Hi I would like to know if there is any better app as video player as the one we have preinstalled in the playbook!
    03-25-12 02:10 PM
    Define "better".
    03-25-12 02:13 PM
    An app that has more functionality such as random, video streaming.
    Thank you!
    03-25-12 02:50 PM
    Not vlc please cause I dislike using android player
    03-25-12 02:52 PM
    One that maintains a placemark/bookmark, for each movie. Some folks would like video playlists.
    03-25-12 06:51 PM
    One that maintains a placemark/bookmark, for each movie. Some folks would like video playlists.
    Meridian, which needs to be sideloaded, will allow you to create video playlists. The downside is that it won't play all the video formats that the native player will.
    03-25-12 07:59 PM
    I am also concerned about the availability of any good video player for playbook. Having the ability to run every video format.
    03-26-12 07:24 AM
    I am also concerned about the availability of any good video player for playbook. Having the ability to run every video format.
    Well, I just converted Android Storm and that does indeed work. It may be compatible with some formats that did not work previously on PB. It is in the forums here.
    03-26-12 07:28 AM
    Please tell me the link of the app
    03-26-12 07:32 AM
    03-26-12 07:51 AM
    Is there android player that actually works on playbook that supports more video / audio codecs. I find native video player very limited in # of codecs it supports.
    03-26-12 08:26 AM
    A couple weeks ago, I tried to use the following:

VPlayyer
    Rock Player
    MX Video Player

None worked. I believe no Android video players work with the Playbook due to the way they're made. And there has been numerous posts on this... Use search function?
    03-26-12 11:40 AM
    I tried Android Storm Player and all it did was crash when I ran it.
    03-26-12 01:45 PM
    I've said this before, but Meridian works on the PB, and allows you to create playlists. That said, it will not play all of the formats that the native player does, and I'm not sure what formats that it will and will not play. On my PB, it can play some , but not all of the MP4 videos that I've got loaded, and I don't think it will play any of my AVIs. Another poster has said that he got mVideo Player to work on his PB, but I haven't been able to get that app to play any of my videos properly.
    03-26-12 09:23 PM
    I am having the same issue. But, you need to check the container of the video such as AVI or MP4 both can be played but the audio needs to be aac instead of ac3. It can play video .h26 no problem. I have remuxed some videos that play fine when I changed the container after remuxing the audio. But I cannot find a 'movie' player for playbook. UPNPlayer sees my Serviio media server with all the files music and movies but that is it.
    So hopefully someone will create an app that will adapt to this.
    05-31-12 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD