I know thee, well, not at all it seems. The only nominally usable Twatter er Twitter application for PlayBook has disappeared from AppWorld. Hopefully, that merely means an awesome update is coming. Hey, at least I have still have the real web eh?
    04-27-11 05:36 AM
    I tried to download the app almost a week ago and could not find it in appworld. Looked like a nice app from the crackberry video review.
    04-27-11 09:37 AM
    I checked this morning and I still see it in there.. I would love to have an update but the flow of apps is more like a trikle which is a bit disappointing. Hopefully this twitter app gets a much needed update soon.
    04-27-11 11:29 AM
    I checked this morning and I still see it in there.. I would love to have an update but the flow of apps is more like a trikle which is a bit disappointing. Hopefully this twitter app gets a much needed update soon.
    I was not able to find it earlier with a regular search or using the keyword Twitter. Hmm. Interesting. Anyhoo, it definitely needs an update; the font is way too small. I am not even sure why that is the case. But, I definitely agree, updates are moving pretty slow at this point. Yet, I think that will improve once BlackBerry World gets under way.
    04-27-11 12:19 PM
    There was an update for Tweedless today. Seems to be mostly behind the scene improvements. The font is still ant sized.
    04-28-11 06:42 AM
    Is there anyone who knows how this app actually works? The UI is beyond my comprehension I'm afraid.

1: How do you refresh?
    2: When I go to private messages it's like I see some sort of selection rather than all of them. What's up with that?

I can get passed the tiny font but these things make it borderline useless for me.
    04-28-11 11:58 AM
    Slow updates can also be partly RIMs fault, because the test house is pretty slow. A minor update for my app was in limbo for 2 weeks before it got approved and there are some developers that have 2-3 updates waiting to be approved.
    04-28-11 02:03 PM
    Is there anyone who knows how this app actually works? The UI is beyond my comprehension I'm afraid.

1: How do you refresh?
    2: When I go to private messages it's like I see some sort of selection rather than all of them. What's up with that?

I can get passed the tiny font but these things make it borderline useless for me.
    1. The first box, beside the Direct Messages envelop, is what I use to refresh. Not sure if this is actually the refresh button, as it is not marked, but it seems to work quite well for that function.

2. The Direct Message portion is indeed rather odd. There is the user filter to the side, yet it does not seem to impact direct messages. Rather, it just shows who the limited amount of direct messages are from.

Some of the things I wanted to see in the latest update are still absent. I have gone over my utter distaste for the far too small font already. But, I also noticed the avatars need to be a bit more clear as well. Also, you should be able to press the avatar, within the actual application, to get a better view of the avvy. At this point, you press the avatar which will you give you four options. One of these options will take you to Twitter on the web. Here, you can see the avatar a bit better, yet it should really be within the app itself.

All of these suggestions may fall on deaf ears. Not so much due to the maker of Tweedless not caring about updating his/her app, but due to Twitter's crackdown on new Twitter applications. It pretty much told third party devs to stop making any new ones. I am hoping Tweedless remains in the mix somewhere. Be that as it may, I forsee a Twitter for PlayBook application coming soon, and most likely, the end of my usage of Tweedless.
    TheMarco likes this.
    04-28-11 06:28 PM
    Slow updates can also be partly RIMs fault, because the test house is pretty slow. A minor update for my app was in limbo for 2 weeks before it got approved and there are some developers that have 2-3 updates waiting to be approved.
    Yikes. No bueno.
    04-28-11 06:30 PM
    Apparently, the maker of Tweedless, Jam 3, is reworking their app on an actual Playbook, rather than the simulator. Perhaps this will lead to a font change and a fantastic update to boot.
    04-29-11 06:40 PM
    Tweedless has never shown up in appworld for me.
    04-29-11 07:00 PM
    Tweedless has never shown up in appworld for me.
    I got it when Adam posted the link on the CB front page. After that, I have not seen it come up during a keyword search or even searching for "Tweedless."
    Last edited by Crackberrykills; 04-29-11 at 08:02 PM.
    04-29-11 07:06 PM
    @CrackBerryKills thanks for the explanation. I can indeed at least refresh now. While this client is far from complete (can't post any media for example) at least it's something for the time being except for the annoyance of not being able to see all my private messages.

I've been playing with the thought of creating a simple 'broadcast only' twitter app that does support posting movies, videos etc. but so far the oAuth stuff from Twitter has been giving me astonishing headaches...
    04-29-11 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD