I'm sorry, but its moronic to have a 516mb game (Asphalt 6), that actually takes about 1.4gb of my PlayBooks space. It's very annoying, am I alone here? I wish they would change the listed size to the expanded size, i.e. the size it's really going to take up, or show both so people can track their internet bandwidth and their PlayBook space appropriately. I love my PlayBook, but it's honestly really dumb the way the app sizes work, when you're on a 16gb with a lot of games and maybe even all your music, a game that's supposed to take up about .5gb, taking up about 1.4, really is annoying, and a big deal, I think.
    02-20-12 10:58 PM
    Nope, I welcome large apps. I know they are large because of the depth of the game. And, owning a 64GB playbook does not have me worrying a bit Well worth buying the largest model from the get go, as I knew I'd be using the space down the road!
    KermEd and Darlaten like this.
    02-20-12 11:03 PM
    Yes. You are alone here.

. Yes a compressed package unpacks to a larger size after installation - this is the same on your PC, Mac, Linux, etc. That is normal and good (reduces download sizes).

But I have no issues, in fact thenbigger the better for me. It means higher quality audio, video and graphics.

But maybe thats just me. But if you dont want console quality games... And console quality game sizes, maybe ask for a refund and watch for app sizes on future purchases...

Ed
    fanatical likes this.
    02-20-12 11:06 PM
    Nope, I welcome large apps. I know they are large because of the depth of the game. And, owning a 64GB playbook does not have me worrying a bit Well worth buying the largest model from the get go, as I knew I'd be using the space down the road!
    well said.
    02-20-12 11:48 PM
    no i dont want bbos sized apps.
    02-20-12 11:52 PM
    I can understand the frustration... the OP is just saying, if the functioning app is gonna use 1.4GB of space, list 1.4GB instead of the download size. When I loaded my pb with HD movies and I was down to 1 GB of space, so knowing an app needs 1.4 GB vs 500Mb would have been more useful. It just makes more sense to list the needed space for function, or minimum requirements.
    zethaaron likes this.
    02-20-12 11:57 PM
    I'm sorry, but its moronic to have a 516mb game (Asphalt 6), that actually takes about 1.4gb of my PlayBooks space. It's very annoying, am I alone here? I wish they would change the listed size to the expanded size, i.e. the size it's really going to take up, or show both so people can track their internet bandwidth and their PlayBook space appropriately. I love my PlayBook, but it's honestly really dumb the way the app sizes work, when you're on a 16gb with a lot of games and maybe even all your music, a game that's supposed to take up about .5gb, taking up about 1.4, really is annoying, and a big deal, I think.
    Hi, zethaaron. Have you tried rebooting your PB? I found that the app only take up twice the space right after installation, but I can free up the extra space used by rebooting... I suspect the app take more than double of space right after installation because it need space to hold the install image, which the PB cannot delete right away (perhaps because of some sort of OS file lock), but rebooting will make PB clean up that install image... just my guess, but that seems to be the case for me. Good luck!
    02-21-12 12:02 AM
    Hi, zethaaron. Have you tried rebooting your PB? I found that the app only take up twice the space right after installation, but I can free up the extra space used by rebooting... I suspect the app take more than double of space right after installation because it need space to hold the install image, which the PB cannot delete right away (perhaps because of some sort of OS file lock), but rebooting will make PB clean up that install image... just my guess, but that seems to be the case for me. Good luck!
    I feel a little stupid now. :P But the space on my playbook is only down about 600mb from its original, which is fine. Thanks for the tip!
    02-21-12 05:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD