Is there any word on this? Im sure devs have apps ready to go and are just waiting for 2.0 to come out..
    01-27-12 08:10 PM
    Hope they can run android as promised then I am fully satisfied

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
    01-27-12 08:13 PM
    heck to the firetruckin yea!

... i hope so
    Canuck22 likes this.
    01-27-12 08:23 PM
    If there are a bunch of new apps, I'll be dropping a boatload in Feb.
    01-27-12 08:28 PM
    YES! OS2 beta users are seeing lots of new, varied apps - especially Android.

And EA and Gameloft. have major size games on PB. They are also having sizeable specials on their games, Monopoly for example.

Check out Apple World - Featured now.
    JWWDUKE likes this.
    01-28-12 08:19 AM
    a few quality apps is better than a whole bunch of new/sub-par apps which is already flooding Apps World.

I wish TAT could have a few more great apps and help refine the PlayBook OS.
    Bungalow_Bill likes this.
    01-28-12 08:38 AM
    I'm hoping the level of integration for PIM shown at CES will also be in the rest of the tablet (Ex. integrated file manager, integrated print features, integrated media,...)
    01-28-12 08:40 AM
    I like the app selection fine as is; perhaps a few more solid utilitarian and productivity/business oriented apps should be in order, but I certainly hope all those thousands of silly apps found on other platforms don't make their way to the PB. As far as games are concerned, leave that for the big screen gamers.
    01-28-12 08:43 AM
    I've already exhausted my list of apps I need / want with the exception of 2. we still need a file explorer that will not only browse local files, but network files along with integration with cloud storage services. ES File Explorer is an android app that does all those, and is free for android phones, and I know it is being developed for the pb os2. My only other desire is for a really good RPG game. I tried the current ones and didn't like 'em.
    01-28-12 10:41 AM
    dumb and dumber reported "thousands" of new apps. Take it for what its worth.
    01-28-12 10:49 AM
    I like the app selection fine as is; perhaps a few more solid utilitarian and productivity/business oriented apps should be in order, but I certainly hope all those thousands of silly apps found on other platforms don't make their way to the PB. As far as games are concerned, leave that for the big screen gamers.
    Its sad to say but I fell its some of those silly apps which gets people to buy the other products. Having them isn't the issue imo. Making it easy to find what you want is what I feel is important.

James
    curvezzz likes this.
    01-28-12 11:36 AM
    Will new CEO have OS 2.0 released on 2/1? Or maybe 2/2? As it would make a great statement that things will be on time? ('OS 2.0 to be released in February') ><
    01-29-12 07:24 PM
    its nice if they can launch on 2 of feb ... imagine this
    os 2 was launch on 2-02-2012 all ends on 2
    01-30-12 04:54 AM
    Will new CEO have OS 2.0 released on 2/1? Or maybe 2/2? As it would make a great statement that things will be on time? ('OS 2.0 to be released in February') ><
    Being that its 1/30/2011 and we have seen and heard nothing else, not even a full hands-on demonstration for a blogger or a reporter from a tech mag. This means a final working OS doesnt even exist yet. At this juncture I am confident they are just working to get an acceptable OS out by the end of february and stave off the disasterous possibility of yet another RIM delay.
    01-30-12 05:44 AM
    I believe I read in another thread discussing 2.0, that developers had been given a date of February 7th as being a deadline for final submission for their apps. Who said rhis or how much credence it holds, I don't know. I offer it here only as a point of discussion.
    Stuckmojo likes this.
    01-30-12 06:07 AM
    I believe I read in another thread discussing 2.0, that developers had been given a date of February 7th as being a deadline for final submission for their apps. Who said rhis or how much credence it holds, I don't know. I offer it here only as a point of discussion.
    if that date is correct, and we assume it takes 14 days for app validation, then we can approximate a release date after 21st of Feb, however a date like the 22/02/2012 is pretty cool. Or if RIM's validators can drink Red Bull, a date of 20/02/2012 for OS2.0 would be a great marketing ploy.
    01-30-12 06:45 AM
    Zinio was shown at CES with a "coming soon" promise that was specific enough to include a $25 credit to users who download the app.

Netflix and Skype are both heavily rumored. Either would be pretty good to start the 2.0 reboot.

Feb 17 has been rumored for months, though the 21st may be more likely.
    01-30-12 07:09 AM
    I wish TAT could have a few more great apps and help refine the PlayBook OS.
    To date The Astonishing Tribe has been everything except astonishing. The antiquated culture of Research In Motion lingers like an unwanted house guest. Thorsten needs to kick some posteriors with the threat of termination for any failure to deliver exceptionally in February. Failure is not an option though it seems to be the perpetual fallback position.
    stephaneldugas likes this.
    01-30-12 07:25 AM
    Is there any word on this? Im sure devs have apps ready to go and are just waiting for 2.0 to come out..
    Expect to get what RIM announced that we can get in OS2 and have hope that in a week or two more apps will appear in appworld.

Don't expect too much and get disappointed, just expect what RIM said
    01-30-12 08:03 AM
    Alex Kinsela (RIM's PR and Social Media Manager) on Twitter yesterday:

"Some solid new titles are coming
    to BlackBerry and PlayBook this week.
    Gotta start writing reviews."

So I guess the answer may be "yes"...
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    01-30-12 08:47 AM
    Since the Android Player is included all of the Android apps that were repackaged and submitted should be ready to roll. I'm not sure if 2.0 would be holding up any native apps, but it is very possible. I'm hoping that we will see native Skype and Netflix (I think that DRM is available in 2.0 that may have held up Netflix and similar apps that need to access DRM content).
    01-30-12 08:47 AM
    Since the Android Player is included all of the Android apps that were repackaged and submitted should be ready to roll. I'm not sure if 2.0 would be holding up any native apps, but it is very possible. I'm hoping that we will see native Skype and Netflix (I think that DRM is available in 2.0 that may have held up Netflix and similar apps that need to access DRM content).
    Netflix, Skype, and Kindle (and Hulu Plus) would be nice. If I were RIM, I'd pay and do whatever it takes to get those on. I would have bought each of my kids a 16GB PB for Christmas instead of the Kindle Fires they got, but without Netflix and Kindle, it was pointless.
    01-30-12 09:14 AM
    Personally, I think the app selection to date is ok, considering the negativity the Playbook gets. I am VERY hopeful that the 2.0 launch will show a substantial increase in apps. However, I also don't believe we will be seeing a Feb 2012 launch of OS2.0, I suspect a March April release for various reasons.

We all know RIM cant hold a deadline to save their life, so why would that change now. The new CEO hasn't had the proper amount of time to come in and change that just yet.
    01-30-12 09:22 AM
    I feel like if RIM was going to have Netflix and/or Skype available for the 2.0 release, they would have announced it already. There is absolutely NO benefit to keeping it a secret this close to release. Get the word out and build up even more hype for 2.0. Unless of course they are waiting for the sale to end before they announce anything to try and get people who were waiting out to be forced to pay more once they hear about Netflix/Skype, but I personally think that would be a terrible strategy.
    01-30-12 09:27 AM
    Wishful thinking for anyone that thinks Skype is coming.... Sure the email campaign in another thread is going to try, but its not going to happen! My contact inside RIM has said repeatedly to me that it is NOT coming anytime soon if at all....

Netflix is more likely to make an appearance before Skype is even drafted into plans for making an app. Skype (MS) and RIM haven't had a skype program as of yet, and its not going to have to one anytime soon!!!
    01-30-12 10:12 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD