Okay, I obviously missed a step or setting. I have a bunch of separate camera shots in the Camera folder. What did I need to do to create a timelapse video?

Thanks.

edited to add: Aha - you have to be in video mode. I thought it "stitched" the separate still images.
    Last edited by F2; 03-12-13 at 04:06 PM.
    03-12-13 03:22 PM
    This app is fantastic!
    chaosdivine likes this.
    03-12-13 04:15 PM
    First thing i did was make a time laps of a pitcher of tea infusing to test it out and it worked like a charm!
    03-13-13 03:18 AM
    I just downloaded the advanced camera app and declined the permissions.a prompt came up to open the help pages,but nothing happens. Can anyone help. Me?
    03-14-13 10:16 PM
    Go into Settings/Security/Application Permissions and change your permissions.
    03-14-13 10:37 PM
    Wow the time lapse works great and a lot of new features with this update too, nice job!!! Unfortunately the app still keeps running while minimize even when the app behaviour is set on paused. I use the playbook a lot in school and I switch between this app and others a lot so I need this app to pause so the battery can last longer. Anyway keep the good work this app is the best camera app for the playbook.
    03-16-13 06:31 PM
    I just bought this app. Very cool. Had trouble with the "time lapse" feature at first (kept creating zero-length clips), but a reboot fixed that. Overall, nice job. I've been looking for a way to improve the camera functionality on my PB, and this is the first app to inspire me to pull the Purchase trigger in app world in a long, long time.

Minor nit: Why no 1080p recording option? I only see 480p and 720p...

Please do keep developing this app as some of us still appreciate what a great piece of hardware the PB was/is/can still be.

RCK
    03-17-13 04:42 AM
    I've completely rewritten the camera display of the Playbook from zero level and the display is a little bit slow for 1080p. Currently I'm working on the solution.

The minimized running will be fixed in the next update. I thought it's working but then I realized it's working only on mine, because I modified my Playbook's power management library.
    03-17-13 07:37 AM
    I've completely rewritten the camera display of the Playbook from zero level and the display is a little bit slow for 1080p. Currently I'm working on the solution.

The minimized running will be fixed in the next update. I thought it's working but then I realized it's working only on mine, because I modified my Playbook's power management library.
    OK. No biggie re: 1080p. I just had to find *something* to nitpick on.

BTW, glad to see you're monitoring the forums and generally remaining responsive. There are several devs like that (Innovatology comes to mind) and I tend to look for this in vendors I purchase from. Nothing worse than buying an app only to find out the dev lost interest and has abandoned it.

Keep up the good work! Looking forward to future updates ...

RCK
    03-17-13 08:16 AM
    hi, just wanted to check, if this will be available for the z10?please correct me if i am wrong, but only read about PB for advanced camera. thanks
    03-17-13 09:40 AM
    Currently only for Playbook. It could be easy to port advanced camera for Z10, but I have no Z10 for testing and the simulator sucks. I asked BB support for a DevAlpha but no answer. Let me resolve minimize and 1080p issues and I'll give another try to port advanced camera for Z10 using simulator.
    03-17-13 10:21 AM
    Another vote for a Z10 version. The Z10 camera is good and there's some great edit features baked in already. Advanced Camera would compliment well I think.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 03:24 PM
    I'm making progress on resolving 1080p and minimized issues, but I need to test old features to keep them in working order. Next update (will be pushed to the review queue this week) will contain fullHD recording, power saving when minimized and geotagging.

Regarding this minimized state, if there is a recording in progress the app won't go into sleep mode.
    Last edited by NovGab; 03-19-13 at 07:14 AM.
    03-18-13 04:08 PM
    One other minor nit: When your app is running, my PB gets a bit sluggish - almost like you're chewing up a lot of CPU cycles just to render your preview image to screen, etc. The overall UI frame rate definitely suffers, especially when switching between apps.

Any way to tweak this and make it a bit less "jittery" when running your app?

RCK
    03-19-13 11:15 AM
    Yes, I know that problem but rendering isn't eating up the CPU (did a benchmark today). I'll try to find the source of this issue.
    In the upcoming release advanced camera will go to sleep when you are switching to another app.
    03-19-13 04:09 PM
    great work Gabor. I for one appreciate all your hard work on this app and doing so in the current OS.

So thanks again and all the best.
    03-19-13 05:09 PM
    OK. If you need a beta tester, I'm available...

RCK

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    03-20-13 12:35 AM
    I'm postponing the 1080p release for next week (sorry), because I got a Z10 until Monday and I would like to do the porting.

BTW I made a profiling for CPU usage and the camera frames display consumes only 5% (and 30% GPU usage) and rendering the UI consumes the remaining power (because it is not hardware accelerated). I'll work on reducing UI rendering lagg, but currently I got no idea how to do it, so it will be included in a later release.
    03-22-13 01:47 PM
    1.0.9.3 is waiting in the queue for Playbook.
    - Added 1080p fullHD recording
    - Added Geo-tagging
    - Added power saving when minimized or not used
    - Fixed some critical bug, orientation issues (found during porting to Z10)

I ported to Z10 successfully but there are extra features like flash, time-shift mode and point-and-focus feature those need to be developed. I think Z10 has pretty good built-in camera.
    03-25-13 03:43 PM
    Awesome I love the continued support. The features are already fantastic. I just hope that PLAYBOOK doesn't get pushed to the back burner now. Z10 is a great device but I have a loving strong relationship with my PLAYBOOK'S.
    NovGab likes this.
    03-25-13 05:33 PM
    - Added Geo-tagging

I ported to Z10 successfully but there are extra features like flash, time-shift mode and point-and-focus feature those need to be developed. I think Z10 has pretty good built-in camera.
    Can't you give the pb version a flash? Just kidding.
    03-25-13 06:45 PM
    Looking forward to exploring these new features. Glad I stumbled across this thread. I got the update but didn't have time to look for improvements.

Of course, I can't get a minute's peace with all the traffic outside my office door... until I try to test the motion sensor and there's NOBODY moving...
    03-25-13 07:19 PM
    Wow, great app! Hope you can port it to Z10 as well, we miss a good advanced camera there
    03-26-13 07:05 AM
    - Added Geo-tagging
    The app just got updated!! thanks dev for this awesome continuous support.
    Last edited by Blackman91; 04-10-13 at 02:16 PM.
    04-10-13 02:01 PM
    Here is one I took earlier when I was waiting for a train.
    NovGab and FF22 like this.
    04-10-13 03:52 PM
212 ... 23456 ...