Is there a way to block an incoming text message coming from Yahoo Messenger?
    04-17-09 02:25 PM
    I'm not real clear on your question. I use yahoo messenger but none of the messages come through unless I'm logged in. There is a setting in yahoo messenger to ignore or block people other than that just don't log in and the messages shouldn't come through until you log in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 09:16 PM
    Do you mean you log in mobile? That's just a regular function where your msgs come thru as texts. You can turn that off through your yahoo messenger settings on your computer

04-17-09 11:49 PM
    Nope. They have put my moblie # into their yahoo chat and actually use yahoo messenger to send me text messages.

Say if you were on my yahoo messenger list as a buddy and i had your mobile # i could put it into your profile on my buddylist. If and whenever i decided to i could text you from my yahoo messenger.

Was just wondering if there was a way to block those incoming texts from YM.

Help
    04-18-09 09:22 AM
    I still don't understand what you are trying to do. If you don't want them to send you messages, delete them from your Yahoo Messenger.

Also, if they have your cell phone number, they will be able to text you. If you want to block that, log into your MyAlltel page and set it up there.
    04-18-09 06:37 PM
    I dont care if they message me using yahoo messenger if i am actually signed onto yahoo messenger. It's when they are on messenger and i am not signed on that i dont want their texts.

How do i block people and what is MYALLTEL page?
    04-18-09 07:41 PM
    Ok, I think I might understand. Via your yahoo on your computer you need to change the settings so it doesn't forward to your cell number. Then just use yahoo messenger on your bb and you should only get the messages when you are logged in.

04-18-09 08:08 PM
    I dont care if they message me using yahoo messenger if i am actually signed onto yahoo messenger. It's when they are on messenger and i am not signed on that i dont want their texts.

How do i block people and what is MYALLTEL page?
    https://alltel.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...p?p_faqid=8331
    04-19-09 11:59 AM
    I know what he's talking about, and it has nothing to do with being logged in or having them forwarded. They just type in a phone number and send a text from yahoo. You can reply to it and carry on a conversation that way. Sorry, I don't know how to block it with Alltell.

04-19-09 12:04 PM
    Well then it seems the point is moot. If they have his cell number and you could block them from texting via yahoo there is still nothing to block the texts coming via the regular method. Again you could set these people to ignore in yahoo and then lift that restriction when you log in but that won't stop them from texting you if they are so inclined...they have your number so to speak...lmao.

04-19-09 12:31 PM
    Thanks to all who tried to help me out with this. Yahoo just emailed me the answer and it goes something like this (for those of you who might wanna know)

1. Using your phone, please create a text message containing the
    following commands:

block all

2. Send the said command to Yahoo! short code 92466. This will prevent
    all Yahoo! users from contacting you through SMS.
    04-20-09 08:12 AM
    Thanks for the info. I had been looking for a way to accomplish this also.
    04-23-09 02:20 PM
    The above instructions work. The details are at:

help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mobile/comms/messengersms/messengersms-11.html

Everyone should go to the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) URL below and file a complaint. Yahoo opening the door for spammers to send text messages without your first opt'ing-in is a direct violation of MMA rules.

mmaglobal.com/consumer

The carriers (Verizon, etc) are all members of the MMA. Yahoo's spam ultimately needs to be sent out to the phones via the carriers. The carriers can block Yahoo if enough people complain. Thereby forcing Yahoo to clean up their act if they want to have SMS capability again in the future. By "clean up their act" I mean that the MMA rules require Yahoo to implement an explicit "opt-in" by consumers. Currently Yahoo is operating under "opt-out" in violation of MMA rules -- forcing consumers to take action of stop spam rather than requiring users to authorize receiving marketing messages. If consumers do not complain, then this cancer will spread as more and more companies discover they can ignore the "opt-in" rule without anybody doing anything about it.
    09-25-11 08:28 PM
    Thanks to all who tried to help me out with this. Yahoo just emailed me the answer and it goes something like this (for those of you who might wanna know)

1. Using your phone, please create a text message containing the
    following commands:

block all

2. Send the said command to Yahoo! short code 92466. This will prevent
    all Yahoo! users from contacting you through SMS.
    Hey I've been going thru the same thing for a week now. Someone's been mssging me details from back home! I tried mssging 'block all' and even the username to 92466, but it keeps saying 'unfortunately we were unable to understand your request. Please try again.'
    I don't know what to do anymore.
    11-20-11 04:41 PM
    As of Dec 18 2011, the aforementioned solutions do not work. The short code simply replies by saying that it can not understand the request.

The solution now is to reply to that person sending you the unwanted text messages. Just type in "block" and it will prevent that user from contacting you ever again.

I made an account just to reply to this post.
    12-18-11 02:40 PM
    Yes, we can block a particular user in Yahoo account. If you are using Yahoo Messenger on the web then click on the particular user which you want to block then on the Settings icon and select block user. This will block that particular user. For more information you can refer to the link: https://tackk.com/z80bzf
    01-31-17 05:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD