Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    If your looking to use a blackberry q10 device with metro you need to call them up and act as though your porting over an android. Don't mention BlackBerry because they will say it's not supported. Give them the esn and you will be good to go.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 and DJFLEX-mk2 like this.
    08-10-14 07:49 AM
    Good to know. But it sucks to have to do it that way
    08-10-14 09:00 AM
    Probably because they don't have BIS/BES and they still think that BlackBerry 10 requires it.
    08-10-14 10:45 AM
    Probably because they don't have BIS/BES and they still think that BlackBerry 10 requires it.
    Yep, I'm guessing that's exactly it.
    08-10-14 01:05 PM
    does everything work normally? does LTE work? any special instructions to follow?
    10-04-14 02:54 AM
    11-10-2014, 05:18 AM
    I'm in South Florida metroPCS:
    Okay I Order the "3 Type SIM Cards" packaging online tonight at 11-10-2014MON.2:48AM (metroPCS) and just enter the info as (SAMSUNG GALAXY S III), then next screen ask for my (ESN)IMEI/(MEID)#, I used my BlackBerry Z10(STL100-3) IMEI# 15-Digits ... It Check out "GOOD" !!! Then it asked for my Cell Number and Address Shipping info - Then Paid for my order with DEBIT/Credit Card. So Now I gota wait.

**UPDATE** Since 11-13-2014 THR.2:50AM EST.
    When I got the microSIM card I just called metroPCS on another telephone Land line, then gave them my info cause I am a existing current customer. The agent asked if I have ANDROID - I said yes, I did not tell them its a BLACKBERRY Z10....BUT I DID SAY ITS UNLOCKED ANDROID....So she asked for my for my handset IMEI# 15-Digits, then asked for my microSIM # 20-Digits>>Then she said to insert..and Boot up..I also asked to Upgrade my Old "NOV 2010 BlackBerry 8530 / BlackBerry TAX Inclusive $50Plan" to the **NEW $60 BYODANDROID ULTD TALK TXT DATA and Plus I added $5 Value Bundle** total $65 per month ! ... IF YOUR A EXISTING CUSTOMER MAYBE A 1 TIME PRORATE OF $10 first month plan for one of the add on feature to my plans...then its $65 per month for me after ~
    My BlackBerry Z10(STL100-3), WORKS GREAT, ! I CAN SEE ON MY CELL NETWORK saying metroPCS.
    Also when you insert the microSIM Card it looks like the Card will load few setting and software stuff into the BBZ10 cause now it boots up everytime T-Mobile branding Screen.
    Last edited by DJFLEX-mk2; 11-24-14 at 11:34 AM. Reason: UPDATING INFO:
    raino likes this.
    11-10-14 04:18 AM
    If your looking to use a BlackBerry Z10 device with metro you need to call them up and act as though your porting over an android. Don't mention BlackBerry because they will say it's not supported. Give them the esn and you will be good to go.

**YOU WAS RIGHT, THANKS I DID WHAT YOU SAID** !!! ... It's WORKING GREAT !

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DJFLEX-mk2; 01-01-15 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Correct Device to use BlackBerry Z10 - Edit
    11-23-14 07:02 AM
    Hi,

It looks like you made the BB Z10 work on Metro PCS ;-)

I have an old Blackberry Storm 9530. I am wondering whether your approach would work the same way on that phone - order a Metro PCS SIM Card for unlocked GSM phones, but say it's for an unlocked Android phone.

What do you think?
    Also, would I have to do any flashing?

Thanks!
    Michael
    12-30-14 10:54 PM
    BlackBerry Storm 9530 <-- "Sorry but I did not want to give up my (Blackberry 8530 CURVE II) that I had on metroPCS for 4years 2010NOV20 - to - 2014NOV13 using OS:5.0" ...LOL , your cell BlackBerry Storm 9530 is a 2G/EDGE NETWORK (GSM / HSPA)
    made in 2008, September. Released 2008, November (Status: Discontinued) with OS: 4.0-5.0 ??? you need as I explain in my notes above.. this
    BlackBerry Storm 9530 is not a 4G LTE !!, or or does not have the New BlackBerry OS 10.2.1 higher and soon this year OS 10.3.1

metroPCS is on the T-Mobile NETWORK...but T-Mobile will Turn off later in mid or sooner this year there 2G/GSM/EDGE Network.. So its time to adapted with the Future on BLACKBERRY OS 10.2.1 and Higher.

No Flashing is Needed,.. this is Old School Technical Practice, you just need to get the BlackBerry Z10 (UNLOCK) ---> ** THIS MODEL BlackBerry **>>
    BlackBerry Z10 STL100-3, RFK121LW with Quad Band (UNLOCK) aka the "T-Mobile BlackBerry Z10" !

I gave the info onto how to talk to metroPCS Agent.. Don't tell them you got a Blackberry>> Just say you got a BYOD-ANDROID and your microSIM card

- SAY ITS UNLOCKED ANDROID 4G LTE.... metroPCS Agent on the phone will asked for my handset the IMEI# 15-Digits, then asked for my microSIM # 20-Digits>>Then they said to insert..and Boot up..I also asked to Upgrade my Old "NOV 2010 BlackBerry 8530 / BlackBerry TAX Inclusive $50Plan" to the **NEW $60 BYODANDROID ULTD TALK TXT DATA and Plus I added $5 Value Bundle** total = $65 per month ! ... IF YOUR A EXISTING CUSTOMER MAYBE A 1 TIME PRORATE OF $10 first month plan for one of the add on feature to my plans...then its $65 per month for me after each month.

Here is my **BlackBerry Z10** Screen Shot for proof I'm on **metroPCS 4G LTE / (T-Mobile NETWORK)**:
    How to use Metro PCS with BB10-img_20150101_064631.pngHow to use Metro PCS with BB10-img_20150101_064640.png
    Last edited by DJFLEX-mk2; 01-01-15 at 06:56 PM.
    01-01-15 07:21 AM
    Hi there, this is great information...my BB q10 is branded with AT&T, do I have to unlock my phone? would I be able to do this myself online??? I sooo hope so this is exciting news!! Please someone respond/let me know..thank you all!
    03-12-15 05:14 PM
    Easy to unlock. Lots of places with unlock codes. More $ than older models, but quick & easy to do. Will then work on T-Mobile

DHS
    05-31-15 04:15 PM
    It seems odd that that would work and everything would work on your BB. Reason I say that is because I tried an Android phone for a couple of months and then switched back to BB with a Q10. When I switched from BB and then back again on Tmo they had an issue where they had to do something with provisioning for data differently on a BB. Until they did that I would not get all my texts. Tmo said that BB handles data differently and that they had to set it up differently on their end. In other words, if they didn't know it was a BB and made some sort of settings to accommodate BB then not everything on my phone would work.

So, you are saying that cellular network settings for an Android will work fine with a BB and everything will work, but then what was Tmo talking about? I'm confused. I had to go back to the Tmo store and that was when the rep said "oh yea, I gotta call customer service and have your data set for a BB. That's why you're not getting all your texts". Hmmmm? And that was switching from an Android.

I want to take my Q10 over to MetroPCS, but I wanna make sure all my features will work. Please advise. Thanks.
    06-05-15 09:13 AM
    I purchased my BlackBerry Passport silveredition directly from blackberry. Two days latter was wondering to connect with tmobile than recalled tmobile and metro is literally the same yet metro $22 cheaper. Walked in metro they entered it as an other devise yet low and behold it works great. Have 4GLTE also Hotspot unlimited everything for 60 monthly. Honestly no complaints at all.
    Loving metro

Silver Edition
    02-25-16 07:46 PM
    It's been awhile...

I ended up just switching my post-pay plan to prepay and stuck with T-mo. I pay $40 out the door for unlimited talk, text and data.

Funny thing is I get the exact same everything for less than I was paying post-pay. The only difference I have seen is my voicemail messages don't save as long. BUT, my monthly bill does not fluctuate either like it ALWAYS did with post-pay. Tmo always said it was the taxes that made it change all the time. Honestly, it is so much easier to NOT have a post pay account. I know exactly how much I am paying each month with zero surprises.
    02-26-16 12:36 PM
    Hi, so you went there and showed them your bb passport? and does 4g lte and all work fine on it? Just got one myself and i don't know if i should go with my passport and show it to them or just call them and say its android..
    02-13-17 03:31 PM
    Hi, so you went there and showed them your bb passport? and does 4g lte and all work fine on it? Just got one myself and i don't know if i should go with my passport and show it to them or just call them and say its android..
    Yea I assumed that if the phone is unlocked it would automatically work on MetroPCS network
    02-14-17 07:37 AM
    Yes, just explain pretending it actually runs on android. Should work no problem, according to previous posters. I am getting tired of being overcharged by ATT GoPhone and will be switching over next month!

Posted via CB10
    02-16-17 07:37 PM
    Yes, just explain pretending it actually runs on android. Should work no problem, according to previous posters. I am getting tired of being overcharged by ATT GoPhone and will be switching over next month!

Posted via CB10
    This is exactly the same problem I am having with Tracfone...as soon as you say it is a BlackBerry they say that it is not compatible and that it should be iOS or Android...so Im not sure or confident but I think that it should work because of no BIS
    07-25-17 08:47 AM