I know there are other threads but I wanted to know if anyone has heard if Adobe is working on a "functional" reader app? I couldn't find a definitive answer on the web.

My company is thinking about using adobe forms for internal paperwork with an audit trail but the current offering on the PB is completely useless. You cannot fill out any field on the form. The company is currently testing PB's and iPads and I really want the PB as it is just better IMO.

Anyone have Thorsten's email? If you could PM it to me I would be gratefull. Maybe I could convince RIM to push it a bit since this IS a "Professional" tablet it would be nice to be able to use Adobe PDF forms.

I don't blame RIM for this but they should have told Adobe to try again rather than approve that useless app.
    03-01-12 10:06 AM
    I don't think Adobe gives a crap what RIM thinks anyway. I think they also have ditched RIM like everyone else is.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-01-12 10:31 AM
    I think its too bad that RIM doesn't work with Adobe to bring a good quality PDF app, especially since Acrobat Reader CANNOT BE REMOVED FROM THE PLAYBOOK and holds the pdf file association...

I'm currently using Repligo Reader (sideloaded droid app), which supports bookmarkings, search and other fancy stuff, but it isn't as smooth as the stripped down playbook version Acrobat Reader in terms of rendering.

Looking at the Android Acrobat Reader version, it looks liike it's feature full... At least the should let us uninstall it or change file association...
    03-01-12 10:56 AM
    It would be nice to at least get the Android version in the appworld officially. For corporate use sideloading isn't exactly what will make the board go with the PB over the iLemming. I love the PB and I'll stick it out but this is 1,000x more important than Skype or Netflix IMO.
    03-01-12 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD