04-25-15 05:26 PM
117 ... 2345
tools
    The BBH Link given in step one doesn't work, so I DL'd the DDPB app mentioned in other threads.

When i launch the DDPB app on my computer i get a warning that comes up saying "not java! close APP!"

I checked my java on my PC and it's showing current, any help here? I just want to get an ereader on my playbook that will read open epub files.
    05-09-12 01:03 PM
    New link for BBHTool : http://www.theiexplorers.com/BBHTool/BBHTool-pub.zip

Re: question above might - be a case of requiring the x64 version and the x86 together but could also just be wrong and work fine
    Last edited by lyricidal; 05-10-12 at 01:56 PM.
    05-09-12 01:33 PM
    Thanks to bluetroll for the original post, and lyricidal for posting the updated BBHTool link. Got Kindle, SkypeBeta and GoogleMaps, and waiting on a working .bar for Repligo.

I was kind of dreading trying sideloading but it's much easier than I expected. However, I ran into a problem.

SkypeBeta is working fine, but both the Kindle and GoogleMaps apps are giving me an error message, and this is after I restarted my playbook after the initial install. For Kindle, the error message is instantaneous on app load: "The application Amazon Kindle (process com.amazon.kindle) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." GoogleMaps seems to load about five seconds and then throws up a similar error, and forces me to close.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    05-09-12 03:00 PM
    Some apps just won't run, not sure if that's the case with those ones specifically but...yea.
    05-09-12 03:15 PM
    I think Kindle and Google Maps are working for a lot of people, though. I must have done something wrong, or maybe I need to reinstall them. I installed all three apps at once. Maybe I should try one at a time.
    05-09-12 03:17 PM
    New link for BBHTool : http://www.theiexplorers.com/BBHTool/BBHTool-pub.zip

Re: question above might - be a case of requiring the x64 version and the x86 together but could also just be wrong and work fine
    How would i know if that's the case?
    05-09-12 03:57 PM
    alright, thouroughly confused now. I'm trying to work this out. I DL'd the link lyricidal gave for the new BBH tool. It says "NO Blackberry OSs installed - please browse for your OS folder"

What the heck! I use blackberry desktop software for both my playbook and my torch. Why am i being told i don't have OSs installed? What am i missing? The tutorial here doesn't explain what to do with this.
    05-09-12 04:21 PM
    alright, thouroughly confused now. I'm trying to work this out. I DL'd the link lyricidal gave for the new BBH tool. It says "NO Blackberry OSs installed - please browse for your OS folder"

What the heck! I use blackberry desktop software for both my playbook and my torch. Why am i being told i don't have OSs installed? What am i missing? The tutorial here doesn't explain what to do with this.
    I had the same non-issue. Just push through it, means nothing. Click on and go through the rest of the steps. Make sure you do 2 things, which tripped me up:

1) You downloaded the BBH Tool in a zip file. Don't run it from within the unzipped window of whatever unzip program you're using. Actually export all the files to your desktop, or a folder, and run BBH out of there.

2) Make sure you install Java runtime environment.

This OS business had no effect on my ability to install... errm... well, except that I haven't been able to get Kindle or GoogleMaps to work (see above), but Skype is fine. Anyone else experience problems running Android apps, who was able to resolve the problem?
    05-09-12 04:28 PM
    BBH TOOL Download link is broken, and havent been able to find it on google. Any working links?
    05-10-12 01:35 PM
    Does this works for any OS sorry forma my dumb cuestion
    05-13-12 07:34 AM
    I've used DDPB to side load some apps from the goodereader app store. the only app that seemed to load properly was NPR-News Radio. I've tried to load Stitcher, WIN AMP, and PageOnce Pro, with no luck. When Stitcher attempts to load it fails with an error. These three bar files down loaded successfully to my computers download folder, but once I hit the ADD button in the DDPB window they don't show up. On a side note, the latest version of JAVA for Vista has been downloaded to my machine.
    Please no bashing about using Vista, any help would be appreciated.

de

KD5YFS
    05-14-12 11:14 AM
    Does this works for any OS sorry forma my dumb cuestion
    I love u men works for me
    05-14-12 04:28 PM
    got this message when using the DDPB installer:
    unable to access jarfile Y:\downloads\bar\BarDeploy.jar
    any ideas how to solve this?
    Many thanks.
    06-02-12 09:45 PM
    tool wont connect to my PB, DDPBinstaller works from the get go - very strange
    06-12-12 08:26 AM
    please help me, BBH tool said "selected bar has been installed to the connected device", but no app icons appear ! restart won't help

Info: Sending request: Install
    Error: User authentication failed
    Info: Sending request: Install
    Info: Action: Install
    Info: File size: 7667124
    Info: Installing ...
    Info: Processing 7667124 bytes
    Info: Progress 0%...
    Info: Progress 50%...
    Info: Progress 100%...
    actual_dname::com.halo.companion.gYABgNG0QTAcK0Utx 6u6oXBo..s
    actual_id::gYABgNG0QTAcK0Utx6u6oXBo--s
    actual_version::1.0.2.0
    result::success
    07-10-12 11:34 PM
    Thank you.

I followd the clear instructions and sideloaded the BBC Olympics app.

Thanks again.
    07-28-12 12:39 PM
    Couldnt get mine to work until I installed this

DDPBInstaller.msi

Then everything works great
    09-03-12 11:32 AM
    Does the BBH tool work on mac?
    No. If you have mac (Intel) or linux try this.
    You install Chrome browser on your computer that you are using to download and sideload. Linux needs Chromium browser.
    Then you add the extension 'Playbook App Manager' from Chrome's Spanner, then Settings, Extensions, then Get More Extensions (or Gallery if you have none yet)

Download the required .bar file

Have both computer and Playbook connected by wifi to your router. (No usb cable!)
    Ensure File Sharing and wifi sharing are enabled in Playbook (Settings, Storage and Sharing)
    Put the Playbook in Development Mode (Settings, Security, Development Mode) and add a password, preferably your normal Playbook password.
    Look at the IP address of the playbook by tapping the Development Mode icon when you top corner swipe.
    It will begin 192.168. when using wifi.

Go to Chrome in the computer and go Spanner, Settings, Extensions, then select “Options” in Playbook App Manager.

Type the IP address you noted in Device Hostnames/IP

Click Save

Click on the IP address where it says ‘manage your devices’.
    Ignore the big red warning and click “Proceed Anyway”
    Enter your password and click Log In.
    A list of all playbook apps will appear.
    Click on the Install button
    Go to the folder where you downloded the .bar file from goodereader.com and click on open.
    The app will be sideloaded.

No criticism of Bluetroll's method intended, just an option for Mac and Linux. Also works in Windoze by the way.
    Last edited by jarviser; 09-22-12 at 04:06 PM.
    09-22-12 04:01 PM
    This guide is essentially useless, since the IPv4 Address is not compatible with my development address. The number choices for setting my development address do not include the last set of numbers for my IPv4 Address, thus preventing me from properly setting up the WiFi. How can this be corrected, or is there another way?

Actually, my dev mode wifi starts with 169. See the problem here?
    10-05-12 07:44 PM
    do these instructions still work with 2.1 ?
    10-09-12 03:46 AM
    yes it does
    10-10-12 01:35 PM
    I have a small problem i can't side load any app. the problem i can't get into my development mode. i enter a password it don't work or will not get to the password screen. my qos has been updated to 2.01.
    10-12-12 12:17 PM
    I was concerned with problems of possibly corrupting the OS or other issues but this was actually easy to do an not hard to follow like rooting Android.

Jeff
    10-18-12 06:32 PM
    deleted

deleted
    Last edited by john175bramley; 10-31-12 at 12:44 PM.
    10-31-12 08:11 AM
    thanks i appreciate it!! don't have a pc....but works like a charm on my MBP using chrome!

No. If you have mac (Intel) or linux try this.
    You install Chrome browser on your computer that you are using to download and sideload. Linux needs Chromium browser.
    Then you add the extension 'Playbook App Manager' from Chrome's Spanner, then Settings, Extensions, then Get More Extensions (or Gallery if you have none yet)

Download the required .bar file

Have both computer and Playbook connected by wifi to your router. (No usb cable!)
    Ensure File Sharing and wifi sharing are enabled in Playbook (Settings, Storage and Sharing)
    Put the Playbook in Development Mode (Settings, Security, Development Mode) and add a password, preferably your normal Playbook password.
    Look at the IP address of the playbook by tapping the Development Mode icon when you top corner swipe.

Go to Chrome in the computer and go Spanner, Settings, Extensions, then select “Options” in Playbook App Manager.

Type the IP address you noted in Device Hostnames/IP

Click Save

Click on the IP address where it says ‘manage your devices’.
    Ignore the big red warning and click “Proceed Anyway”
    Enter your password and click Log In.
    A list of all playbook apps will appear.
    Click on the Install button
    Go to the folder where you downloded the .bar file from goodereader.com and click on open.
    The app will be sideloaded.

No criticism of Bluetroll's method intended, just an option for Mac and Linux. Also works in Windoze by the way.
    11-03-12 01:58 PM
117 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD