I think what makes more sense than offering free (as much as that would be nice), is to offer a 7-14 day free trial, and then charge a nominal fee of anywhere from $.99 to $2.99.
    04-25-11 09:41 AM
    OT But what about a remote desktop app.. NOT vnc.. But one that allows you to connect to Standard or ssl RDP sessions.. This would rock in my network situation.
    asherwiin likes this.
    04-25-11 09:59 AM
    I guess this app has a bright future EVEN for people with Bridge. I have it now but I would still buy this app because with the Bridge you get a pretty limited email experience. For one I can't access messages sent to me BEFORE I set up Bridge. REALLY disappointing. It also truncates mail and doesn't handle all types of attachments nor does it handle IMAP folders. i had no idea the mighty BlackBerry email experience was this poor.

I can't wait for this to get through the Test House!!!
    04-25-11 10:28 AM
    I would pay if activesync other wise i will wait for Rim! i am sure everyone is still using phones for email!
    04-25-11 10:29 AM
    I can't wait for this. I don't have a BB so its hard to really use or justify the PB as a business device (yes i can access it in the web but its not the same and can be a pain). I think the PB has potential if they get things moving. Most of the new apps I'm seeing don't look very useful (to me). If RIM doesn't address some of the concerns/issues "amateur hour" may not be over..
    04-25-11 10:45 AM
    Is there a way to see several email clients in one tab instead of switching between hotmail and gmail? That would def be good and hopefully you can take advantage of the notification bar and push notifications. But looks good so far nice design.
    04-25-11 02:55 PM
    Is there a way to see several email clients in one tab instead of switching between hotmail and gmail? That would def be good and hopefully you can take advantage of the notification bar and push notifications. But looks good so far nice design.
    Thanks to everyone for the comments and suggestions. A load more features are going into aMail very rapidly. Erandhawa, this idea is on the todo list for the project so will keep you posted.
    04-25-11 05:46 PM
    I think you've just had some very good news today AiFlex from Ryan Biden. In his interview with Engadget he seemed to link a native email app to future iterations of the Playbook. This means that either (a) native email won't be here any time soon or (b) The wifi only model might be Bridge only.

In either case it seems to be happy days for AiFlex! I'm looking forward to your app, with a decent start and good support this could be THE email interface on the Playbook. I hope you do well out of it mate
    04-25-11 06:05 PM
    If it could support Gmail via Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync that would be great...
    04-25-11 07:53 PM
    if RIM ever approves it...
    04-25-11 10:11 PM
    They're sure taking their time with this one...
    04-25-11 10:21 PM
    Thanks to everyone for the comments and suggestions. A load more features are going into aMail very rapidly. Erandhawa, this idea is on the todo list for the project so will keep you posted.
    Will aMail include the option to leave messages on the server for POP3 email? That would be very handy for me. I download emails on my laptop, but would like to be able to check and respond on my PB. That's the way I work with emails on my BB.

Thanks.
    04-26-11 08:20 AM
    Will aMail include the option to leave messages on the server for POP3 email? That would be very handy for me. I download emails on my laptop, but would like to be able to check and respond on my PB. That's the way I work with emails on my BB.

Thanks.
    aMail leaves messages on the server for POP3 server accessing them without deleting them by default. Specifically so that you can access them from a webmail interface, another mobile client or a desktop application like outlook or thunderbird.
    lcooksey likes this.
    04-26-11 11:27 AM
    Man the wait for this app is killing me! well both your apps.... i heard you mention in another thread about making an ssh app.... any word how far off that is?
    04-26-11 11:58 AM
    I wish BB would get with the program and gets these on PB App world.

I need the VNC soonest!

Tim
    04-26-11 01:58 PM
    will the amail program also include a contacts portion?

will it have the ability to sync with a current outlook?
    04-26-11 02:11 PM
    i think i read somewhere on internet that Blackberry took approx. 16 months to finally approve Skype on their App Store !!!

If this is true, i can only pray they don't do that again !!!
    04-26-11 03:47 PM
    will the amail program also include a contacts portion?

will it have the ability to sync with a current outlook?
    aMail does a contact system that it uses for auto suggest features when creating emails, which is very fast and uses secure encrypted storage of contact details. This is auto populated from received and sent emails, currently no manual contact entry is supported, but this will be opened up soon. Outlook, other desktop client and other sources for contact syncing are coming.
    ceroberts75 likes this.
    04-26-11 07:11 PM
    It would be nice if you could use the contacts data from your phone.

Unfortunately from what I read in BlackBerrys developers area, they have no plans to allow developers to access the PIM data (i.e. contacts, tasks, etc.) on the bridge.

Kinda makes the super-app concept difficult to impossible on the PlayBook.
    04-27-11 08:45 AM
    AiFlex- has RIM given you any indication on what the holdup is for approving your apps?
    04-27-11 09:22 AM
    It would be nice to get even an eta on this release. I do alright with the Bridge email, but this looks much better. You would hope that RIM would fast-track a gap-filling app for the big, gaping hole on the PB where native mail should be. Giving Aiflex the benefit of the doubt (having never before used one of their products), lets hope this lights a fire under RIM. What about txts?
    04-27-11 12:57 PM
    It would be nice to get even an eta on this release.
    RIM does not give developers an ETA. Its usually 1 to 2 weeks, but it can be more.
    04-27-11 12:58 PM
    actuvesync is a must have
    ANY KIND OF EMAIL CLIENT IS A MUST HAVE!! lol
    04-27-11 03:50 PM
    app looks nice.

with that being said, could someone explain to me why I would spend any money on this app when i have access through bb bridge as well as access by going to the e-mail full website.

I'm i the only one that doesnt care about native e-mail?
    04-27-11 04:08 PM
    app looks nice.

with that being said, could someone explain to me why I would spend any money on this app when i have access through bb bridge as well as access by going to the e-mail full website.

I'm i the only one that doesnt care about native e-mail?
    You are probably not the target for this app.

I am on the other hand.

I don't own a BB Phone, and having to go to gmail.com, my Work Exchange OWA website, and my two other email addresses in separate tabs every time to check for new email is unacceptable- especially when the native browser (currently) does not save username/passwords...
    04-27-11 04:14 PM
217 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD