I own the 16 GB Playbook..right now I have about 8.5 GB available but I can't accept downloading a game that takes up so much room. I don't know the reason behind it, but for example, Asphalt 6 HD is around 500 MB..but after downloading it I notice it takes up over 1 GB of storage space on my Playbook, from the 16GB. Even Need for Speed takes up around 500-600 MB of storage from what I noticed. I deleted both of them in favour of keeping high quality, low size games and to keep room on my playbook just to be safe.

Does anyone do the same thing, or do you sacrifice the storage for these types of games?
    02-25-12 02:33 PM
    I have both Modern Combat and NOVA 2 on my 16GB and I got around 8.5GB left with some smaller apps and select music.

I try to only keep games that I will play and delete ones that I haven't touched since downloading.
    02-25-12 02:56 PM
    I own the 16 GB Playbook..right now I have about 8.5 GB available but I can't accept downloading a game that takes up so much room. I don't know the reason behind it, but for example, Asphalt 6 HD is around 500 MB..but after downloading it I notice it takes up over 1 GB of storage space on my Playbook, from the 16GB. Even Need for Speed takes up around 500-600 MB of storage from what I noticed. I deleted both of them in favour of keeping high quality, low size games and to keep room on my playbook just to be safe.

Does anyone do the same thing, or do you sacrifice the storage for these types of games?
    Reboot your PB after installing the game, you will see how 500 mb come back. Temporal files I suppose.
    02-25-12 03:16 PM
    Hmm interesting...you may have just made my day! Will test now.
    02-25-12 03:21 PM
    I don't pass at all. They are great..
    02-25-12 03:30 PM
    Right. The .bar is just a signed archive, and when you download an app first the .bar is downloaded to your Playbook, then depackaged into the /apps/ folder. The .bar remains on your Playbook until a reboot is performed.
    I have several large apps on my 16gb Playbook, and with all the other stuff I'm left with about 4gb - which should be plenty.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    DAnklaud likes this.
    02-25-12 03:33 PM
    Why limit yourself like that, you'd just be denying yourself the experience. If you ever upgraded you'd have the game already purchased. If you really need space you can delete the game and re-install later.

I think the biggest thing for managing a 16 gig (I have one too) is diligence with watching/deleting videos you put on your playbook. A high def one can run a couple gigs and I've budgeted about 5 gigs for videos lol.
    02-25-12 03:38 PM
    We don't pass on larger games/apps. We have 5 games that are 300 to 500mb and many small apps, of all kinds, which are 1 to 80mb.
    Only have 1 movie and a few cds ripped on the PB.
    Using web storage for most of my files saves space on the PB for the fun stuff my kids like.

Still have 8.2gb free.
    02-25-12 03:42 PM
    I pass on quantity. I have 14 quality games and 9.5 gigs left. No music (i keep music on my Torch). Another trick is don't keep movies on your PB. Load movies on it before you watch. Don't store video you never watch. Lots of space left.
    02-25-12 03:46 PM
    If I had room, and wanted the game, I'd get it. I don't game but I am in the process of loading movies onto my 16GB.

I'm not scared.
    02-25-12 03:48 PM
    Yeah. I just didn't like the idea of the games taking up twice the amount of space, like I thought Asphalt and NFS did. I thought those 2 alone were eating up almost 2GB alone, so I didn't want anything to do with them. But I'm re-installing now to make sure they take up a lesser amount now, and will have a better peace of mind to keep em if they do
    02-25-12 03:53 PM
    Nope. I've had a chance to download pretty much all the EA and Gameloft games except for a couple I just wasn't interested in. After the 2.0 up date my hard drive was sitting right at 4gbs. As a gamer their no way I'll pass up on any triple a titles as I've play most of what i have to death. I can just start deleting when its necessary to. My plan is to move some of the favorites over to the BB 10 phone when they finally get here so theirs no need for me to be conservative.
    02-25-12 05:44 PM
    I can't stand racing games. These are the games I use with 9.5 gigs left.

[IMG][/IMG]
    02-25-12 05:55 PM
    Nope, I just load a whole bunch of games and so if I'm ever bored, I know I have tons of games to choose from. What I don't do is load music or videos onto it. Not enough space for that.
    Here is a sample screen of some of my games. THe list goes on.

I've got 4.1GB of free storage left.
    02-25-12 06:01 PM
    Tested the games and sizes out..Asphalt still takes up about 900 MB. For the amount of time I'd spend playing it (not too often), I don't want to take up that much room on a game like that. I like the idea of the steering wheel on screen though..wish NFS had that. NFS took up around 400 MB after install and restart.

This is what I have right now with 8.5 GB free. I just don't like tying up my storage with something I won't use often..especially when I have great quality games that are a fraction of the size.

http://i.imgur.com/2WFSY.jpg
    Last edited by moss27; 02-25-12 at 06:09 PM.
    02-25-12 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD