So, after about 2 mind with the ad supported version I now hate wwf.

I get that it's illegal to have the paid version but I'm p!ssed I can't find it and use it. .70 was the paid version and I say if they WONT make a playbook version then we should be able to sideload any version we want.

And that goes for ANY app... I love bb but I really getting tired of not being able to use the same apps as everybody else cause by the time we get them ported most of the magic is gone and the next big thing is out there.

Whether you agree or not, you know it's true.
    04-05-12 12:49 AM
    I have version 4.821. Do you know where to get the latest add free one?
    04-05-12 02:17 AM
    I have version 4.821. Do you know where to get the latest add free one?
    You clearly didn't read this.
    04-05-12 02:44 AM
    No, you shouldn't be able to sideload any paid app for free just because they won't develop one specifically for the playbook.
    Barljo, moss27 and SifJar like this.
    04-05-12 08:15 AM
    No, you shouldn't be able to sideload any paid app for free just because they won't develop one specifically for the playbook.
    Back that up with rationale, please... And I'm not arguing. I just want to know.
    04-05-12 02:37 PM
    So, after about 2 mind with the ad supported version I now hate wwf.

I get that it's illegal to have the paid version but I'm p!ssed I can't find it and use it. .70 was the paid version and I say if they WONT make a playbook version then we should be able to sideload any version we want.

And that goes for ANY app... I love bb but I really getting tired of not being able to use the same apps as everybody else cause by the time we get them ported most of the magic is gone and the next big thing is out there.

Whether you agree or not, you know it's true.
    I agree. I felt this yesterday thinking about Instagram, Temple Run, Draw Something, etc...

The fact that the Playbook is not even considered for new and popular apps is very frustrating.

The whole premise of the Android app player in 2.0 was to be able to go in to App World and download apps ported by developers, but where are they??

There are a few available, but not many. RIM hasnt even developed any native Playbook apps! Where is Twitter for Playbook??

Im sooo sick of begging and pleading for apps, and crossing my fingers when somebody converts an apk to see if it works.

Im also sick of the Android app player randomly crashing every day.

Its super frustrating!
    bulls2213 and raymond like this.
    04-05-12 02:53 PM
    I agree. I felt this yesterday thinking about Instagram, Temple Run, Draw Something, etc...

The fact that the Playbook is not even considered for new and popular apps is very frustrating.

The whole premise of the Android app player in 2.0 was to be able to go in to App World and download apps ported by developers, but where are they??

There are a few available, but not many. RIM hasnt even developed any native Playbook apps! Where is Twitter for Playbook??

Im sooo sick of begging and pleading for apps, and crossing my fingers when somebody converts an apk to see if it works.

Its super frustrating!
    We all share your pain, brother.
    raymond likes this.
    04-05-12 03:39 PM
    We all share your pain, brother.
    lol! im a girl , but thanks!
    raymond likes this.
    04-05-12 03:54 PM
    If you really want to load the paid version of an app, go buy it from google play and convert and load it yourself. Simple. As long as you are not asking Zynga for support, it shouldn't be a big deal. Think of it as loading Windows software on WINE for Linux.
    SifJar likes this.
    04-05-12 04:20 PM
    If you really want to load the paid version of an app, go buy it from google play and convert and load it yourself. Simple. As long as you are not asking Zynga for support, it shouldn't be a big deal. Think of it as loading Windows software on WINE for Linux.
    That's the easy answer... Do it yourself. Well, I can't. I'd say less than 10% of us can do that otherwise kozmonaut and other goodereader guys wouldn't be doing all of the converting.

As a guy, it's like being friends with the hot chick. Sure, you hang out with her but you have to hold her purse. Non native, ported free versions of apps are the purse of the hot chick.
    04-05-12 08:47 PM
    so buy it yourself and ask nicely for someone to convert it for you. Why does it have to be hard?
    04-05-12 09:12 PM
    so buy it yourself and ask nicely for someone to convert it for you. Why does it have to be hard?
    Cause I'd rather spend 5 bucks in app world but I get what you are saying. It's not hard its just don't like the current app environment and I hope it gets better
    04-06-12 02:43 AM
    That's the easy answer... Do it yourself. Well, I can't. I'd say less than 10% of us can do that otherwise kozmonaut and other goodereader guys wouldn't be doing all of the converting.
    Take 5 minutes to read through the guide stickied in the Android sideloading sub forum and you'll discover it is incredibly simple to do the conversion. Once you have it set up, it is a couple of clicks to automatically convert, sign and install an app without any further input from you.
    04-06-12 07:37 AM
    Back that up with rationale, please... And I'm not arguing. I just want to know.
    I would think it's illegal. It's also unethical. I consider it stealing, plain and simple. You don't need to agree.
    04-06-12 08:01 AM

Its super frustrating!
    Off topic but why would anyone want a twitter app when we have Blaq? It's better than on official twitter app I have ever used.
    04-06-12 09:44 AM
    Off topic but why would anyone want a twitter app when we have Blaq? It's better than on official twitter app I have ever used.

But why should we have to pay for a Twitter app?

There isn't even a native twitter Playbook app to compare it to.

Its like RIM doesn't care either. They should at least have some basic native apps.

I use Blaq and my sideloaded Ubersocial for Android.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-06-12 09:47 AM
    But why should we have to pay for a Twitter app?

There isn't even a native twitter Playbook app to compare it to.

Its like RIM doesn't care either. They should at least have some basic native apps.

I use Blaq and my sideloaded Ubersocial for Android.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    The twitter website works pretty great. If it wasn't for the fact there was the browser title bar along the top, I would not really be able to tell it wasn't a native app, I don't see how else they would effectively design a twitter app for the PB.
    04-06-12 01:51 PM
    The twitter website works pretty great. If it wasn't for the fact there was the browser title bar along the top, I would not really be able to tell it wasn't a native app, I don't see how else they would effectively design a twitter app for the PB.
    but you dont get any notifications.

The playbook came out almost a year ago and there is still no native Twitter app. Thats ridiculous.

Blaq was smart to jump on it and charge a low price because there aren't many other alternatives.
    04-06-12 01:54 PM
    but you dont get any notifications.

The playbook came out almost a year ago and there is still no native Twitter app. Thats ridiculous.

Blaq was smart to jump on it and charge a low price because there aren't many other alternatives.
    I didn't think of notifications. But doesn't the native Messages app handle that? Dunno exactly how good it is, never tried the Twitter side of things with that as I'm not a big tweeter, but I think it will at least notify you of DMs, dunno about mentions. Of course, it's still not ideal.

But then, the Facebook app doesn't give notifications either as far as I can tell.
    04-06-12 02:32 PM
    I didn't think of notifications. But doesn't the native Messages app handle that? Dunno exactly how good it is, never tried the Twitter side of things with that as I'm not a big tweeter, but I think it will at least notify you of DMs, dunno about mentions. Of course, it's still not ideal.

But then, the Facebook app doesn't give notifications either as far as I can tell.
    i dont use facebook so im not sure.

you can set your twitter account to get email notifications on mentions, but that kinda sucks.

Rim just needs to make a bigger version of Twitter for Blackberry. It cant be that hard.
    04-06-12 02:34 PM
    once you get your signing key files from rim and turn them into the P12 file (a few copy and paste commands sort of thing, real easy if you pay attention) converting and signing apps is ridiculously simple. BBHTool is great for that, it does everything for you once you have it "first run" configured.

the only problem is, 90% of the time the apps people want wont convert, are already signed (not sure how to get around that, if there is a way, but i've seen that error when converting apks), or they convert and crash, or certain functions dont work making the app inoperable. the conversion process is super easy. finding apps that work is the hard part.

i'd be happy to convert if people want to try different apps. i have a bunch of .BAR files that do work great. some may be pirated, its hard to tell when you never look in app world to see which are even for sale, point is. they are out there and really easy to install. I'd share, but this isnt the place for potentially pirated apps. also, i swear to god my name is Tom Thompson. serious.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-06-12 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD