Any native app that can do this. I really do not wanna sideload any apps.
    10-09-12 07:56 PM
    Ghost commander is currently only one I know of, but good news is it is in app world so no side load involved. It is a android app but works great.
    10-09-12 08:02 PM
    I haven't been able to access my PC with Ghost since the first 2.1 beta dropped. It keeps asking for a password and I'm not going to set up a password on my PC in order for Ghost to access it. LAN File Explorer is native and works- it just needs a server to be running on your PC to work.
    10-09-12 09:38 PM
    i have about 7 pc's in the home, i just went around and set up a user name and password for each p, and dissabled password sharing. seems to work. but really slow.
    i also have lan file explorer installed to but like pacoman03 stated i hates having a server running on my pc.
    10-09-12 09:45 PM
    Ghost Commander will work on un-passworded Windows machines using "guest" as the username and leaving the password field blank.

ES File Explorer (Android port) works better than Ghost Commander for accessing SMB shares in my experience.

Cheers
    TRJB
    pacoman03 likes this.
    10-10-12 12:23 PM
    I use media sharing included with Windows Home Server 2011. ($50.00 server O/S) It gives you a beautiful web interface that is available over the Internet as well if you want. Downloading content to your PB via the web browser FTW! It makes a good backup system for your other home PCs as well.
    10-10-12 12:36 PM
    Ghost Commander will work on un-passworded Windows machines using "guest" as the username and leaving the password field blank.

ES File Explorer (Android port) works better than Ghost Commander for accessing SMB shares in my experience.

Cheers
    TRJB
    Thanks. That worked. I didn;t need "guest" under 2.0, but, whatever.
    10-10-12 01:46 PM

Cheers
    TRJB
    I am probably thick but don't know what Ghost Commander is looking for, for its fields:

Server: ?
    Path: ?
    Domain: ?

I gather Username is Guest and Password are blank.

Any assistance will be appreciated.
    10-10-12 05:36 PM
    Assuming you are on the same wifi network, put the ip address of the machine you are trying to access in the server field (typically 192.168.0.???). Leave path and domain blank.

TRJB
    10-10-12 07:55 PM
    Assuming you are on the same wifi network, put the ip address of the machine you are trying to access in the server field (typically 192.168.0.???). Leave path and domain blank.

TRJB
    Did not work. Long WAIT message and then nothing. I may have to check sharing on the network but I thought that was open.
    10-11-12 09:06 AM
    if running windows 7 right click the folder u wants to share. then hit sharing. make sure it is shared to the network. if not start tying network in the box and click add.
    10-11-12 09:52 AM
    X-Plore is another great option I recently stumbled upon. I really like that it has two panes like Ghost Commander which make it easy to copy/move files. The biggest surprise I got was that it can open movies from my shared drive including both avi and mkv files. Ghost Commander choked on mkv files.
    10-11-12 10:14 AM
    Using Ghost Commander to copy files off my network drive (USB drive plugged into my Cisco E3000 wireless router.) A bit buggy sometimes, but it's copying over a video right now. Excellent for a free app.
    10-14-12 09:26 PM