    Ive cleaned up the thread, lets keep it on topic please...
    04-29-11 07:42 PM
    There's only 5 things I need on my playbook, and this is one of them. *froths at the mouth*
    04-29-11 08:00 PM
    I will buy this as soon as it comes out.
    04-29-11 08:39 PM
    Will there be a notification when a new email comes as in "Push Mail" or we have to set it to fetch every 15 min, 30 min etc causing some battery drain?
    i would def be interested in notifications as well as led use?
    04-29-11 08:42 PM
    We are still waiting for aMail to be approved and should be available soon. We have just submitted the next update of aMail to blackberry to join the queue, which supports attachments.

Attachments supported: doc, docx, ppt, pptx, mp3, png, jpg, xls, xlsx and pdf (more to follow)

From our experience this version may be accepted at the same time as the current version in the approval queue. I will make sure we get some screen shots and maybe a video of it in action soon. Although hopefully it will be approved before we get round to it.

Thank you for your patience. AiFlex is still developing more features to integrate into aMail and want to deliver them as quickly as possible. Currently working on an integrated home page to see all of your mailboxes in one place.

I will keep you posted on our progress
    04-30-11 12:28 PM
    We are still waiting for aMail to be approved and should be available soon. We have just submitted the next update of aMail to blackberry to join the queue, which supports attachments.

Attachments supported: doc, docx, ppt, pptx, mp3, png, jpg, xls, xlsx and pdf (more to follow)

From our experience this version may be accepted at the same time as the current version in the approval queue. I will make sure we get some screen shots and maybe a video of it in action soon. Although hopefully it will be approved before we get round to it.

Thank you for your patience. AiFlex is still developing more features to integrate into aMail and want to deliver them as quickly as possible. Currently working on an integrated home page to see all of your mailboxes in one place.

I will keep you posted on our progress
    Excellent! I am excited Your email client looks awesome

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-11 12:33 PM
    you mentioned this is still within RIMs "approval window"- out of curiosity, when does this window expire? this wait is absurd..
    04-30-11 01:34 PM
    Do we know if this is going to be a paid app?
    04-30-11 02:03 PM
    I'll pay you now if you need beta testers ;D
    04-30-11 02:19 PM
    We are still waiting for aMail to be approved and should be available soon.
    Can we ask, as a matter of reference for the community, when you originally put aMail in for approval?

It will give us a reference as to how long RIM takes for approvals.

Thanks!
    04-30-11 03:18 PM
    I met a lady at best buy today who wanted to purchase the pb. She wanted to know if the pb had an app that would sync with office 2010 for email. The employees just said the pb doesn't do any emails yet.

I let her know she should get the pb from the real canadian superstore since they are having a tax free event this weekend. I also told her about this app. I said I believed it would meet her needs and sync. She said the only device that could sync at her work was her palm.

I know the information I provided is vague, but do you feel this app could sync?

04-30-11 04:23 PM
    So I notice we got a new dump of apps in AppWorld today, but still not aMail... I publish themes in appworld and it rarely takes a full week for things to get approved unless RIM emails me and tells me to change something. Once modifications are made, usually just wording, the app is approved that same day. So, this seems a bit fishy. I know RIM is capable of approving more than 10-25 apps a day. Smells fishy to me, is this really normal?

trsbbs likes this.
    04-30-11 10:52 PM
    Personally, this delay makes me wonder if RIM is holding aMail back until native mail is released. If so, thats kind of a dirty trick.

Lets hope I'm wrong and it's just growing pains...
    04-30-11 11:54 PM
    Personally, this delay makes me wonder if RIM is holding aMail back until native mail is released. If so, thats kind of a dirty trick.

Lets hope I'm wrong and it's just growing pains...
    i think that's exactly what they're doing. funny, so far no mail, calendar, contacts, twitter, IM - all apps we expect from RIM soon. A bit too much of a coincidence.
    05-01-11 12:00 AM
    dont know why they would stop a good meaning company from making money to offset thier investment.

it is not like rim is going to charge for this update....or would they? *roll*

must....have.....em...ail....

coming from a n900, i am not used to being so locked out of the system and not being able to install anything or change any of the system properties...mainly the fonts...cant wait til this is cracked!
    05-01-11 12:21 AM
    coming from a n900, i am not used to being so locked out of the system and not being able to install anything or change any of the system properties...mainly the fonts...cant wait til this is cracked!
    Unlike most other mobile device companies, RIM prides itself (and rightly so) on security. There won't be any cracking going on.

That said, they do expose most GUI functionality on their phones for developers and theme makers to access, so I think it's safe to assume that they will do so eventually for PlayBook. I think they want to get the core functionality and issues hammered out first.
    05-01-11 07:05 AM
    So I notice we got a new dump of apps in AppWorld today, but still not aMail... I publish themes in appworld and it rarely takes a full week for things to get approved unless RIM emails me and tells me to change something. Once modifications are made, usually just wording, the app is approved that same day. So, this seems a bit fishy. I know RIM is capable of approving more than 10-25 apps a day. Smells fishy to me, is this really normal?

10-25 apps a day! RIM should make app approvals a priority. It's the major ding on PB besides the no PIM for non bb users. Get all those folks working 24 X 7. If aMail works well RIM should just buy it and ship it as a non BIS/BES mail client and shut down one of the main flaws of PB for non bb users. Even if they get the native pim up in a few months give these guys a few million $'s and get rid of the negative reviews.
    05-01-11 11:37 AM
217 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD