I hate the negative spin on on the Blackberry, Business Insider titles the article as such...and doesn't justify how the apps are that awful, many of them are simple and do as stated.

BlackBerry PlayBook Apps

Here is the list:
    Reader's Digest - free, claim the problem is the large download size per issue
    Australian Public Toilet Directory
    Quick Currency
    BlackFeed - simple RSS reader
    SharePlus
    JustDict - dictionary which requires web access
    iGizmo
    TweeKL - twitter app
    Flickr Photo Frame
    Learn Swedish
    DoodleBlast - must have PB game
    04-18-11 03:37 PM
    I agree, I don't see what's wrong with all but one or two of those... Maybe Business Insider never took a look around Apple's App Store? I'm sure their number of fart apps out weighs ours by far. lol
    04-18-11 03:57 PM
    Check out the author's role at Business Insider. He's the "head of tools". Makes sense, as he's obviously a Tool himself. DoodleBlast is pretty good!
    04-18-11 04:10 PM
    I can't express how much this article angers me. I'll probably write a rant about it tonight on my blog. These tools are trying to attack RIM with which I have no problem per-se, I'm sure they're used to it. But in the process they're humiliating small indie developers which is completely unacceptable in my opinion.

Disgusting that's what it is.
    saudi_king and suzicat like this.
    04-18-11 06:00 PM
    I can't express how much this article angers me. I'll probably write a rant about it tonight on my blog. These tools are trying to attack RIM with which I have no problem per-se, I'm sure they're used to it. But in the process they're humiliating small indie developers which is completely unacceptable in my opinion.

Disgusting that's what it is.
    I echo Marco's opinion. WTF. We can just give s*** reviews for the apps made by TOOLs.
    04-18-11 06:13 PM
    I agree, I don't see what's wrong with all but one or two of those... Maybe Business Insider never took a look around Apple's App Store? I'm sure their number of fart apps out weighs ours by far. lol
    Please feel free to tell me what's wrong with mine (JustDict). Offline use and some nice UI transition are already in the works and will be submitted to App World once I was able to test if these features do well and run smooth on real hardware...
    04-19-11 12:07 PM
    Please feel free to tell me what's wrong with mine (JustDict). Offline use and some nice UI transition are already in the works and will be submitted to App World once I was able to test if these features do well and run smooth on real hardware...
    Great to see you here, I think you've got a great start and this could be a great companion for the Playbook. The point of this thread was to point out the negative spin from many online writers and to say that these apps really are not bad at all.

Keep up the good work!
    04-19-11 01:03 PM
    Sounds great. Your app wasn't one I was referring to, I was looking more at the Twitter app (only because I'd like some additional features).
    04-20-11 12:32 AM
    someone should explain to the writer of the article what the word hilarious means (or he should use the justdic app to look it up) but he didn't even try to throw in any jokes. they were just plain descriptions of the apps. no humor in the article at all
    04-20-11 12:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD