I just found somethig very cool, you guys probably know but hey, its 1 am here and cable tv is not working and my wife has a "headache" today , so I have nothing better to do right now...

I always have trouble closing apps as my fat fingers cant always nail the x in the first try, but I just realized that you can just put your finger on top of the app and swipe up towards the clock and that closes it !!! like trowing it to the clock, so cool !!!

I wish the browser had a similar way of closing tabs as this one is more difficult, or does it?
    Last edited by Lumute; 07-15-11 at 12:02 AM.
    07-14-11 11:56 PM
    Yeah it's great most CB addicts already know about it, but its awesome that it gave you a small happy moment
    07-15-11 12:38 AM
    Literally flicking them away, webOS style
    07-15-11 12:40 AM
    and what's better is that you do not need to put it in the middle, you can close side apps this way too!
    07-15-11 12:42 AM
    It also works with the 'large card' while swiping with right or left bezel between apps.
    07-15-11 12:45 AM
    i swear everyone is so amazed with this on my playbook..... Friends open random apps just so they can throw them away. #loveplaybook
    07-15-11 01:00 AM
    Oooo learned something new. I've been swiping at my ipad. That's when I know I need to pick up my playbook lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-11 01:41 AM
    Yea i naturally do the same thing when i pick up an ipad..... I start swiping everywhere until i remember the home button holds the key to everything.
    Alex-K likes this.
    07-15-11 02:13 AM
    Cool! love it and my brother hates it (iPad-addict)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-11 02:24 AM
    Wasn't this in the tutorial?
    07-15-11 03:03 AM
    Wasn't this in the tutorial?
    Those of us who have followed the PlayBook since before it was announced most likely just went through the motions, no pun intended, to get through the tutorial so we could play with it. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the casual users did the same thing and didn't pay close attention to what they were actually doing.
    07-15-11 07:36 AM
    Thank WebOS for that clever little UI gesture.

i swear everyone is so amazed with this on my playbook..... Friends open random apps just so they can throw them away. #loveplaybook
    07-15-11 07:51 AM
    But the silly part is you can not close any app if it is maximized. First you have to swipe up from the bottom. Then you can throw it away. When the playbook is already on, the bezel to bezel swipe does not do anything. This is one thing it should do.
    07-15-11 07:52 AM
    wallyrulz:

Someone mentioned it above but you can close apps as they are being moved left/right off the screen - they are momentarily reduced slightly in size (there's a frame around them) and you can swipe up at that moment in time and close them.

I do agree with the OP - closing tabs in the browser, that is, hitting that small x, is not always easy. Oh, and I hope her headache goes away.
    07-15-11 09:46 AM
    I just found somethig very cool, you guys probably know but hey, its 1 am here and cable tv is not working and my wife has a "headache" today , so I have nothing better to do right now...

I always have trouble closing apps as my fat fingers cant always nail the x in the first try, but I just realized that you can just put your finger on top of the app and swipe up towards the clock and that closes it !!! like trowing it to the clock, so cool !!!

I wish the browser had a similar way of closing tabs as this one is more difficult, or does it?
    That was highlighted in early demo posted on youtube, before the playbook was released. Swiping up to close the app is cool, because I hate using the small x to close them. However, lately I noticed that as I get so used to the tablet, I have been swiping less and using the x with much more accuracy. In the browser you have no alternative, but it would be cool to have some kind of alternative there to sweep off a tab.

What I do find my self doing a lot, rather than x ing out the tab, I just sweep off the browser and open it again and choose a new bookmark, but like I said, in time you will be a lot more accurate with your fingers.
    Last edited by Schlymer; 07-15-11 at 10:09 AM.
    07-15-11 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD