Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hello, very, very newbie here! Just purchased a playbook and love it so far. Was trying to download the Kindle App from Android, but cannot get BBH Tool to recognize my playbook! When I click on my Start icon, then computer, it is there, but cannot get it to BBH Tool. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    03-01-12 07:11 PM
    Hi, any way for this to work for a MAC? Dont own a windows unfortnately
    03-03-12 05:08 AM
    Must be me, but this still looks complicated...
    03-03-12 03:36 PM
    I was having issues similar to Gjoseph and GranthamJoel until I remembered that I haven't reinstalled the Java Runtime Environment since I rebuilt my computer as a Windows 7 Machine. I installed the 32- and 64-bit versions of JRE and stopped getting the message "Selected .BAR(s) have NOT been successful installed to the connected device. Please try again."

Presto, the app got installed. It seems to be working too.
    Same thing here. I was sidetracked by the "No BlackBerry OSs installed" and didn't realize that no OS folder is needed.

Amazing how much it helps to actually read the directions. Once I installed the 64-bit Java (Duh!) BBH Tool worked flawlessly.

Thanks to the OP. Great tool. Love having more options for apps.
    lyricidal likes this.
    03-04-12 03:03 PM
    Do I have to have my Playbook connected via USB or does sideloading work via wifi? My Playbook is already seen as a shared drive on my network. I get the message "No Blackberry OSs installed" when I run the BBHTool. I have current java installed on my pc with Win7 64bit.

**edit** Just used a different installer, DDPB (v1.08.0), to install my first Android app with no issues. This was done on a wifi only connection. Here is the link to DDPB. http://www.mediafire.com/?634lu6dn6ejdj4c
    Last edited by compuease; 03-04-12 at 10:06 PM.
    03-04-12 09:28 PM
    How do you download an Android app? Android Market says I dont have a device recognized... "No android phones associated with this account."
    Can someone inform me how to Download an Android Market App?
    03-05-12 09:46 PM
    I have lost the ability to connect via microusb (damaged)...so I was wondering if there is a way thru wifi only.

Thanks
    03-05-12 10:21 PM
    How do you download an Android app? Android Market says I dont have a device recognized... "No android phones associated with this account."
    Can someone inform me how to Download an Android Market App?
    You can not install directly from the android market.
    go to goodreader.com and look for Playbook apps. They make it simple there're for you. And if you find something you like don't forget to donate. There were also instructions at the beginning of this thread that will help you do that. It's easy. If I can do it anyone can.
    Enjoy.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    03-06-12 05:45 AM
    go to goodreader.com and look for Playbook apps.
    I must be blind, I don't see any reference to Playbook apps at goodreader.com.

I've installed a few Android apps, but some are very buggy or simply don't work at all. Is there a specific method to uninstalling these apps?

Thanks!
    03-09-12 09:19 PM
    Just want to say thx to all these posts/instructions...works GREAT and looking forward to lots of great apps that RIM can't seem to find their way to manage. Thanks!
    03-10-12 01:18 PM
    Awesome! I used DDPB version 1.0.8.0 and it worked great with Win7 and OS2. I now have Google Maps, Kindle, and Skype(beta). VERY cool!

Thanks, wonderful people!
    03-11-12 02:38 PM
    Is it possible to sideload via Wi-Fi using any tool?
    03-12-12 01:03 PM
    Awesome! I used DDPB version 1.0.8.0 and it worked great with Win7 and OS2. I now have Google Maps, Kindle, and Skype(beta). VERY cool!

Thanks, wonderful people!
    How is Skype working? I had not yet heard of anyone getting it to work just like it's supposed to, you know, with video.
    03-13-12 05:00 PM
    Is it possible to sideload via Wi-Fi using any tool?
    yes,

with my instructions, you actually don't need to connect your playbook via USB. As long as you have the correct wifi IPv4 address you are good to go.
    03-13-12 11:05 PM
    yes,

with my instructions, you actually don't need to connect your playbook via USB. As long as you have the correct wifi IPv4 address you are good to go.
    I can't seem to get it to work... Even tried with USB connected and that doesn't work either. I can install with DDPB though...any thoughts?

UPDATE: I just click view network storage and read app info a few times and then tried the install and it worked. It looks like getting the connection between PC and computer is kind of flimsy at first but after connecting it works perfectly!
    Last edited by finittz; 03-15-12 at 12:53 PM.
    03-14-12 03:43 AM
    Can this be done without a wifi connection?
    03-15-12 07:20 AM
    Can this be done without a wifi connection?
    Yes, by connecting the playbook to PC using the usb cable.
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-15-12 12:52 PM
    Thank-you!!! I had trouble with DDPB, but using BBHybrid Tools, worked like a charm.
    Love this program, I use it to shrink as well, and it's super.
    lyricidal likes this.
    03-30-12 09:50 PM
    I just want to know how to uninstall the installed apps. Please guide me

thanks
    raghavendra
    03-31-12 12:39 PM
    I just want to know how to uninstall the installed apps. Please guide me

thanks
    raghavendra
    You can uninstall them just as you would any normal blackberry app on the playbook. You hold down the app until it starts to kind of shake and you'll see a small X in the right hand corner of the app. You click that X and it'll ask if you want to delete the app. That's it
    03-31-12 12:54 PM
    I've got the same problems that many others users. I've made all the steps, installed the applications, but I can't see em in my PB. I don't know how to open them.
    Any help?
    04-08-12 12:28 PM
    I've got the same problems that many others users. I've made all the steps, installed the applications, but I can't see em in my PB. I don't know how to open them.
    Any help?
    Did you try to restart your pb?

Worst comes to worst, try a security wipe and then re-install the apps. That seems to work for most people.
    04-09-12 08:06 PM
    Hey.. I see that the apps have successfully installed on my playbook and the icon also appears on the playbook. But when I click on the app icon, nothing comes up and the app doesn't load. Any help appreciated.

Thanks
    04-14-12 09:16 AM
    I'm now having problems installing and removing apps. The other day all was fine, I could install and remove using the BBH tool. I've followed the guide today that allows converting APK to BAR files, but when I tried to install I got the message "Selected .BAR(s) have NOT been successful installed to the connected device. Please try again.". I get this message with both the one APK file I converted and another BAR file I have tried (linked to from this site).
    When I tried to remove apps using the tool (that I've installed previously) I get the message that it completed but the app remains. I see in an above post that you can delete the normal way, will that definitely not leave anything behind?

*edit* OK, PC reboot let me remove apps and also install, but app I converted myself doesn't want to leave (going to try rebooting PC again) so appreciate knowing if deleting apps the normal way completely removes them.
    Last edited by Deaths Head; 04-15-12 at 04:57 PM.
    04-15-12 04:35 PM
    Hi,
    I followed the instruction and sideloaded the app without any issue (no errors reported). Howver when I click the game icon, nothing comes up and games are not getting loaded. I tried multiple games and result is same. Any idea how to overcome this and launch the sideloaded app/games? Thanks in advance.
    04-18-12 12:55 AM
117 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD