aMail by AiFlex for the BlackBerry� Playbook™ provides native email for multiple accounts in one easy to use App. This App supports IMAP, SMTP and POP3 accounts with secure logon and password details over a secure connection. With easy to setup GMail, Yahoo, Hotmail and Live e-mail preset configurations, which only require username and passwords to setup. It can easily be setup on other providers such as AOL etc. It is like having Outlook or Thunderbird on your Playbook™.
    submitted and awaiting approval

Whenever you need to check your email accounts and send a quick email message, aMail makes it all possible.

aMail provides an easy to use interface to manage your mail accounts. Set up an account in seconds with automatic configuration. This native app has advanced features to make best use of the interface to save you time. aMail uses TLS / SSL full authentication.
    Features:

-High Performance Native Application

Uses the best features available to sync with mail servers
    High performance and rapid message download from accounts

-Secure Access and local file security

Supports common standards of mail system POP3 and IMAP4
    Access multiple mailboxes securely (uses SSL / TLS)
    User account details are always secure
    Local mail files are encrypted

-Easy Message Viewing
    Swipe down for email accounts overview. Use your on device soft keyboard, swiping up from the lower bezel edge for text input. Animated message transitions.

-Convenience and Ease of Use
    Manages up to 10 email accounts separately from within a single App
    Work offline when not connected and synchronize later
    Direct type input
    Smoother interface than using Webmail in local browser

Video:

Coming soon attachments, multitouch gestures.

Application created by AiFlex Limited
    Last edited by AiFlex; 04-27-11 at 03:53 PM.
    04-21-11 08:54 AM
    Any possibility for ActiveSync? Suppose that might be difficult....
    04-21-11 09:52 AM
    Looks pretty good, what's this bad boy gonna cost us?
    04-21-11 09:55 AM
    do the general public a favor. Offer it for free, please
    04-21-11 10:07 AM
    I'm looking forward to testing this once it's approved - I wonder how long it takes for them to approve an app?
    04-21-11 10:11 AM
    actuvesync is a must have
    04-21-11 10:13 AM
    Any possibility for ActiveSync? Suppose that might be difficult....
    Currently looking into this. The aim is supporting any type of mail account and have fast switching between them. Any other features anyone would like in the app please post it and it will be considered. Thanks!
    04-21-11 10:16 AM
    what is the timeline fort his App? During the time that RIM is approving the app, can you post the link for download somewhere for crackberry users?

Thanks,
    Eyhab
    04-21-11 10:27 AM
    do the general public a favor. Offer it for free, please
    Or at least ad-supported ... wasn't RIM supposed to make it easier for developers to incorporate this into their apps?

Being first out of the gate, you could get you a ton of users downloading a free, ad-supported app.

Merely a suggestion ... I'm fully in support of seeing what price the free-market will bear.
    04-21-11 10:33 AM
    If you make it paid, I doubt most users would buy it instead of using Bridge Mail or waiting for RIM's mail, so you should either make it free or ad-supported.
    04-21-11 10:44 AM
    Yes FREE Please...
    04-21-11 12:14 PM
    You just got a $500-700 device and it would be a problem if this developer wants a few bucks for this AWESOME effort? Seriously?

AiFlex would be stupid not to charge a few bucks for this. With the lack of an email client he could make some serious cash really fast in the coming month.

I'll be getting it, even if it's 10 bucks. This is awesome.
    jbrians likes this.
    04-21-11 03:18 PM
    yeah although it should be standard from RIM on the PB, i still dont think anyone making an app like this should give it away
    04-21-11 03:28 PM
    what is the timeline fort his App? During the time that RIM is approving the app, can you post the link for download somewhere for crackberry users?

Thanks,
    Eyhab
    I currently do not know how long the approval processes is taking. I will create a new thread when it is available. But updates with new features are being made even during this period.
    04-21-11 06:04 PM
    looks nice cant wait.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-11 02:11 PM
    I'd say �5 is defo worth it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-11 07:45 PM
    If you want me to keep you up to date on aMail, when it is approved, new features and other applications that I am building sign up to the AiFlex Notification mailing list Thank you for the support of AiFlex apps.

If you have any feature requests please post them and I will look into them.
    04-22-11 08:36 PM
    You just got a $500-700 device and it would be a problem if this developer wants a few bucks for this AWESOME effort? Seriously?

AiFlex would be stupid not to charge a few bucks for this. With the lack of an email client he could make some serious cash really fast in the coming month.

I'll be getting it, even if it's 10 bucks. This is awesome.
    If it actually works they should march up to RIM's co-douchebags and suggest RIM buy them tomorrow and start shipping it in tomorrows os update, as the non-blackberry email app that ships with the device. Like maybe shipping an alternative to BES/BIS might have helped with the reviews a bit.

Personally i really like the bridge concept but really PB's a slick looking media player for now if you are not on BB. i can't imagine attempting to use it for business with web mail.
    04-23-11 09:42 PM
    I would gladly paid for this app! My suggestion would be 4.99.
    04-23-11 10:02 PM
    This app should be released really soon if the intent is to make money with it because once RIM releases their own mail app everyone will probably just use that unless your app is WAY better of course.
    04-24-11 12:43 AM
    I will wait for the RIM mail app, because of the security problem.
    04-24-11 07:27 AM
    I will wait for the RIM mail app, because of the security problem.
    In reassurance for the security of aMail. All data held on the device is heavily encrypted, communication to your mail server is encrypted if using TLS/SSL options. If there are other areas of security you are concerned about please highlight them and I will address them.
    04-24-11 07:35 AM
    i wonder what the hold up is on this and other apps.. it seems that RIM should want to start approving apps a little faster given the lack of apps in the current marketplace. We've had our PB's for almost a week now and I think i can count new apps on one hand..
    04-25-11 08:59 AM
    Great looking stuff. Can't wait to buy this along with your VNC app. I agree with PK, $5 is a good price point. I'm sure you've already disregarded the freeloaders begging for "FREE".
    04-25-11 09:08 AM
    i wonder what the hold up is on this and other apps.. it seems that RIM should want to start approving apps a little faster given the lack of apps in the current marketplace. We've had our PB's for almost a week now and I think i can count new apps on one hand..
    I agree. I know posting apps and updates in app world has always been (unfortunately) a lengthy process, but i would think RIM would be so eager to get as many apps out there as possible, that they'd speed up the process.

I'm definitely not suggesting they are less security conscious and approve everything and anything, but I would assume they'd dedicate more resources into checking out the apps to post them quickly.
    04-25-11 09:08 AM
217 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD