Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hello,

I'd really enjoy having xbmc on playbook because of the big screen an of course, the hdmi output.

I know there have been a few threads about xbmc/kodi on blackberry but almost everyone of them is for BB10 and the post that are about the playbook didn't really answer my question.

I tried sideloading several .apk's but none of them worked.

So i thought i just made a new thread about it.

Is there anybody who has a .bar file of xbmc wich i can download, an apk wich can be sideloaded or maybe someone can explain to me how to maybe recode the apk so it can be possible.

Or if anyone knows a working alternative that would also be great!

Device Info:

Blackberry Playbook 64 GB
    OS 2.1.0.1917

Thanks!

(Sorry for my bad English)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by sietseharteveld; 01-23-15 at 10:43 AM.
    kanaanism likes this.
    01-23-15 10:13 AM
    Trying to convert KODI 14 now and will test after... doubt it will work though. I would recommend side loading showbox instead of you want to catch up on TV shows you've missed from your cable provider.

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    01-23-15 12:29 PM
    Thanks, i also tried sideloading a version of xbmc (12.3) that works on android 2.3.3 but while converting it says error with reading zip file. Tell me if 14.0 works.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    teknofish likes this.
    01-25-15 05:33 AM
    Something which has been talked about a long time ago and no one was able to get XBMC to work. Gave up on that idea a long time ago as well as getting Netflix to work.
    01-26-15 02:04 PM
    Dude, if you get this working LMK, I seen a guy awhile ago who had it working (forget which version, gotham?) but it was only around 70 percent and he went MIA! Another Playbook Conspiracy!... HAH!

I just want Voxer and Cb Radio to work and I would be so happy. Cb radio (older version loads but no channels load, hmm?) I need to learn how to use debug tokens.

I would pay somebody $200 to get me voxer and cb radio as then I could fully swap back to my PB even in 2015!

-Steve

EDIT: Think this is what I saw, loaded halfway on mine when I had the unlocked run-time working for twenty five minutes on my PB until it locked all android apps. http://apk4blackberry.com/SPMC.html
    11-16-15 01:40 AM
    I just want Voxer and Cb Radio to work and I would be so happy. Cb radio (older version loads but no channels load, hmm?) I need to learn how to use debug tokens. I would pay somebody $200 to get me voxer and cb radio as then I could fully swap back to my PB even in 2015!
    For $200, could you not just buy a low-end Android device that would be able to directly install all these things? Time to realize that no one is putting effort towards this device and what we have is what we get. If it works for you, then keep it going...if not, then its time to move on.
    11-26-15 01:42 PM
    For $200, could you not just buy a low-end Android device that would be able to directly install all these things? Time to realize that no one is putting effort towards this device and what we have is what we get. If it works for you, then keep it going...if not, then its time to move on.
    Even less, Nexus TV selling for $69 in Canada and has Marshmallow and Kodi support.

Posted via CB10
    mh1983 and DreadPirateRegan like this.
    11-26-15 03:18 PM
    It just would not be the same and is that a rhetorical question or you want an answer? :P

Why can't we take the EMMT/Hard drive out and swap it with a android one, blackberry has that locked to?

It really is time to move on which I already did but was still FUN to post this! Sorry blackberry I held on as long as I could, they just are a rotten company anymore. This site is better then blackberry itself, get more details on android stuff indirectly.

I feel bad for whoever bought passports, classics, etc. Seems no more updates to bb10os now since the priv!

Another let down by BB! They should just send us a run-time update for the PB yes I heard it a million times as so many on this forum love to reply "playbook supports dead" I know this BUT they could do it easily or at least give us what we need to do it ourselves.

Once my Q-10 goes, that's all FOLKS...

HAHA, Blackberry will not even share its new launcher in the play-store nor its keyboard. Stingy as hell! It would only help them get more exposure with android which is obviously what they want...

I do not know which it is compatible with, the priv only if so, why even have it in the play-store! I have lollipop, still no go, arms no go, Intel (x86) no go even a mips. what is going on here with that nw blackberry stuff in the play-store, a tease? It will not load on any android device, all incompatible

I am already a full android sell out and I always said I never would, now I am proud to be a liar, ME

BTW: THIS IS ALL BECAUSE THEY LET US DOWN TIME AND TIME AND TIME AGAIN!............................................ .........

PS: I have a Yoga tab Pro 2 and 3 as well as Samsung galaxy 3 with CM 12.1 based on lollipop as well as a few other tabs. I think I found a playbook equivalent called the Toshiba Thrive, so many ports, it is like a PB on steroids running droid. If they have custom roms for it, will be grabbing it even though it is older as just o damn cool!...

I was hoping it I loaded the partially working dev alpha on Playbook kodi would run but heard that is still a no go for all app's so basically no reason to even add it. Its useless as well, typical!... ANDROID will take over the world!

The best thing ever made for Playbook and keeps it alive is Kalemsoft! Worth every penny and can at least run kodi via it and stream movies from your desktop, etc. Its so smooth I now have the android version on my ANDROID tablets!
    Last edited by CatchTwentyTwo; 12-16-15 at 01:27 AM. Reason: To mention how bad BB Sux now a days.
    12-16-15 01:12 AM
    Can anybody tell me how to download snapchat?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 07:29 AM
    Looking for a solution to get kodi working on the playbook too
    12-26-15 12:23 AM
    Looking for a solution to get kodi working on the playbook too
    Kodi is a no go, but search for an. Apk for Bmovie. It is an android app that works great on the Playbook. It has to be sideloaded of course.

What we got here is failure to communicate....
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    12-27-15 10:14 AM
    Kodi is a no go, but search for an. Apk for Bmovie. It is an android app that works great on the Playbook. It has to be sideloaded of course.

What we got here is failure to communicate....
    Prob not but beings kodi just released jarvis aka 16 with a ton of changed code did anyone try side load it for shots and giggles?

BTW: Thanks for tip on Bmovie looking for it now from safe source!

Like you I love Kalemsoft it's my go to hooked to PC stream it all and puts it into 1 by 1 is so awesome!

Posted via CB10
    03-13-16 11:48 AM
    Anyone get B Movie to work I keep getting 'network error' tried to load it twice even restarted device. Version is 1.1.2

 Passport SQW100-1/ 10.3.1.2876, Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576, Classic SQC100-4/ 10.3.2.2836 
    08-21-16 10:20 PM
    Anyone get B Movie to work I keep getting 'network error' tried to load it twice even restarted device. Version is 1.1.2

 Passport SQW100-1/ 10.3.1.2876, Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576, Classic SQC100-4/ 10.3.2.2836 
    I tried now too and doesnt work...does anyone have a working apk available?
    10-13-16 02:23 PM
    I tried now too and doesnt work...does anyone have a working apk available?
    BMovie is down for good. It was "busted" legally speaking, back in July and will probably never been seen again (unless by another name). If you are looking for movies and tv series for your Playbook, you could try rainierland. Just search for it.
    10-13-16 03:18 PM
    BMovie is down for good. It was "busted" legally speaking, back in July and will probably never been seen again (unless by another name). If you are looking for movies and tv series for your Playbook, you could try rainierland. Just search for it.
    yeah you gave me that one already! it works!
    brookie229 likes this.
    10-13-16 03:27 PM
    Oops sorry! I should pay greater attention lol.
    10-13-16 03:30 PM