I don't know if this is the correct forum, but I'm hoping that anyone here can answer my question. I saw the following ad by Walmart:

Walmart really gives "unlimited data"?-awm.jpg

When it says "unlimited data", does that mean I can watch YouTube (or download anything on the Internet) for the whole month and only be charged $29.88 (approximately)? I guess I'm confused as to why it says "unlimited data" and includes up to 1GB of 4G LTE data?

My plan with AT&T gives me a limit of 2 GB. I'm wondering if I buy the Walmart Plan will I get unlimited downloads on my BlackBerry phone?

I'd appreciate any information from anyone on the Walmart Family Share Plan. Thanks!
    10-02-15 08:50 PM
    you probably get throttled to super slow speeds after 1GB?

That's how Wind in Canada is after 6GB

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 08:52 PM
    After 1GB of lte data use, your speeds slow down to 4g speeds with

Posted via CB10
    medic_28 likes this.
    10-02-15 08:52 PM
    "Unlimited plans include 4G LTE" is not the same as "unlimited plans are unlimited 4G LTE."

I can't read them very clearly but if you read the price blocks, it tells you how much LTE data you get. Looks like $29.88 gets you 1GB LTE and $39.88 gets you 3GB. Afterwards, they probably throttle you down to 2G speeds and thereby get to call it unlimited.
    Blackberry_Boss likes this.
    10-02-15 08:53 PM
    "Unlimited plans include 4G LTE" is not the same as "unlimited plans are unlimited 4G LTE."

I can't read them very clearly but if you read the price blocks, it tells you how much LTE data you get. Looks like $29.88 gets you 1GB LTE and $39.88 gets you 3GB. Afterwards, they probably throttle you down to 2G speeds and thereby get to call it unlimited.
    In other words, for a fixed price of approximately $29.88 per month, I will have unlimited access to the Internet, without fear of any "overage" charges? My connection will just slow down after I use up 1 GB LTE data?

Is that correct? If true, that kinda sounds like a good deal.
    10-02-15 09:37 PM
    @raino are they still allow to call unlimited but they throttle data?
    10-02-15 09:57 PM
    In other words, for a fixed price of approximately $29.88 per month, I will have unlimited access to the Internet, without fear of any "overage" charges? My connection will just slow down after I use up 1 GB LTE data?

Yeah but I think if you has reached the limit the Internet speed will be awful
    10-02-15 09:58 PM
    But the other thing most people don't understand with getting service from a re seller is you don't get full access to every tower. I can't remember who Walmart Re sells service for, but say for example it's at&t and it's peek commute time like going to or from work in a big city and the towers are getting maxed out. You make a phone call and your talking away then all of a sudden your call drops, what happens is an actual at&t subscriber makes a call it kicks off a non "at&t" caller so there call can be made. The other thing is you don't get access to every at&t tower. There's a reason why it's cheaper and there's more to it than I can explain .
    So keep that in mind when making a decision on those Re sellers phone service at a cheaper rate..

There's a saying "you get what you pay for "

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 10:01 PM
    With the $29.88 plan you will get: Unlimited calls and texts, and unlimited DATA ( Meaning at any speed) with only 1GB of 4g LTE. So yeah there shouldn't be any over charging for any DATA use its just that the speed will get significantly reduced once you pass the 1GB line

Attachment 374220
    I have a similar plan with TMO, after I pass that 1GB line my data speeds get reduced to 2g
    10-02-15 10:06 PM

Correct. Once you use up your 1GB of high speed data, you will be throttled down to 2G speeds...which as Usman pointed out, are slooow--but good enough for emails (sans attachments,) BBM (text messages) and maybe some light browsing of text based websites.

Then when the billing cycle resets, you will have 1GB again.

One thing to note: this is a postpaid plan which means your price will be $29.88+taxes.

@raino are they still allow to call unlimited but they throttle data?
    Yeah. Because the data they give you is unlimited. They aren't claiming it's unlimited high speed data.

Plus they're disclosing it upfront.
    Uzi likes this.
    10-02-15 10:12 PM
    You make a phone call and your talking away then all of a sudden your call drops, what happens is an actual at&t subscriber makes a call it kicks off a non "at&t" caller so there call can be made.
    This would be against the law. WFM actually sells TMO service and if your call is entirely on the TMO network, TMO cannot drop your call. They can prioritize your data lower, though.

I'm not sure what the law says about dropping off-network roaming calls. Luckily, WFM comes with free off-network roaming for calls and texts.

The other thing is you don't get access to every at&t tower.
    True for prepaid/MVNOs. However, I have a feeling that since WFM is postpaid and advertised by TMO too, they do get access to every TMO tower (i.e. the same ones a TMO postpaid customer would have access to.) They just get lower priority for data, and no off-network data.
    10-02-15 10:59 PM
    I have never trusted Walmart, take advantage of the poor and load them with crap. Have shopped there and will never do. Check Lycamobile or Ultramobile. Peace out!

Posted via CA Governor's BlackBerry Passport SE
    10-02-15 11:25 PM
    This would be against the law. WFM actually sells TMO service and if your call is entirely on the TMO network, TMO cannot drop your call. They can prioritize your data lower, though.

I'm not sure what the law says about dropping off-network roaming calls. Luckily, WFM comes with free off-network roaming for calls and texts.

True for prepaid/MVNOs. However, I have a feeling that since WFM is postpaid and advertised by TMO too, they do get access to every TMO tower (i.e. the same ones a TMO postpaid customer would have access to.) They just get lower priority for data, and no off-network data.
    Exactly. I switched to Cricket a couple of months ago, which uses AT&T towers, and have seen no difference at all. I haven't gone over my data allotment so I have no experience with the lower speeds. The only difference I have seen is I'm paying a lot less monthly.
    ZayDub likes this.
    10-03-15 07:34 AM
    Exactly. I switched to Cricket a couple of months ago, which uses AT&T towers, and have seen no difference at all. I haven't gone over my data allotment so I have no experience with the lower speeds. The only difference I have seen is I'm paying a lot less monthly.
    The only major difference is that Cricket caps your speeds for LTE. You also don't have access to any roaming agreements that AT&T has made to use other carrier's infrastructure. Fortunately they're large enough in terms of their coverage that you would likely only hit roaming if you are in a remote area, or in areas without a strong AT&T presence.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-03-15 08:47 AM
    The only major difference is that Cricket caps your speeds for LTE. You also don't have access to any roaming agreements that AT&T has made to use other carrier's infrastructure. Fortunately they're large enough in terms of their coverage that you would likely only hit roaming if you are in a remote area, or in areas without a strong AT&T presence.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly true but as I said, I see no difference with how I use my phone. It could be for other circumstances you could see a difference. I use email, text, Twitter, surf the web, etc. I pay $35 flat fee and get the enjoyment of no longer getting ripped off by AT&T by paying more than double for no reason. It's not for everyone though.
    Michael_Stewart likes this.
    10-03-15 09:54 AM
    I wonder where WFM ranks on the prioritization pecking order, which is TMO postpaid>TMO branded prepaid>Metro (unbranded subsidiary prepaid)>MVNOs.
    10-03-15 01:50 PM