im sick of waiting for netflex to make a app for blackberry. i canceled my netflex account this morning and down loaded a tv app and started using a movie downloading web page. F**k net flex if they think i well give them one more penny if they can,t accomodate us bb fans. let me see 78 million X 7.99 that adds up lets see if we get heard if well all canceled our netflex!
    07-24-12 03:49 PM
    Yeah I hate Netflex!
    07-24-12 03:57 PM
    My will be canceled next after Summer end. I'm giving Netflix another chance to make an app for PlayBook before Summer end.
    07-24-12 04:19 PM
    Since they just released their earnings, guess BB(playbook) means nothing.lol
    Netflix Q2 2012 earnings: 530,000 more US subscribers and a return to profitability

Netflix recently let it drop that its users clocked in more than one billion hours of content-viewing in the month of June alone, although the big question for CEO Reed Hastings is how that relates to the company's subscriber base. The results are in from its Q2 2012 earnings report, and it's claiming 27.56 million subscribers worldwide, up from 26 million last quarter. In the US alone that includes 23.94 million customers, after it reported 23.4 million in Q1. While the number of new subscribers wasn't as high as some had hoped, the good news is the company is finally back in the black, with $889 million in revenue providing $6 million in net income. On the flip side, a plan to launch service in an "additional attractive European market" in Q4 is expected to result in temporary losses, but we'll find out more about those plans later in Q3.

One other issue that has been resolved is the search for a new Chief Marketing Officer resulting in the hiring of Kelly Bennett, formerly a marketing executive with Warner Bros. This morning Verizon and Redbox began to carefully pull back the cover on their competing offering, and Amazon has also been making significant waves in the space. However in response, Netflix says Amazon and Hulu Plus have yet to "gain meaningful traction" in relation to its viewing hours, and it expects Redbox Instant to face a "big challenge" to break into the existing top 3.
    Netflix recently let it drop that its users clocked in more than one billion hours of content-viewing in the month of June alone, although the big question for CEO Reed Hastings is how that relates to the company's subscriber base. The results are in from its Q2 2012 earnings report, and it's claiming 27.56 million subscribers worldwide, up from 26 million last quarter. In the US alone that includes 23.94 million customers, after it reported 23.4 million in Q1. While the number of new subscribers wasn't as high as some had hoped, the good news is the company is finally back in the black, with $889 million in revenue providing $6 million in net income. On the flip side, a plan to launch service in an "additional attractive European market" in Q4 is expected to result in temporary losses, but we'll find out more about those plans later in Q3.
    http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/24/n...2012-earnings/
    Last edited by balding1; 07-24-12 at 04:44 PM.
    07-24-12 04:26 PM
    Damn you NetFlex!!! Damn you, I say!!!
    jcbrunson likes this.
    07-24-12 04:29 PM
    Yeah I hate Netflex!
    Are you sure you didn't mean "Nitflicks"?
    07-24-12 04:31 PM
    let me see 78 million X 7.99 that adds up lets see if we get heard if well all canceled our netflex!
    Do you really think EVERY BlackBerry user is also a Netflix subscriber?
    snarlybear likes this.
    07-24-12 04:55 PM
    NetWhat?
    07-24-12 05:20 PM
    im sick of waiting for netflex to make a app for blackberry. i canceled my netflex account this morning and down loaded a tv app and started using a movie downloading web page. F**k net flex if they think i well give them one more penny if they can,t accomodate us bb fans. let me see 78 million X 7.99 that adds up lets see if we get heard if well all canceled our netflex!
    This is as senseless as someone threatening to throw away their playbook if RIM does not launch BBM on their iPhone next year.

If you'd cancel your subscription over such a trivial issue, then it's clear you never were a committed user anyway and I doubt they'd miss your money

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    07-24-12 05:26 PM
    Toasting in a roll bread.
    07-24-12 05:30 PM
    Is it just me, or do all these "i hate ___" and "i'm leaving ___" threads have sooper horrable speeling nd gramer!!11
    snarlybear, reschp and vespajet like this.
    07-24-12 05:47 PM
    Seems like this would have been more effective at a NetFlex forum, especially if you are signing up just for this rant. Why would you come here to holler at netflkex?

I cancelled my sub a month or two ago but didn't feel it was thread worthy...
    snarlybear likes this.
    07-24-12 05:52 PM
    What movie download site are you using or are talking about torrents? I'm looking to break my torrents addiction and find a legit source of movies that is PB compatible
    07-24-12 07:09 PM
    I cancelled months back simply because their movies suck after you've had it a couple of months and nothing new pops up except for B movies from the 80s.

It rubbed me the wrong way about their response to Blackberry users. However, I understood that was strictly a business decision.

I'll make a prediction though that we will have Netflix soon. They continue to give weak guidance on new subscribers and they are going to need all the help they can get over the next few quarters. Eventually a user base of a million or so with the potential for more will have to be attractive enough for them to make an app for.
    herculesinwyoming likes this.
    07-24-12 11:23 PM
    I left netflix long before i owned a playbook. I can find plenty to watch on line for free if i want.
    jcbrunson likes this.
    07-24-12 11:58 PM
    Me: Furiously shaking right fist at Netflex whilst reaching for the tv remote with the left hand to finish off Season 4 of Breaking bad on Netflix...

Many different devices to satisfy your Netflix craving....unfortunately the PlayBook is not one of them currently...get over it.
    07-25-12 12:21 AM
    I'm a Notflux luser and I love it!
    07-25-12 12:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD