Even though I personally can't use it, I will be too. Strictly for a marketing reason if nothing else. I know many want it. The point of my previous post is that this thread has all the earmarks of bait, and it was taken. Read the previous threads. My opinion. I'm through with this one, bye.
    The title alone screams bait - who at this point does not know that playbook still does not have native email? That has been a member since 2009? It's clearly (to me) a rhetorical reminder, not a legitimate question. Just to stir the pot.

I want it to have native email for the sole reason that this will end.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 01-03-12 at 10:34 AM.
    01-03-12 10:28 AM
    Native email client will be in the OS 2.0 coming out in March I was told. Spoke to someone who works for RIM and he was testing it out and gave a big thumbs up.
    Until then Bridge is the way to go. Bridge is the best feature as far as I'm concerned and if people have it and don't want to use it................ can't imagine why !!
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-03-12 10:42 AM
    Native email client will be in the OS 2.0 coming out in March I was told.
    I thought it comes out in Feb. Is this a new date?
    01-03-12 10:55 AM
    How do you check your mail now? On your laptop or phone? I don't understand how it is so criticle to have native email like no one has ever got email before the playbook and will never be able to get email if they buy one.

Yes it needs it and it is coming. So either wait until it is there, deal with it until it comes if you really want one or go buy something else.
    Crabby McCrabby pants.
    01-03-12 11:03 AM
    I thought it comes out in Feb. Is this a new date?
    Thats what I asked him and he said its going to be sometime in March and not Feb.
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-03-12 11:05 AM
    Thats what I asked him and he said its going to be sometime in March and not Feb.
    Stop talking to him and let him get back to work.
    BERaddict and Willard814 like this.
    01-03-12 11:18 AM
    man i dont even wanna hear about it being march now...u gonna get the forums worked up with that...
    01-03-12 12:03 PM
    man i dont even wanna hear about it being march now...u gonna get the forums worked up with that...
    At this point it doesn't even matter. Release it next October I really don't care. I didn't really believe this February date either. This isn't my first rodeo with RIM.
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-03-12 12:16 PM
    i think this post again might discourage you ,
    01-03-12 12:19 PM
    Didn't mean to work anyone up lol. I just wanted to share what I heard and if it was me I would like to know if anyone else had any info about it. U never know it might be March 1st and that would be just a day off.
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-03-12 12:52 PM
    While I'm not the oriingal poster of this question, I would like to respond. I received a PB for Christmas as an alternative to a Kindle or Nook Tablet. While a bit aprehensive at first (we had never explored the playbook until they had the great pricing last month), I quickly discovered that I really like it... with one major exception - the lack of a native email client. (I do not have a BB phone - nor do I think I want one.)

I can easily enough go to gmail.com to check my email from my pb, but honestly, i get emails through my smartphone so i rarely use this on my pb. The major problem I have found, however, is the inability to click on a link on a webpage to send an email - it simply doesn't work. I even tried copying and pasting the email address, but can't get it to paste into my gmail. Frustrating especially when looking for something on craigslist that i want to reply to the seller...

As I said, this is probably the most major thing about the PB that I do not like. I have until 1/6/2012 to return the pb and get something else, but there's nothing else in that price range that I have found that I would rather have. The Kindle or Nook would be good... but they do not ahve a camera - and I LOVE that feature on the Playbook!

I'm hopeful that the update next month will include the email app as rumored. I must be the only person on the face of the earth who could care less about flinging birds at pigs... but I would really like the email client! If we would be able to utilize the great cameras for skype as well...and be able to use things like google talk....I would be in heaven!

Yep i'm not having a problem with Gmail.com and sending or yahoo or live/hotmail. working great for me...Playbook is working fine with public OS. native email client is not the end of the world..but that seems to be the biggest argument against getting a device that so far can out preform everything out there but only lacking the large number of apps as other tabs on the market. I like the Flash/AIR, the streaming, the WIFI the bridge, (yes I only pay for 1 unlimited data package and yes that package is 4G). the video yep 1080P is nice when I travel, and can hook to HDMI with just a cable with out purchasing other stuff to make it work at 720P.

Sent from my Playbook without Spell check...
    BERaddict and Willard814 like this.
    01-03-12 01:14 PM
    I have a bb phone so this had not been a huge problem for me either. The only issue is when I get an email that is truncated, but t hen I have that great browser to go online and read the email anyway. There will always be stuff I want it to do but can't. Like starting my truck when its cold out, cutting my grass..... I think my biggest disappointment is not able to go to my online banking. Pretty sure its a bank issue the way they wrote the page, it works on my phone, on my pc but won't load the login page on pb. Says something about errors.
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-03-12 01:36 PM
    I have a bb phone so this had not been a huge problem for me either. The only issue is when I get an email that is truncated, but t hen I have that great browser to go online and read the email anyway. There will always be stuff I want it to do but can't. Like starting my truck when its cold out, cutting my grass..... I think my biggest disappointment is not able to go to my online banking. Pretty sure its a bank issue the way they wrote the page, it works on my phone, on my pc but won't load the login page on pb. Says something about errors.
    Has to be a bank issue. I can access my online banking (one more thing I love abt my Playbook).
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-03-12 01:41 PM
    The responses in this thread boil down to two arguments:

1. You don't need native email because of bridge; and
    2. Yes native email would be great, but don't worry because it's coming soon.

With regards to 1, you also don't need a playbook, then. Just go to the public library and check your email there.

With regards to 2, here we sit in January of 2012 and we've been hearing this for how long?

I just recently purchased my PlayBook and I love it. I'm happy to use bridge, but I can appreciate that there are some who would like to have native email even if they don't need it. These are consumer electronics we're talking about, not life-saving medical procedures. Having crap you like but don't need is the essence of owning gadgets.

Similarly, while I look forward to an update that will cure all that ails RIM and the PlayBook, I'm not holding my breath. For one, I like my PlayBook just fine as it is, and two, nobody moves slower and fails to fulfill promises quite like RIM.
    Willard814 and Michelle Haag like this.
    01-03-12 01:43 PM
    The responses in this thread boil down to two arguments:

2. Yes native email would be great, but don't worry because it's coming soon.

With regards to 1, you also don't need a playbook, then. Just go to the public library and check your email there.

With regards to 2, here we sit in January of 2012 and we've been hearing this for how long?

I just recently purchased my PlayBook and I love it. I'm happy to use bridge, but I can appreciate that there are some who would like to have native email even if they don't need it. These are consumer electronics we're talking about, not life-saving medical procedures. Having crap you like but don't need is the essence of owning gadgets.

Similarly, while I look forward to an update that will cure all that ails RIM and the PlayBook, I'm not holding my breath. For one, I like my PlayBook just fine as it is, and two, nobody moves slower and fails to fulfill promises quite like RIM.
    The problems posed by the OP boil down to two arguments::
    1. I've heard that PlayBook is really crappy without native email. Does PlayBook have native email yet?
    2. How long will I have to wait for RIM to finish PlayBook and make it at least as good as the iPod Touch (even though I am not in the market for a PlayBook because the iPod Touch does everything I need it to do)?

In my opinion the resolution is obvious. But many members made valiant attempts to take the OP's arguments at face value and try to deal with them as best they could.

The responses in this thread boil down to three (not two) arguments:
    2. Yes native email would be great, but don't worry because it's coming soon; and
    3. If you are not prepared to wait for RIM, perhaps it would be best for you to consider alternatives.

Frankly I don't see what purpose is served by your restating the OP's original arguments about RIM's failings (albeit using different words). Further discussion would be pointless.
    alnamvet68 and peter9477 like this.
    01-03-12 02:08 PM
    The problems posed by the OP boil down to two arguments::
    1. I've heard that PlayBook is really crappy without native email. Does PlayBook have native email yet?
    2. How long will I have to wait for RIM to finish PlayBook and make it at least as good as the iPod Touch (even though I am not in the market for a PlayBook because the iPod Touch does everything I need it to do)?

In my opinion the resolution is obvious. But many members made valiant attempts to take the OP's arguments at face value and try to deal with them as best they could.

The responses in this thread boil down to three (not two) arguments:
    2. Yes native email would be great, but don't worry because it's coming soon; and
    3. If you are not prepared to wait for RIM, perhaps it would be best for you to consider alternatives.

Frankly I don't see what purpose is served by your restating the OP's original arguments about RIM's failings (albeit using different words). Further discussion would be pointless.
    If you don't see the purpose, I kindly welcome you to ignore me.
    01-03-12 02:27 PM
    The OP's question was easy to answer. The answer is no.

Everyone else threw in a "No, but...", and all the buts are ridiculous.
    01-03-12 02:29 PM
    i have a bb phone and the bridge works well for me, i understand why people have issues with no native email. People should not get slammed for wanting this, as everyone dosen't own a bb phone.
    01-03-12 02:41 PM
    i have a bb phone and the bridge works well for me, i understand why people have issues with no native email. People should not get slammed for wanting this, as everyone dosen't own a bb phone.
    Pardon me, but I have yet to see any "slamming" in this thread.
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-03-12 02:43 PM
    Thats how i see it, playbook has to appeal to those that don't have a bb phone.
    01-03-12 03:04 PM
    Using that analogy, then it should follow that iPad has to appeal to those who don't have iPhones, and 'rrhoids have to appeal to those who don't have 'rrhoid phones. Nah, I don't think so. I will go so far to say that for each tablet platform, the owners of any given tablet more then likely own a phone that is part of that same eco system. PB doesn't have to appeal to anyone with a non BB phone...it just needs to deliver the goods and reinforce the validity of their product through highly aggressive ad campaign.

Oh, and one more thing, I still see no bashing in this thread as you have posted.
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 01-03-12 at 03:26 PM.
    01-03-12 03:15 PM
    In my opinion it would be an annoyance rather than a convenience to keep them synced. Blackberry had the right idea. But they now must bow to market pressure..
    As for the synching I think RIM could turn this all into a positive. What if the native email on the PlayBook transparently uses the bridge IF there is no WiFi available.

RIM should market the bridge as a failover for data access whenever there's no WiFi, plain and simple.

Then the commercials could call it the "always connected tablet" or whatever.

The bridge has certainly evolved since release. Now other apps can use it not just bridge apps. RIM should continue this trend and make it "smart". Then the PlayBook could be the only tablet that has "auto connectivity failover" for ALL your apps. No separate 3G needed.
    Last edited by southlander; 01-03-12 at 03:34 PM.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    01-03-12 03:31 PM
    My daughter or myself do not have a BB phone and we love our playbook just how it is. Granted I am sure my daughter would surely love more games to play on it (what 13 y/o wouldn't?) But since buying her the playbook she no longer asks for a laptop. She can do most of the things she needs to do on it and for the rest she has daddies laptop or desktop for the job. As for me and my take on the email...this has the best browsing experience out of all the tablets I have owned or tried so surfing to yahoo.com to check my email is hardly a problem. Besides, it has it's own lil icon on my favorites screen that takes me directly to it...how convenient!
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-03-12 05:26 PM
    As for the synching I think RIM could turn this all into a positive. What if the native email on the PlayBook transparently uses the bridge IF there is no WiFi available.

RIM should market the bridge as a failover for data access whenever there's no WiFi, plain and simple.

Then the commercials could call it the "always connected tablet" or whatever.

The bridge has certainly evolved since release. Now other apps can use it not just bridge apps. RIM should continue this trend and make it "smart". Then the PlayBook could be the only tablet that has "auto connectivity failover" for ALL your apps. No separate 3G needed.
    Maybe they are and maybe that's part of what is taking so long?
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-03-12 05:51 PM
    Having crap you like but don't need is the essence of owning gadgets.
    Off topic, I know, I'm sorry.

This is my favorite quote of the day, because it's so true. :P

Carry on.
    01-03-12 06:24 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD